Thread: Crimson Dawn - Istaria Game Database

Default Crimson Dawn - Istaria Game Database

Hi all

As some of you may already be aware several members of CD have spent the last few months building a workable reference database to accompany the game.

We have now reached the point where the main design work and testing is completed and we are ready to 'announce it' as such.

The database allows you to search the following
    • Resources and Crafted Items
    • Equipment
    • Spells
    • Formulas
    • Techniques and Technique Components
    • Buildings (Biped and Dragon)
    Every result is drillable (example - you can go from a finished product down into each subcomponent until you hit a raw resource)

All the different types of 'items' within the database are linked to each other.

For example
    • Craftable Items will show their components, formulas and available techniques
    • Resources will show what products they can be used in.
    • Techniques will show any conflicts and tech comps
    • Formulas will show available products
    • Tech Comps will show all techniques and crafted items they are used in
    • Spells and Equipment can be searched by school
    Link to database
    --removed link--

Now that it is up and running we are going to continue to develop it further and add more data. The next part we are looking at is importing the new map pack (Version 4) so we can add NPC's, resources, mobs etc.

Another possible future extension is to look at how we can use the database to update HCC (we haven't got any further than a rough outline of what would need to be done to achieve this).

Anyway I hope you find it useful and comments and suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 9th, 2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: removed link
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Crimson Dawn - Istaria Game Database

most excellent job, cd! you are to be commended and praised for your mighty efforts!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

CD has for as long as I can remember been my reference of choice to Istaria.

So keep up the good work.

Thanks! We try to keep improving things as we work on it
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Small Update

The database is up to date to the current live patch thats being applied today (matches Delta 193).

All the technique, tech comps and broken weapons are in there.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

I`m very impressed by all your good work.

My friends and me say: Thank you so much all!!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Change

As of now we have setup 2 different sites (databases) for players to access. This has be done since we were adding new items that were put in the game by the Blight delta's to the database, however these do not correspondent with the current Live shards (Chaos and Order). Therefore we've now setup a different version for each.

Live Shards: --removed link--
    Blight: --removed link--
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 9th, 2011 at 07:53 PM.

Alpha Release - Istaria Online Map

As we're working on a new mappack version, we are also creating another online mappack version!

Currently we are still working on this and feel like we can share the first bits of how the map works.

Below is a screenshot of how it currently is;
    --removed link--

Go to: --removed link-- to test it yourself!
    Visit our site for more information regarding Istaria Online Map; --removed link--
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; October 9th, 2011 at 07:54 PM.

Well, I think you can link the RP guide on your CD site, if you agree.

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    Well, I think you can link the RP guide on your CD site, if you agree.
    Will do, job for the weekend if you don't mind LungTien, I don't get much time during the week at the moment.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Talking Re: Crimson Dawn - Istaria Game Database

I love this DB and use it quite often! Thanks so much for all your hard work and effort for the benefit of the whole community. =)

The only thing that I would add to make it more helpful (at least for me) is an added description in techniques that tells where it can be applied.

For example, if I want to make radiant essence at 3:1, my priorities are a.) essence shaping, then b.) power (6%), then c.) focus (3%), then d.) dexterity (1%). So if I am making some essence cargo gear and jewelry, when I pull up Essence Shaping V, it would be nice to know where I can apply it. For me, it's most helpful to prioritize what techs are most important and then fill in secondary wants where there is room.

Would this be possible or even helpful for anyone else? And if so, is there anything I can do to help?

Thanks!

Idana

Try here for answer Idana

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...www.google.com

Knossos

Thank you! I'm printing that out! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Idana View Post
    I love this DB and use it quite often! Thanks so much for all your hard work and effort for the benefit of the whole community. =)

The only thing that I would add to make it more helpful (at least for me) is an added description in techniques that tells where it can be applied.

For example, if I want to make radiant essence at 3:1, my priorities are a.) essence shaping, then b.) power (6%), then c.) focus (3%), then d.) dexterity (1%). So if I am making some essence cargo gear and jewelry, when I pull up Essence Shaping V, it would be nice to know where I can apply it. For me, it's most helpful to prioritize what techs are most important and then fill in secondary wants where there is room.

Would this be possible or even helpful for anyone else? And if so, is there anything I can do to help?

Thanks!

Idana
    Hiya Idana

Thanks for the feedback

I will have a look and see if this can be added to the techniques. I will need to have a look at the relations between techniques and equipment slots, but should be easy enough to do.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thanks very much!

It has been called to my attention that Dragon Lair Storage (Silos) still shows in the database as bulk on T1 20K and additional 12 k per tier to 80k at T6 (as is applicable to biped silos). In 2006 the Lair storage bulk for T1 was changed to 25K and additional 15k per tier to 100k bulk at T6.

See: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=12043

Believe update to database is accordingly in order.

Knossos

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos View Post
    It has been called to my attention that Dragon Lair Storage (Silos) still shows in the database as bulk on T1 20K and additional 12 k per tier to 80k at T6 (as is applicable to biped silos). In 2006 the Lair storage bulk for T1 was changed to 25K and additional 15k per tier to 100k bulk at T6.

See: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=12043

Believe update to database is accordingly in order.

Knossos
    Wow nice spotting that Knossos - Fixed on database for lunus and helian
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thanks everyone who works on these very helpful data collections!

Cixi
    gnone extraordinaire
    Order
    FREE RACHIVAL NOW: Gnome Liberation Front

Thumbs up Re: Crimson Dawn - Istaria Game Database

Once again Crimson Dawn leads the way: all kudos to you! And if you can get the permissions and the time to invest to do it, updates to HCC would be awesome! (And I'll put my hand up to help, Dakoren: just say the word.)

Many thanks on behalf of myself and CotTG -

Nia : Blight Shard : Chronicles of the Twisted Guild

Just to give you a heads up on HCC, i've had a look at it a while ago and this is what I see as some of the issues.

1. The source files that HCC use (XML format) don't hold any primary key, foreign key information (like you would normally find in a database). If you try to import the HCC data you end up with all the data in separate tables but no relations between records so you can't match anything up.

2. If I was to do an export from the CD database into the format that HCC uses, I would have to write a lengthy custom script to do it. Then I have no idea how the information is stored in HCC, so something that might be a integer in the CD database might be string in HCC and vice versa.

3. The way techniques work in HCC is incredibly complicated. I remember looking at one technique and there were about 13 different constraints on it. The CD database works completely different to the way HCC does with techniques. Unravelling how techniques are setup in HCC would be a bit of a nightmare.

4. HCC is no longer developed - No idea how tech kits and newer items would work in it or if it could cope with them.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Thread Information