Thread: New Dragon Tints

Default New Dragon Tints

Dear Fellow Istarian Dragons
    I dont know about you all but i know i am excited for these new dragon updates what ever they may be. Im not sure what all will be offered but i have seen it come up a few times and that is... "what about us players with existing dragons? will we have to start over if we want new updates? or will we beable to change our existing characters?" i know that this is going to be a very challenging task for the devs but i do hope they give us all the options to change our exisiting dragon characters.

I have kindof an idea that has been playing around in my head and i thought i would shoot it out here soo here it goes.

During the ARoP dragons eventually gain the special Transportation shard. (this originally would transport them into the rift)

My idea is that either dragons talk to a special NPC who gives them a shard like this. then when they right click and use it they are transported to some sort of island where they talk to another npc that allows them to change or a creation screen (they are seen in their current age hatchie, adult, or ancient) and they are allowed to see their character and change their colors/headshape/ or what ever they would like and is possible

this could be changed 1 time for free.. and cost coin or crafting materials or monster kills for other changes kindof like the Doom quests.. the more times you want to be changed the more of (x) monster you have to kill. or the more of (x) thing of craft to make or the more (x) of coin .. the devs could pick which one. (personally i think a choice between monsters or crafts would be best)

then the character is changed and boom all good..

if the devs wanted to be dramatic.. (this is just a dream idea) there could be some sort of other item that contains your changes and you could "ascend again" in a big fire ball and emgerge with your new colors

well.. thats my idea any feed back is welcome
    Thanks for reading
    ~Agua

Default Re: New Dragon Tints

I haven't heard much about what the updates will entail, but I am rather fond of the idea that we could change our colours around, or even have new colours/patterns implemented as well as change those colours at least once. Looking back, I really don't like the colour or patterns of my dragon so much. If they put in new colours and patterns to choose from as well as the ability to alter appearance after creation, I'd be one happie hatchie! =3
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

well, we ARE getting new tints, I think I read somewhere that Amon got them from the team.

and IIRC, the way they are changing it will about the same as the loyalty system (have payed X amount of months->1 time to change)

I don't know HOW this will be done though, cant think of any way to do it lol, lore explenation is easy though: the dragon look is pure primal magic, since they are beings of another realm, so all they do is change the magic ......or they just do a belly-flop into a pool of paint... XD

Aye, though we don't know the details, Amon did state they are implementing the technology to allow us (wether just dragons or everyone no clue) to be able to change how we look in game AFTER creation.

Wether this will be something that will go in when other changes go in or wether htis is something that we may not seen for another year or two no clue, no hints, no idea .

And how it will exactly work - again - no details given here.

But it will be a possibility, one day . I hope its not dependent on the loyalty program since implementing THAT is already taken over a year (or two..is it two now since it was announced...can't remember..lol).

Personally I would rather it not be tied to any RoPs, and if its "arbitrary" (I.e. having to do with nothing but an NPC who allows it) that's fine. Not everyone goes through ALL the RoPs and someone may wish to change their dragon before ancienthood, or even a week into game - when they see that the charater creation lighting and in game lighting are different .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

right i dont know the details either but this was just my idea

and the whole using a rune like the Arop telepot shard was just an idea to get us to a place to change your colors .. like it could be a fun little mini quest not a whole ROP quest or even rop related..

and the whole big boom ascension looking thing i thought would just be good for rpers like on order *shrugs* and i think it would be dramatic and fun

I like the idea Agua suggests actually. In a game called Anarchy Online they actually sort of advertised it the same way (idea) once they got the technical part covered.

Being able to change it on ie; a special island, as Agua suggested. Is what makes kind of sense, as it be odd to see someone change their appearance while you stand beside them. Having it appear once they are back in town / recalled would make more sense.

The one time free offer would be a good one so everyone has a chance to do it or maybe attach a simple quest to it if you really must. More than once change should of course require more efforts.

Just my 2c
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

New Vassarak Resort and Spa!
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Pimp my dragon! ?

Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quebec (Canada) // Ota'fakag, Trandalar (Order)

I do like the idea very much! And I do like that I am not the only one wishing a character change option!

Dragons, especially after having ascended to adult, change physically. I honestly find my Levana a little thin. I would really appreciate if I was one day able to make her thicker and taller. So being able to change size, muscularity and portliness would be great as well!
    Heads do change too, and someone may not like how it turned out in the end. Or players changed their minds about what they wanted for a certain character...
    Colours as well. Ingame lighting is different than in the creation place... etc.

And if there are new tints, new heads, etc... us already having dragons would like to be able to use them if we want it on our character, without having to start over.

Like Agua said... something we could have to do in game to be transported to the character creation screen with our existing character. Or if the devs want to be more simple... well an option to change the character before launching the game. It could be free the first time, then with a fee. (I personally don't mind if there is fee even for the first time)

I'm hoping and happy (reading what Frith-Rae said) a change character option like this will be in game one day!
    Order shard
    Levanan: Ancient Helian drake - 100/100/28 ~ Navkiren: Ancient Lunus drake ~ Nordis: Adult Helian dragoness ~ Sarwulf: Hatchling ~ Aithne: Hatchling
    DeviantArt: Iceveyns

Thread Information