Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd Annual Festival of Ash

Default Re: 2nd Annual Festival of Ash

It was nice to have been able to attend, thanks to all of you who made it, there was more dragons there than I expected *notes a lair suddenly does not quite seem so big with so many adults/ancients gathering around*

It was a nice experience, being the first event I was able to attend since joining Istaria, hopefully I'll have food/fireworks/hoard for the next one, and have something to contribute that classifies as an interesting story

Thanks to Ausixen for guiding us hatchlings to volcano and getting us back intact to the festival. The fire golem was an interesting twist, though he didin't last too long with all those claws waiting to dismember him and start picking through the remains for some fragments

As for the race, I do think hatchlings would run faster if Xeffer offers to eat the last one off the start line instead *grins*

And thanks to Razylm for the rather nice poem, it was well told and was a wonderful addition to the festival

Thank you everyone for a good time, glad I was able to make it to most of it. Is this the only event held every year? I would certainly like to see more. ~

Here's a few (late) screenshots, I hope they are decent - most of them have been brightened slightly for easier viewing. Click on them for full size.

The cauldron

Dropping the shards in the lava

Flight race between Helian & Lunus

Hatchling race

Reunion in Dralk common cave

Enjoy. :)

~ Rath

And I missed that.

Because they are player run and this player is lazy, yes ;p

Actually, the Festival of Ash was created a few years ago when the devs hosted a writing contest. I decided there should be a dragon holiday, so I came up with all of this.

There used to be more scheduled storytellings, but many of the players who set them up do not get out to Istaria much anymore. Still, there are sometimes random or planned events that do occur; when Maur was still 'good,' he would teach in Nyoko's Dragon Academy every Saturday about dragon society. There are also ascensions, bondings, and so on that do occur at random throughotu the year, though perhaps not on the grand scale as the Festival of Ash.

I'm certain more events will come up once in awhile. Maybe I could set up a Festival of Flame for the summer. Again, it depends on my laziness ;p

In general though, I prefer to just RP at random. I'll have to make an effort to be around more /to/ RP at random ;p

PS: thanks for the pictures, Rath~
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

I prefer to keep the school time for vacations, myself. That is why I'm not doing it at the moment. Anyway, I am up for RP with you, when you can, Kaerisk.

I do believe there are plans being made of a pentuple ascension... perhaps that is an idea for a little planned event?

You are most welcome Kaerisk~

Thread Information