Thread: [Closed] Newbie Quest Cleanup

Default [Closed] Newbie Quest Cleanup

I found another one of those pesky "talk to me again" quests yesterday (haven't had the chance to report it until now).

I was doing my new dragon hatchling, and I got to the part where Kerian wants you to make a Vented Malachite-tipped Dragon Claw (the one with the +5 Dragon Breath).

There's an annoying "Talk to me again!" step of this quest, that isn't really made all that apparent while you're talking to her.

I wound up going down to the wisps before I was supposed to.

Is there a way to remove the "You must talk to me again!" step of the quest, and have her spit out all of her dialogue and send you on your way without requiring a 2nd greet? That sounds much smoother IMO. There should never be a quest where you must greet the same NPC multiple times to get a quest done.

Default Re: Newbie Quest Cleanup

Which quest would that be? What is the name?
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Kerian's Quest: Learn how to technique a claw!

Is the name of the quest.

The steps are as follows:

1). Greet her, accept quest.
    2). Greet her again to learn about essence orbs <--the redundant step
    3). Locate the pond.
    4). Locate the waterfall.
    5). Make 4 essence orbs
    6). Return to Kerian
    7). Find the windmill
    8). Find the beach
    9). Get a carapace.
    10). Return to Kerian.
    11). Craft the technique'd claw.

I'm sorry, but after looking at this quest I disagree and don't see an issue with it. There are chat links you can click to continue. You don't have to re-greet Kerian, you simply click the links. This is not a bug.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Thread Information