Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: we dragons have dew claws!

Default we dragons have dew claws!

Dew Claw!

it is true, thanks to the white teeth and claw mod, i discovered a dew claw that i never knew was there. very interesting, yes?

Default Re: we dragons have dew claws!

We have dew claws? Really? ...I never noticed.

Also, moderately related...
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

That's... weird.

My guess is it's just some sort of graphical "glitch" from that mod, especially since it only seems to be showing up on the one foot and not the other. I don't use that mod and I've never (and still don't) see any "dew claws."

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I just took a quick look at the raw model for the ancient dragon and there is not a dew claw on the model. I didn't reapply the textures to the model to take a look but I'm guessing that there is a "face" that was mistakenly selected way back when the model was created and mapped to the wrong place on the texture. Without that mod, it probably did not have enough of a difference in appearance to be noticeable. I can't really see much in the image you linked but it appears that the "claw" is a triangular patch on the skin of the model. If that is the case then I would definitely say that it is an incorrectly textured face. I will take a closer look once I'm able to begin working on the models again. I've gotten so little done the past few months that I feel like I've been neglecting things. Meh.

Shian's got one too. It's just a tiny patch on the skin on the side of each foot.

i wonder what it really is?

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    propably just bad texturing, I have a black dragon that has a white spot near his teeth, and I know a white dragon with the same head that has a black spot near her teeth (yin/yang much?), meepsa has a purple line at her jaw, Aureus has a gold line (which is hard to spot with those yellow scales) near his teeth, not sure about my other dragons, but I know all of them have odd texture "problems", but I have NEVER seen a dew claw lol, will give me something to log all my dragons in for again lol

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    The "dewclaw" is pretty much what I thought it was. Just a couple of faces on the model that have a weird placement on the texture. If you look at the attached image, you can see the pair of faces on the model (the shaded triangles) and where they are at on the texture map. It is the same on both legs. They are showing up with the mod because I made the claw part of the texture larger to get better coverage on the model. So that ended up causing it to show up on those two faces.

It is a minor issue with the model that I will have to fix in the near future when things are going to happen that will make the mod unnecessary. I'm glad you saw and reported it. I've been slowly working to fix some long standing issues with dragons so that is one more that I can catch while I'm at it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Why get rid of it? I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    Why get rid of it? I like it
    Because there will be something better...

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaire View Post
    Because there will be something better...
    You delightful tease.

Thank you for explaining it, I think it's very interesting to take a peek under the hood like that. And now we know!

You're welcome. Maybe someday I can do a time lapse recording of building a model so you can see how it works. Probably a simple structure model because the character models would be too complex for that.

As for the tease, it has to remain secret for the most part for now. Have not finalized what all is being done yet but separate claw and teeth color options will be a part of it. I don't want to reveal all the things I'm messing with but have one or two not work out and end up with a bunch of dragons irritated with me. That is not "healthy".

I'm quite excited about what it can do for the appearance of dragons but with me accepting a new job twice and moving twice in 2010 it has seriously screwed with my ability to complete the model work I need to do. I wanted to have it all done last fall. At this rate, I'm hoping that we can have something more concrete for you by spring.

You're welcome. Maybe someday I can do a time lapse recording of building a model so you can see how it works. Probably a simple structure model because the character models would be too complex for that.

As for the tease, it has to remain secret for the most part for now. Have not finalized what all is being done yet but separate claw and teeth color options will be a part of it. I don't want to reveal all the things I'm messing with but have one or two not work out and end up with a bunch of dragons irritated with me. That is not "healthy".

I'm quite excited about what it can do for the appearance of dragons but with me accepting a new job twice and moving twice in 2010 it has seriously screwed with my ability to complete the model work I need to do. I wanted to have it all done last fall. At this rate, I'm hoping that we can have something more concrete for you by spring.
    Thank you sol! im looking forward to what you have in store!

The "dewclaw" is pretty much what I thought it was. Just a couple of faces on the model that have a weird placement on the texture. If you look at the attached image, you can see the pair of faces on the model (the shaded triangles) and where they are at on the texture map. It is the same on both legs. They are showing up with the mod because I made the claw part of the texture larger to get better coverage on the model. So that ended up causing it to show up on those two faces.

It is a minor issue with the model that I will have to fix in the near future when things are going to happen that will make the mod unnecessary. I'm glad you saw and reported it. I've been slowly working to fix some long standing issues with dragons so that is one more that I can catch while I'm at it.
    I love these posts Learn something new every day.

if you want to see how 3d stuff is done check the video out... i did not do this. I never recorded any making of for anything i have done myself ....dont think i would have the HD space for something like that some projects can last a few days. plus also im more of a particles/lighting effect person in 3ds max

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LeRjTvwIi4

Sol always seems to be the one that most looks out for us players and listens to our thoughts and ideas. You're so awesome, Sol. =3
    Chaos: Gael Tycarren--Dragon
    "I just... want to remember."

oooh *does a little dance* anything is always good..and this has me really excited now!

(And Frith did bust out of her shell using the dew-tooth thingy that many reptiles/critters have heh, so makes sense to have a dew-claw too)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Your Dragons lay oddly... My feet do not lay to the sides like that the toes are still on the ground in sort of a standing but spread out position. (By feet I mean the rear not the front which are their hands)
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
    Your Dragons lay oddly... My feet do not lay to the sides like that the toes are still on the ground in sort of a standing but spread out position. (By feet I mean the rear not the front which are their hands)
    That's because they're using one of the two sit animation mods. The other is a canine sit. If you're curious, both can be found somewhere in this thread: http://community.istaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21866

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

*note to self: buy a new bottle of truth serum for when Sol is on blight again*

Thread Information