Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mild Threat

Default Mild Threat

--To all you people explioting the sh|t out of the blksmith npc, you're lucky there isnt any pvp or i'd cut you down... Stop abusing it already! go out and earn some ******** coin like the majority of us...
    Frons Von Frik - Order

Default Re: Mild Threat

Makes ya wonder, doesn't it?

Thank you Frons.

Somebody had to be frank about it.

I must say, congratulations for those people who are using this exploit. Congratulations for ruining the game for other players.

grrrr..

(( I got your back when PvP comes out Frons =] ))
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

Pardon me, but I am sure you have reported this to a dev right?

I would naturally assume this is the case. However I don't like to assume, it tends to have bad consequences for me...

Rocinante
    Fury of Feladan

[10:48] <AmonGwareth|InGame> blacksmith trainers have been fixed. I'm respawning them now
    [10:48] <ncv`Leviathan> Amon, what was that about?
    [10:48] <AmonGwareth|InGame> big-time exploit
    [10:48] <ncv`Leviathan> And, the main question... can you catch who exploited it?
    [10:48] <AmonGwareth|InGame> yes
    [10:48] <ncv`Leviathan> Are you going to?
    [10:48] <AmonGwareth|InGame> yes
    [10:48] <ncv`Leviathan> Thank you.

Excellent! me too.. that crap can really mess up the economy.. and people wonder why techs are selling for insane amounts of coin..
    Frons Von Frik - Order

I thought they fixed that exploit months ago
    Neon Burnblade
    Bitter ex-top-jeweler of Expanse (for a few weeks in 2004 anyway)
    --------------------------------------------------
    If anyone is interested in EQ2, look me up as Iridi on the Unrest server. Gronar and Hellga are on as well!

Chiyuu

Quote Originally Posted by Neon
    I thought they fixed that exploit months ago
    They did, it came back.

Ravenatha

Since it has been fixed, can someone tell me what the exploit was? Iam just curious.

It is very frustrating to have to compete against exploiters with bottomless pockets for forms and techs. I'm with Frons and gusi on the retribution team, lets take some names and whoop some sploiters.

Siareph

The NPC that spawned with the small blacksmith shop bought items for like 10x the rate pawnies would. Or something along those lines.

Even if this really was fixed, I'm surethe bug will be back. /shrug

They were actually buying them for 2.5 times their natural PB value. So, a Mithril ORE would return you with 40c or something (8c short of a mithril bar).
    Truth is absolution - Killswitch Engage
    Gusi: 100 lvls of ELAR deleted and crafting forte.
    Aquzon: 0/100 Draconic Crafter achieved in under 100 hours gameplay.
    Yuthakon: 31 Berserker and aspiring Constructor.
    Proud member of Strata on Order Realm

It will be interesting to see what comes of this. I heard about this yesterday, tested it on 1 yew tannin, and reported it. Not long after that was got a dev response.

The scary thing is I believe this has been around a while from what people have said. People must have been able to make a packet if they fully exploited it.

I guess it explains why I could never win a form at auction :p

I don't know if wiping out someone's cash is enough, concidering that most of the proceeds could have been invested in techs and such by now. On the other hand, we don't want to go banning people if this has been too wide spread.

I hope the devs can find a suitable response.
    Crafter 190 Adventurer 149 Dryad - Order

Nah wiping the coin clear is not sufficient enough.. as soon as they find another exploit its back to the same thing.. they do need to be banned depending on the severity of their actions..

if someone is mass grinding , bringin in 20 gold a day thats not even right... even bringing in 1 gold a dayoff anexpliotis bad... People have been playing for almost a year now.. and do not even have a gold coin ..

Exploiters play thesegames to find exploits... they think they are not harming anyone but everyone is affected... its bad.
    Frons Von Frik - Order

The only thing is that they will not punish the majority of even the most egregious offenders.

It's the same thing with Mithril Dex Chest scale hoard value. There are Dragons who exploited the hell out of that, making millions of hoard (myself included, though I only made enough for about 600k hoard).

It is the same kind of mismanagement and problematic organization in the development team that allows this stuff to run unchecked for so long, that it becomes part of the game culture to "exploit early, exploit often". You see it in most of the other games as well.

What really sucks is that once it is "fixed", an avenue to parity is closed to all those who come after. While I detest exploiting to the nth degree, I find that I detest just as much knowing that tons of people used it to "get ahead" of me and everyone who didn't, and I have no avenue to parity, as people won't be punished, and parity restored by any actions of the developers.

Simply put, the damage has been done, and the rest of the honest folks get the screw.

As a result of this, I am fully behind full PUBLIC disclosure of any/all exploits the moment they are found. That way, it puts everyone on an even playing field, and parity is maintained. It also is a HUGE incentive for the developers to fix the exploit quickly and effectively, since hiding it does nothing but benefit the exploiters, increasing the disparity.

Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

I just wish AE finally realizes that exploits only favor the high level character. They have the resources to really benefit (capacity and speed). In the end it really hurts the low level characters and thus attracting new players.

In terns of shear bulk and speed, a high level character can get much farther ahead exploiting the Blacksmith trainer of the player build Dwarven Blacksmith Shop compared to a low level character.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    It's the same thing with Mithril Dex Chest scale hoard value. There are Dragons who exploited the hell out of that, making millions of hoard . . .
    I remember one dragon player specifically saying that with mithril scales . . . for the white of me, I can find his post. What is really sad is that hoard is based on number of optimal resources, so how the hell can AE mess up one scale? And mithril at that?

Even if such exploits were publicly spread and known by all on the forums and IG, not to many dragon players would be flying around with cargo discs or making Mithril Dex. Chest scales.

Sadly, some dragons will have exploited some (or alot of) their way to Ancient hood (the part based on hoard). And on Order, where is the RP value in that? And will the player base reward them by aiding them in their quests toward Ancient hood.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

ever wonder how some people with no guild backing, managed to bid gold after gold on formulas/techs?

i know who they are, so do you.

Siareph

Blacksmith one was fixed. There's another version/way to do the same thing. WTG AE.

BTW, nothing was done to these folks other than a nasty email.

Enjoy,
    S

Quote Originally Posted by Siareph
    Blacksmith one was fixed. There's another version/way to do the same thing. WTG AE.

BTW, nothing was done to these folks other than a nasty email.

Enjoy,
    S
    That's really depressing, I was hoping AE would give them 1 DP for every 1s they exploited. Along with confiscating anything they gained will that money.

Rocinante

Siareph

When folks did the big exploit, the spellone, they took all the cash away that the person had on them. But, if the cash was spent or transfered off nothing was done.

This really isn't surprising. AE doesn't have the manpower to dedicate to tracking things down and are going to lose customers either way. /shrug

what other way is that, Siareph?

i can't believe this shiete...

Thread Information