Thread: question about expired Sub

Question question about expired Sub

I have an expired Subscription. I let it expire due to money issues. Now I would like to come back to the game. But i go to the Character Management page. And it says that I have an expired Subscription and cant access my Chars.. So I guess my question is, were my chars deleted when I let the sub expire/ unloaded the game? I am kinda freaking out here. I have a level 60 Adult dragon Named Hotlava. And, I really HOPE She hasn't been deleted. If anyone can help me that would be much appreciated. Thanks

Click me!

Default Re: question about expired Sub

Hello, please submit a support ticket regarding this issue so that we may look into it more specifically (and privately). Thanks! Merry Christmas.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Its a support issue? errm GREAT...alright will do

Click me!

Just to ease your mind--your characters will never be deleted if you let your subscription lapse.

Unless, of course, you choose to delete a character.
    Nisse 100 Helian/Nissei 100 Lunus/SShiak biped (All on Chaos)

Try going to accounts.istaria.com and adding a subscription. Then your characters should be available. If they are not, they were moved into deep storage, but can be recovered by the support ticket Amon mentioned. Moving inactive toons into deep-storage takes them out of the current database and places them in an offline backup. This makes the existing database smaller and easier to manage/patch and perform better for those who still play.

I've got a question to add onto this matter, what happens to your Lair if you let your subscription lapse? Furthermore if you lose your lair do you lose the money you spent on it and everything inside?
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

If your subscription lapses and you have a plot or lair, certain things will happen:

1. You will receive e-mails from Virtrium stating that your subscription has expired and that you have 30 days to resubscribe or contact them for a set period of time to log in and hand off your plot or lair to someone else.

2. After the 30 days is up, your plot or lair is repossessed. All structures are converted to novians and placed in your vault. All items within the lair storage I think are put in your vault as well, but not as sure on that one. Anything anyone consigned there will be dropped back into their own vaults. I'm also not sure about the coin amount of the plot purchase price.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

You won't lose any items you have stored there and you will gain novians back (80% I believe) of what you built on the plot. But you won't gain the coin back for what you spent on the plot when you purchased it.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Um, since accounts site is down, how does one make a new sub at the moment?
    My CC expired recently and I have a new one now. I think I updated the details, but would like to check that all my subs have continued properly.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Use accounts.istaria.com for account management.

The accounts website is not down. Ive just checked it again to be sure.

If you are having problems getting to accounts.istaria.com, but can get to the other sites (support.istaria.com for example), please submit a support ticket.

The only website which is offline presently is play.istaria.com... and that is not the same as the account site where you would go to update your account information.

My apologies, just a bit special this morning
    Thanks for the very quick response.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Thread Information