Thread: /emote, /em, and emote panel's

Default /emote, /em, and emote panel's

So, as an RPer who counts highly on the game being immersion based, I am quite disappointed in the fact that the emote panel now includes my name in it as I used to use it to do paragraph posts when I hit the letter limit in the first /em or /emote post. However, I can understand why this was removed as it could easily be abused.

Now, this is not what the topic is about though, I found a bug that is effecting every bit of immersion on the order server that, when /emote or /em is used, it displays the name twice. I.E: Starstilanxs Starstilanxs <action here>
    I occasionally play the game for the sole reason of gameplay, this is not why the game attracts me however, it was the immersion and the RP that made the game worth my money. Breaking this so heavily with, not only the emote panel being no longer usable, but now the main /em and /emote posting is also useless.

I really -really- hope this gets fixed soon. We Role-Players rely on immersion to RP.

Edit: Emote panel displays your name once, found this out shortly after, though the /em and /emote bug is still there.
    Last edited by Starstilanxs; January 19th, 2011 at 04:18 AM.

Default Re: /emote, /em, and emote panel's

on order now the emote glitch is in effect

when you do a emote it will say your name twice...unless one uses the emote glitch to get it to only say your name once.

when i was on blight this was in effect, im surprised no one pointed this out and it went through like this
    Last edited by Blue Hasia; January 19th, 2011 at 04:54 AM.

/em or /emote showing [Name] [Action] is all that I can remember it doing. Not showing the name is a strange sight for me.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

same thing said on General forum... the emote thing doubles your name. did so in blight... i dunno why it was never fixed.

khutit heads also don't work.

we actually did mention it (I think, I never send in a ticket no matter how bad I found this "fix"), but yeah, it's still there

Recent update still is bugged out. Constantly does the <name><name> thing for /emote and /em. I am trying to figure out what is trying to be accomplished here by releasing this bugged code to the live servers :/

Edit: Correction, apparently it does it for SOME people, but not others:

[02/17/11 21:17:14] Thelras says, '<!--color r=.4 b=.4 g=.5> ((Dunno. Works fine for me.))'

[02/17/11 21:17:22] Rhave says, '(Really?)'

[02/17/11 21:17:23] Thelras says, '<!--color r=.4 b=.4 g=.5> ((Well, /em anyways.))'

[02/17/11 21:17:29] Rhave says, '(... that's odd.)'

[02/17/11 21:17:31] Riphesh ((Test))

[02/17/11 21:17:35] Rhave says, '(Do my errors show for you?)'

[02/17/11 21:17:44] Riphesh ((test))

[02/17/11 21:17:48] Rhave Rhave ((test))

[02/17/11 21:17:52] Thelras says, '<!--color r=.4 b=.4 g=.5> ((Yeah. It says your name twice.))'
    Last edited by Starstilanxs; February 18th, 2011 at 04:30 AM.

Oh THAT isn't a creepy question at all. Begone HTML formbox!

Sorry mate, I can't say I have had this problem myself. Mostly because I rarely seem to find RP outside of chat pannels...but when I did emote last night , I did not have said error.

Perhaps it only happens to certain accounts whom;

1. Have been around for a certain time
    2. Have certain characters in their names
    3. Random selection.
    4. Evil monkey invasion.
    We're all stuck in a mess of relationships,
    that go on with or without you.

im getting double name also on emotes, while others are not

Thread Information