Thread: Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Default Voyage of the Dawn Treader

pure awesome. i read these books as a child, and the first two (the lion, the witch, and the wardrobe/ Prince Caspian) were pretty much as i imagined it. they were also very awesome. seeing the previews of Voyage of the Dawn Treader, they showed a certain scaly creature we all know and love. i read that part in the book, and i quite frankly forget some of it. (who remembers the well scene?)

so. how long until they make 'The Silver Chair'?

Default Re: Voyage of the Dawn Treader

*love the series too*

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    so. how long until they make 'The Silver Chair'?
    That will probably depend upon how well Dawn Treader does. After the "failure" of Caspian, Disney dropped the series which is why Fox has it now. There are rumors that Silver Chair will be made but I doubt that we will see any confirmation until after Dawn Treader does well.

I really did not like the Caspian movie all that much to tell the truth. I felt disappointed and let down after watching it. It did not live up to expectations after The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. I've got a lot of hope that Dawn Treader will be good, do well and get the rest of the series made. The previews certainly look promising to me.

The first movie was fun'ish, the second was bad...
    I liked the books, but some books are difficult to create into a movie.
    The best book of the whole series was "The horse and his boy", but I doubt any producer is ever going to attempt a movie production for this book. My 2nd favorite book in the series is "The Magician's Nephew" covering the creation of Narnia… But apart from the witch trying to beat Aslan over the head with a lantern pole not much action so I doubt this will make it to a movie.

Had they really been interested in making good movies of the series they would have done all, not just the action filled and easy to produce movies.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Digging this topic back up cause I came across something interesting. 2 more Narnia movies are potentially in the works. The next one is not going to be The Silver Chair like you would expect. They are planning to make The Magician's Nephew first, ETA 2014. The Silver Chair would be out 2015. Kind of odd that they chose to go back to the beginning right in the middle but it looks like there is a chance we will see those two though I have not seen any commitment for them from Fox.

can some one please tell me what the green mist is in this movie i do not know what it is, why it came, what it is supposed to represent?

Well, shucks. I'd have to re-read the book to do that.
    Last edited by Veruliyam; May 13th, 2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: The, teh, hte!!! My achilles heel!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

It'll be interesting to see how they treat the very end of the series, given how it comes about. I liked the Dawn Treader, although I wasn't sure about the green mist either... I can't remember from when I read the books a long while back.

Rakku

Never read the books, but I Loooove the movies, and Eustes (sorry if mispelled) sure made a beautiful dragon! even has Reagle`s ears
    can`t wait for the next one! ^^ Aslan rules

oh! and the green mist reminded me a little of blight O.o
    Last edited by Darkwing_Duck; June 1st, 2011 at 01:25 AM. Reason: forgot some details

Thread Information