Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bring Back Blast

Default Re: Bring Back Blast

To Guaran and Solan. My scales are indeed power based for the simple reason that before this I normally hunted only in groups. I'm a crafter by preference. I will try making a set of armour scales for soloing and see how that goes. Thank you for your advice.
    Nayuaka and Nayukhuut. Freelance Helian lorekeepers of Chaos.

Well put, I'm looking forward to getting this looked at. Primalist Dragons could use a spell casting boost.

Well put, I'm looking forward to getting this looked at. Primalist Dragons could use a spell casting boost.

I'll throw in my new stats from my complete set if you need to see them. I have most of the casting stats maximized as high as possible for the most part. The difference between DPS is still ridiculously under balanced. Heals are still ridiculously under balanced. The Epic spells are a flat out joke, and only accomplish about 1/3 the damage of a single Gold Rage attack, in 10 minutes vs 15 seconds. My suggestions include, adding debuffs to the epic spells, increasing the damage, and making it a DoT, slowing the target, or something significant.

Addressing the issue of Focus vs Power, I have tried both builds, and either does me no service to make my spells cast a balanced DPS, or anything reasonable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wouldn't mind a game mechanic difference for dragon Melee vs Casting, though there are players who want to keep the factions a matter of preference vs. the deciding factor between Melee or Casting. I would like something of a context change, where if you're setting up to be a caster, the game accommodates dynamically vs, a stark change, one or the other.

If you played your character from 1 to 100 to make him/her a Caster, you should get to be a caster, because you earned those levels as a caster, or whichever build you chose. The idea, that my first 100 levels only counted for melee as if I was just forced through it to do anything else is silly. The only reason Bipeds have to level other skills is simply if they choose to practice other talents than what they originally chose, for the most part.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Renamed Gold Burst, on shared timer with Gold Rage is a great idea, and would definitely help the balance issue with DPS output for either game play style choice.

Default I have to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    The fact that dragons are supposed to be powerful does not depend on the availability of Gold Burst sorry. This has been discussed over and over again as well as that dragon casters are currently wimps…

The Dragon Adventure School was made primarily as a Melee class which also had some magic. That some people who are trying to survive this game as pure caster is really a nice challenge, but considering the evidence that dragons have so many melee abilities and so little spells it goes to show that dragons are not created as casters, more like a hybrid like Paladin… Melee with some healing.

Dragons can only hope that in the distant future Dragons are made neutral in concern to the whole melee or casting preference during the faction choosing op RoP (considering Lunus are forced into Melee and Helians are forced into magic) and a totally separate Dragon Caster School is created. Which would mean a extremely limited multi-class with 2 Adv schools and 2 Craft schools. Opening the potential for a new Emblem… Dragon Elder or something like that when having all 4 schools at lvl 100
    I have to disagree. Firstly, it is not a major change to add one more skill that is for all intents and purposes just a copy of GR but based in Prime not T&C so it stands a chance of hitting. It does not even need to be ranged.

Secondly, I hope you are not trying to assert that Dragons are not MADE by having GR because I think is is blatantly obvious that when it comes to combat GR is their major and nearly only real Claim to Fame Vs. Bipeds.

Thirdly, the Helian Rite gives you more Primalist Bonus while the Lunus focuses on T&C. Helians tend to focus in the ways of Magic according to them whereas the Lunus focus in the ways of T&C. You fight the undead Dragons which come typically in two forms the Lunus Conquerors AKA T&C Dragons and the Helian style Primalists who only use Magic. So there IS a rather defined in-game splitting of the Dragon Adv Class into two separate classes.

Fourthly, If you really look at the Drag Adv Class it is a Healing Class, a Magic Class, and a Melee Class Pre Multiclassed together. However, each side should be viable on its own to an extent like it is with the Bipeds and they are for the most part except for the Magic Class which is a bit on the weak side though it was recently helped thanks to the Drain Bolt upgrade.

Fifthly, Is there is any good reason why the Primalist should NOT get some Spike Damage? Right now the T&C Dragon gets two very potent Spike Damage attacks in the form of Gold Rage and Ravage not to mention Drain Strike and Silver Strike. The Primalist has no Spike damage whatsoever until they get Prime Cast and even then their Spike Damage is a joke compared to Biped Mages who got Multicast ages ago.

Lastly, Dragons essentially were the INSPIRATION for Biped Mages and Magic and wielding the most POWERFUL form of Magic, Prime the magic of reality itself, it is a bit on the questionable side when their mages are shown up by the Peds so horribly. The Peds should get their strength in diversity of effects as they use a prism and break down Prime into many component parts able to do specialized things and actually the magic system DOES seem to do that very well. However, the Primalist should still bring the most raw power considering the full force type of magic they are commanding. I see Biped Magic as a Scalpel and Primal Magic as a Sledgehammer based on how they are described.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Default Re: I have to disagree

Just to add my dragony vote...

I never understood why Helians couldn't have "their" gold burst. Or said another way, why caster-oriented dragons can't have the "gold burst". Just link the timers with gold rage and the way the dragon is specced will determine which is used.

