Quote Originally Posted by Eelime View Post
First, does it support furred dragons? Magma dragons? Water/Ice/any other elemental dragons?

Also, does it support soul-sucking elves?
Dragon-slaying gnomes?
Blighted dragons who are also gifted (because any player-characters are gifted by default, right?)
The lore does not explicitly support any other type of dragon than what you can make in the character creator. Istarian dragons are aligned with fire, but can utilize other elements, usually as breath attacks. Dragons from other realms that are non-Istarian and are aligned with other elements are out of lore in the Istarian sense, but the fact that there exists a portal to other realms in the world, it is arguable that they could travel to Istaria.

Soul-sucking, elves or not, is supported through the Spiritist classes that bipeds can take. Many of the spells for those classes are drain-based.

Dragon-slaying gnomes would work so long as they don't mind being branded murders by the Empire and probably being hunted by dragons for the rest of their - likely few - days.

A dev recently said that the blight and the Gift do not really coexist, so technically blighted characters that are truly Gifted break lore.

Player characters are Gifted in game mechanics because they have to be, but it's really up to the player whether or not their character is Gifted.

And to clarify some stuff that seems to be true:

Dragons read books?

The Lore supports the existance of Earth? What time frame did the ancients that did so visit Earth?

Dragons are fire spirits in physical form?
I should hope dragons read books, what with all those libraries full of the things. :P

The lore does not directly support the existence of the planet we players live on, if that is what you're asking. There is a Realm of Earth, I believe, but that's something totally different.

Dragons are said to be fire spirits that took physical form in the Prime, but I cannot recall if that is legend or if it is actually fact.

And some general questions to do with dragons:

How old can/do dragons live to be?

Does a dragon "pair" only have one hatchling at a time? Or are there more than one egg?

How long does it take a dragon egg to hatch?

How are dragon "relationships" handled in the lore? Life mates? Bond mates? Only "mates"( in that they aren't 'together' except to have a child)

Are there "Feral" dragons?

Do humans, or other races, take or steal dragons as hatchlings or eggs and make them pets or slaves?
None of these are covered in the lore as far as I know. As for ferals, anything can become feral if it's born in the wild and has no community to raise it.. a dragon can't magically learn language and that it's bad to kill people and that not everyone is out to get it after all.

As to pets, I would wager that any biped that is known to be keeping a dragon as a pet or a slave would soon find themselves beset by a number of angry dragons.

And some questions about the Gift and dragons:

A person doesn't know if they're gifted until the first time they die?

So all the dragons that are gifted were killed as hatchlings? Or were they adults and just "reverted" back to hatchling?

Do the gifted have memories of their lives before being gifted? Or are they erased when they first die?
I can't recall if it's fact that you can't know you're Gifted until you die, but it's pretty heavily implied by the starting experience, at least for me.

The hatchlings/adult question is not really answered. I imagine if an adult Gifted dragon died, they would return as an adult. It's just game mechanics that only hatchlings show up on Skalkaar, imo.

I don't believe the memory question is really answered, but I can't remember for sure.