Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bit of an idea

Default Re: Bit of an idea

Wherever did you read "Body to Body" in my post?
    Wherever did you read "Body to Body" in my post as well?
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    Wherever did you read "Body to Body" in my post as well?
    Marriage implies that you are partners in "every" way.

Please keep hostilities and comments made without thinking about others out of this thread. I don't want hurt feelings because I proposed an idea.

Also, keep in mind that as bond as multiple meanings, as does marriage, and therefore married. Though, I don't think Vahrokh meant them in the other ways, but in the "modern" meaning of the term "married".
    Last edited by Eelime; December 21st, 2010 at 04:14 PM. Reason: Deleted a random "cause" that somehow made its way into my post :)

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    more Weyer-folks here than you might assume, Reverse
    Well that's a bit of awesome. XD I'm from Great Cliffs Weyr and White Sands Weyr. X'cer of Bronze Lossoth was my Weyrleader in GCW. :3
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse View Post
    Well that's a bit of awesome. XD I'm from Great Cliffs Weyr and White Sands Weyr. X'cer of Bronze Lossoth was my Weyrleader in GCW. :3
    I have no idea what you all are talking about, but it sounds interesting. Care to elaborate?

Can such a bonding happen here? Yes. It has and it will – IF those involved choose for it to be so
    Of course it happens here!

But yo uhave to admit, bonds such as yours, that have lasted through years of the game - are rare and few between.

I mean I had bonds with players that lasted at least a couple of years or so, but they have all moved on now. Some of my gameplay was tied to them, and then I had to RP that out. As a result, I shall no longer create such a bond RP wise so I don't have to worry about it.

My words were ones of support for the idea, with the understanding that like in real life - traveling together through any world, being too dependent on others for growth, can create very large issues down the road.

Not that it doesn't happen - just that it IS rare - and so trying to hold together an entire guild of such bonded (not marriage..) pairs where they are expected to level and wait for each other - could lead to lots of hurt feelings, abandoned characters, and bad mojo...

But doesn't mean you shouldn't try - I just believe in knowing all sides about an idea before jumping off the cliff.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

* Feels like he is one of the few people who have never read those *
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Reverse View Post
    Lol it's comforting to see that I'm not the only one who's got Pern on the brain. Everytime I type in 'lair' in my head I have to pause so I don't automatically type in Weyr. haha.
    Very much so. To the point I used a skin with the smallest, least noticeable scales so RuNath would look more Pernese. My next hatchie will be Ruth. Have the cover of All the Weyrs of Pern tattooed on my back (bout half coverage). In my little world, a proper looking dragon is a Pernese one, not ones that look like a european or asian one. :]

Sleel (Human)
    aka
    RuNath ponSleel (Helian Dragon, Helian like Indiana Jones would be)

We had a wonderful RUTH on Unity. I miss him much.

Does someone else remember him?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    We had a wonderful RUTH on Unity. I miss him much.

Does someone else remember him?

Can't forget Ruth.

Ruth was nice and lovely and every possible good thing that one person could be.

Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information