So many other abilities we use are linked (some that make no sense either), what would it hurt to add a primal-point-influenced "Gold rage" so that caster dragons can at least feel like they have something nice.

That's the big question to me - why I never understood why it never went live.

"What would it hurt?" (if they were on the same timer...)
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Default Re: I have to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
    I have to disagree. Firstly, it is not a major change to add one more skill that is for all intents and purposes just a copy of GR but based in Prime not T&C so it stands a chance of hitting. It does not even need to be ranged.

Secondly, I hope you are not trying to assert that Dragons are not MADE by having GR because I think is is blatantly obvious that when it comes to combat GR is their major and nearly only real Claim to Fame Vs. Bipeds.

Thirdly, the Helian Rite gives you more Primalist Bonus while the Lunus focuses on T&C. Helians tend to focus in the ways of Magic according to them whereas the Lunus focus in the ways of T&C. You fight the undead Dragons which come typically in two forms the Lunus Conquerors AKA T&C Dragons and the Helian style Primalists who only use Magic. So there IS a rather defined in-game splitting of the Dragon Adv Class into two separate classes.

Fourthly, If you really look at the Drag Adv Class it is a Healing Class, a Magic Class, and a Melee Class Pre Multiclassed together. However, each side should be viable on its own to an extent like it is with the Bipeds and they are for the most part except for the Magic Class which is a bit on the weak side though it was recently helped thanks to the Drain Bolt upgrade.

Fifthly, Is there is any good reason why the Primalist should NOT get some Spike Damage? Right now the T&C Dragon gets two very potent Spike Damage attacks in the form of Gold Rage and Ravage not to mention Drain Strike and Silver Strike. The Primalist has no Spike damage whatsoever until they get Prime Cast and even then their Spike Damage is a joke compared to Biped Mages who got Multicast ages ago.

Lastly, Dragons essentially were the INSPIRATION for Biped Mages and Magic and wielding the most POWERFUL form of Magic, Prime the magic of reality itself, it is a bit on the questionable side when their mages are shown up by the Peds so horribly. The Peds should get their strength in diversity of effects as they use a prism and break down Prime into many component parts able to do specialized things and actually the magic system DOES seem to do that very well. However, the Primalist should still bring the most raw power considering the full force type of magic they are commanding. I see Biped Magic as a Scalpel and Primal Magic as a Sledgehammer based on how they are described.
    1+2. The problem with melee vs casters is not only the (non-)existence of Gold Burst, but the whole range of weapons that a caster have to fight with and the whole bloody fact is that melee dragons have a ridiculous “1 button – mob is dead” button. I have been saying for an awful long time now decrease damage from Gold Rage (or simply making Gold Rage have a 30s or 60s timer instead of 15s) and increase damage of the other abilities and lower their timers as well. Now this whole stuff was a little off-topic, but after this change perhaps change some of the abilities like Drain Strike, Silver Strike, Staggering Howl to be usable for both TnC and Primal/Power which ever is higher. Considering a casters spells should do at least double damage then when a melee casts them I leave at least Ravage out of the “TnC/Primal” mix, but then again this is just an example of things to be changed before melee and casters can be made a little bit more equal.
    Just to be honest… I do not care if Casters get Gold Burst only the problem with adding a new Gold Rage lookalike would be that the devs would also be forced to create 7 new quests as well since GR currently is quest only unlike Silver Strike and Ravage. I doubt the devs would give us 2 abilities for only 1 quest…

3. Tell me honestly were you have learned that Lunus are only melee and Helians are only casters? The main difference that I know to put it bluntly is that Lunus look at bipeds with great disdain and only want them as slaves, where as Helians have the same disdain only have a hope that by teaching the bipeds they can elevate the bipeds from being little more then animals. The fact that RoP and ARoP attempt to force people into a caster or melee role is a mere annoyance. With full training points in TnC any helian becomes a melee dragon and with the new dragon techniques you don’t even need the ARoP crystal in your claw… Just 1 tech kit and 2 sockets with Armor, Health or Strength crystal and you are done. I am not sure how it works for lunus as spell crafters, but I reckon full tp in Primal and Power works similar for lunus spell casters as for helian melee dragons (with tps in TnC and strength)

4. With this I tend to agree with you however I remain with my opinion that Dragons are either full melee or hybrid as the class stands now. Unless you are really determined to get to 100 that way… I know I am not, my helians will be for the time being melee helians (also mostly because I love to actually see different animations during fights).

5. I would love for all classes to have spiked damage, but as it stands now primalists at least do more damage with for example Spiked Scales. I am happy to get 60-80 damage per hit from the attacking mobs so for me it is not useless, but at the very least a lot less useful.

6. Yeah well… Dragons can fly and in exchange the Bipeds got their overpowering trophy quests to get them rich beyond belief and to rating Demi-God (278). As a side note… Bipeds only need 4 schools at lvl 100 and they have Strength, Dexterity, Power and Focus at 1000 base skill. Against this dragons cannot win so there is no need to bring bipeds into a discussion that goes between melee and casting dragons.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Thread Information