Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dragon Fly Speed

Arrow Dragon Fly Speed

Ancient Dragon should be able to fly faster than 124 speed ( it is with Velocity V scales and Gift of velocity V ).
    Couse it looks silly when biped is running MUCH faster than Dragon can fly.
    And latest patch allows bipeds to run even faster. ( with proper items )

Default Re: Dragon Fly Speed

A dragon is much larger than a biped. It's not unusual that large creatures are slower than small ones. Besides, when flying you can save much time by taking shortcuts while bipeds can't climb hills or cross waters, dragons can easily fly over it.

I can understand you want to fly faster but just say so and leave the bipeds out of the equation.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I guess we are talking about broken items that have massive speed boosts on them.. i do support the idea of making at least small fly speed and speed boosts on broken scales in future patches..
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

Quote Originally Posted by Chibisuke View Post
    I guess we are talking about broken items that have massive speed boosts on them.. i do support the idea of making at least small fly speed and speed boosts on broken scales in future patches..
    yes, PLEASE add velocity/speed broken wing scales, I used to have meepsa as a craft mule for my biped, but now that she has near 200 speed, I tend to use my biped full-time, highest speed that I've seen so far on a ped was around 305, and compared to 140 fly speed.....uuuh yeaaah....

305? how much speed do these items addd?!?!?! most ive ever got was 220
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

305 sounds not realistic, are you sure it wasnt 205? and for ancient maximum fly speed is 124..

Quote Originally Posted by rizo/nawkia View Post
    305? how much speed do these items addd?!?!?! most ive ever got was 220
    Only the t6 necklace and rings give the speed bonus which is 30 each item. So, if your speed was 220 previously, you would now get 310 with the new jewelry.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
    Only the t6 necklace and rings give the speed bonus which is 30 each item. So, if your speed was 220 previously, you would now get 310 with the new jewelry.
    Dakoren told me he had 305 speed, with all possible buff ofcourse

Im speaking about walkaround number without road bonus, potions and using short time buffs like Nature's path, Swift feet, Sprint, Saris Sprint or Gangaf's Boots..

Im speaking about walkaround number without road bonus, potions and using short time buffs like Nature's path, Swift feet, Sprint, Saris Sprint or Gangaf's Boots..
    ah, well I guess it's around....110/140 then

going off of just base(50) and jewelry(90) with no other speed bonuses you would have 140

you could also add the permanent/long term boost: t5 teched speed boots(12) fleet of foot(10) gift of speed V(10) for a total of 172

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    A dragon is much larger than a biped. It's not unusual that large creatures are slower than small ones.
    But we are talking about flying here. Yes we are large creatures but are flying is slow when compared to what bipeds can pull off

Also large animals are fast an elaphant can easily out run lots of creatures smaller than it

Dragons should be able to actually run faster then all bipeds i believe, because their body would more allow for it. because their natural stride i think it is, can't remember ex actually what it's called, but its the same concept that allows a cheetah to run at it's speeds, the distance that it can cover with each step is much larger then what a human or other similarly built biped could cover...

Bipeds in Istaria must have something similar to Ostrich legs or something

Aaand this is Istaria as well, where Magic Reigns
    Thenalth Venalueth (Order) Adult Lunus
    Kelthorath Insalik (Order) Hatchling
    Riethali Koray (Order) Hatchling

Seriously, you guys are complaining about content that has been noted to not be ingame yet. And has been mentioned before by the devs to be added. So be patient instead of making drama before you even know whats to come.

And im kinda ashamed that supposedly 'veteran' players in this topic start biped vs dragon stuff, again.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Don't get too excited, the rings and necklace look good for casters. They have power, focus and speed. As a melee'r I won't be using them, but are good for casters that have to kite a bit. And I can't wait for the dragon stuff.

Anyone compare the damage of the new adamantium weapons compared to the old mith one yet? Trying to see if it's worth making em without the damage techs. Was thinking of using the calimir hide+DCOM on the Adaman Battle Axe.

The earrings have nice stats but I can't put my two-hand slash on them.

I also might mention that while we may be able to hit speeds that high it is only for about 30sec or less and requires a number of items. Average with no jewelry is about 80. So shh..
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

THe way I see it, since I can fly over all that stuff bipeds have to run through - I'm really ok with them running faster. I can fly over things they can't run over too. Usually means I get wherever I'm getting faster than they do .

Which will probalby be the forever-argument with bipeds having faster run speeds than dragon flight. "You fly over and skip it all...its fair.." .

Of course without the flight mod, I'm afraid if my dragon's wings flapped any faster they'd melt off...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    THe way I see it, since I can fly over all that stuff bipeds have to run through - I'm really ok with them running faster. I can fly over things they can't run over too. Usually means I get wherever I'm getting faster than they do .

Which will probalby be the forever-argument with bipeds having faster run speeds than dragon flight. "You fly over and skip it all...its fair.." .

Of course without the flight mod, I'm afraid if my dragon's wings flapped any faster they'd melt off...
    haha, true about the flapity-flapping of dragon wings, but still, I'd like to see (even if its really small) a little boost to velocity on the new broken scales

I can fly- I do not need speed.

I`d always preferred to ride on my hubby`s Harley, and still have a chance to see whats around me- enjyoy the landscapes e.g.,
    than ride with my friend on her Kawa and wonder if we gonna survive it

(a friend says, that with all that speed now- if map has loaded- mobs will already have killed ya^^)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    I can fly- I do not need speed.

I`d always preferred to ride on my hubby`s Harley, and still have a chance to see whats around me- enjyoy the landscapes e.g.,
    than ride with my friend on her Kawa and wonder if we gonna survive it

(a friend says, that with all that speed now- if map has loaded- mobs will already have killed ya^^)
    That reminds me something...

Thread Information