Thread: Istarian Movie.

Default Istarian Movie.

After a lot of thinking (by which I mean 1 hour), I've come up with an idea for a movie of Istaria.

The movie will be about a fellowship from the human city of Dalimond. The Withered Aegis in the area are closing in on the city, with an army of 1 million undeads.

Knowing they can't win this alone, the humans decide to send word to the other races, the dragons of Chiconis and Dralk being the last. There for they send a fellowship of 4 bipeds and one hatchling to the race's main cities.
    They will find their journey to be very dangerous, having to cross marches, blighted area's, mountains etc.

Meanwhile the humans are making preparations to protect the city.

As you can see, this movie is more about bipeds than dragons, although they sure have an important part.

Of course I'll need people to play the roles. I will be the cameraman, and might have a small role in the great battles at the end, so I'll need many others. This is your chance. Keep in mind that I live in Europe, and filming will be from 7 or 8 till 9 or 10 Paris time in the evening, maybe longer in the weekends. That's from 12 'o' clock in the afternoon for U.S. players (if I'm not mistaking.)

Roles:
    Fellowship (these will be needed the most)
    1 dwarf
    1 elf
    1 human
    1 hatchling
    1 Sslik/ Saris (depending on which one comes first.)

Dalimond Council
    1 human king
    2 human generals
    1 Tazoon ambassador
    1 guard

Dragon Council
    1 adult Dralk town marshal
    1 adult Chiconis town marshal
    1 adult general of the dragon army
    2 honerable Ancients.

Extra roles (for the great battles)
    Bipedal soldiers (can be any biped race and school)
    Dragon soldiers (adults or ancients)
    Town marshals of main cities (Dwarvish, Elvish, Sslik, Saris, Gnomish, half giant-ish, fiends (maybe).)

Roles from a different catagory (accept maybe dalimond council and the fellowship, and dragon council and dalimond council) will not be filmed at the same place and time. So you can have multiple roles.

I might want to use voices, so if you want to to do that, it will really be appreciated.

Filming will take place on the Order shard (since my char is there). If you play Blight or Chaos, and wanna help too, you could do a voice or anything. All help will be appreciated. Still looking for a name and spots to film

I will already excuse for the fact that if we happen to lag NPC's, I might use World of Warcraft characters (yet this will not be often.)

I hope some of you are interested in joining this project.
    Student in Machinima.
    Ryuko Dawnbreaker: lvl 34 adult.
    Comosal Dawnbreaker: lvl 14 hatchling

Default Re: Istarian Movie.

This is a big project
    Who is your character on Order?

I would be definately willing to throw my elf in there. I could not do any VOICE acting for him, since ...well...I am a girl and his voice is pretty weird.

His name is Niveus and is a talented spiritist, spirit disciple, mage, sorcerer and monk.

If you just need his avatar to be around to play a role, that is fine too XD
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

Ryuko Dawnbreaker

And Sereamha, do you mean the fellowship member or the town marshal of Feladin. You can get one of them if you want, since they will have to talk one day.

Oh and I forgot to mention that one of the honorable ancients is female.
    Student in Machinima.

Depending on if my computer problems get fixed, I can play a few roles:
    1 adult Dralk town marshal
    Keserith would be good for this role. He's a pretty 'unknown face'

1 adult Chiconis town marshal
    Hitori or Tenkako could fill this spot if you want.

2 honerable Ancients.
    Ricar or Shian could use face time.

I can also do a few of the soldiers- three at a time if they need to move and 6 if they don't. (This is assuming level doesn't matter?) My highest biped is a 23-ish Saris.
    If my computer problems don't get fixed, well then I can only play one role at a time on the laptop.

I'd love to do voice acting, but what use have you for a scratchy female? :P

Well since dragons don't actually have a gender, I say the Chiconis Town Marshal and 1 of the honorable ancients could be female.

Talking about voices, grown up man voices are also usefull, since I am only 14. I will do the hatchy and the Sslik/Saris (if it's a male) voice myself.

Fellowship:
    Saris: Temporary
    Last edited by stephan27; January 11th, 2011 at 07:08 PM.
    Student in Machinima.

Wow this sounds very interesting. It'll be neat to see it if it gets finished! I miiiight be interested to play an Adult dragon for ya. I'm a Lunus magma dragon so it'd fit nicely for Dralk, i guess haha.

But before we commit to anything, what types of things will you be expecting from everyone? Just motions and acting or any RP text as well? I see you had a need for voices so I'm assuming just the motions and acting but yeah, it sounds neat!

-Githinji Koray btw. Order shard.
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

Well just motions and acting, the RP will be done by the voice actors. I will be there at every scene to tell what exactly the actors need to do.
    Once I find a few voice-actors, I will tell them what they have to say and have them add funny quotes to it, atleast if they want to.

I'm also still looking for a speak emote, something to indicate which character is talking.

If you wish to join, I created a Movie channel. It's an OOC channel. From there I will tell all the actiors and voice-actors what to do, say, where to be, and when. So it's important that if you wish to do anything for the movie and you play Order, that you join this channel.

The filming will start in 1 or 2 weeks, or more if I don't have all actors and voice-actors needed for the first episode.

The roles in the first episode are the Dalimond council and the Fellowship roles.
    Student in Machinima.

WOW thats a big Project you do realize that there needs to be dev participation in this project of yours something they dont like doing to much

Also this movie sounds like a game vir of The lord of the Rings
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Nah. We players can get pretty creative sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by stephan27 View Post
    Ryuko Dawnbreaker

And Sereamha, do you mean the fellowship member or the town marshal of Feladin. You can get one of them if you want, since they will have to talk one day.

Oh and I forgot to mention that one of the honorable ancients is female.
    Fellowship!
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

my ancient dragon, Romirez, can fill the role of one of the Honorable parts. either that, or one of the army commanders as an "extra" if it's already filled.

also: i'm 25 with voice chat capability, skype possible, TS3, Ventrilo, with a good Microsoft headset.

There's is no need for dev's help at all. fighting will happen at locations where monsters are.
    Student in Machinima.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    WOW thats a big Project you do realize that there needs to be dev participation in this project of yours something they dont like doing to much

Also this movie sounds like a game vir of The lord of the Rings
    haha, my mind also went: this looks like lord of the rings...

and for dev help, I dont think it is needed much, if at all, my friend and I have started making istarian movies and so far we have had no problemo with doing the shots (Shadow Dragon's Curse part 1) in fact, there are atleast 2 or 3 more movies coming from us

you should've told me there was going to be a movie shot on order BEFORE I sacrificed my last char slot to chaos lol!!!! anyhow, I propably wouldn't be any good for voice-acting, I have a VERY high pitched voice (well, when I speak dutch, not sure how I sound when I speak english)

Quote Originally Posted by meepsa View Post
    haha, my mind also went: this looks like lord of the rings...
    It's okay to take inspiration from other works though. Look at 'Eragon' - it's 'Star Wars' with Dragons.

Well the fellowship is the only thing directly taken from the Lord of the Rings, though there are only 5 instead of 9.

But we are getting a bit off-topic.
    Student in Machinima.

Thread Information