Thread: trial of endurance redux

Exclamation trial of endurance redux

Hello,

Just a quick suggestion: remove the speed debuff from the Weight of the World when it is removed from your inventory, instead of making the player crawl to the assessor of wit. None of the quest text indicates why you are still moving slowly after the Weight is gone and nowhere does it state that you have to go to the Assessor of Wit to get back to normal speed.

Barring that, change the text and have the assistant say something along the lines of "ha ha ha, you're not done yet." and leave the Weight in the player's inventory and THEN make him trudge to the Assessor of Wit, assuming he is not murdered several times by wolves he can't run away from. :P

Thanks!

Default Re: trial of endurance redux

The debuff should be being removed when you speak to the Assistant, not at the Assessor of Wit. It is a bug that this is not happening. And one that we have been unable to replicate internally and thus fix, I'm afraid. Everything appears to be set up within the quest properly, and it works properly on our test server, so until we can figure out why people on the the live shards experience something different, it is going to have to be one of those "un-exterminateable" bugs".

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    The debuff should be being removed when you speak to the Assistant, not at the Assessor of Wit. It is a bug that this is not happening. And one that we have been unable to replicate internally and thus fix, I'm afraid. Everything appears to be set up within the quest properly, and it works properly on our test server, so until we can figure out why people on the the live shards experience something different, it is going to have to be one of those "un-exterminateable" bugs".
    I just did this quest and I was slowed untill I spoke to the Assessor of Wit as well. I asked about it on the newbie help channels and the response there was that you had to speak to the Assessor of Wit in order to get your speed back.

Interesting! Good luck tracking it down.

The folks getting stuck with the weight - did you recall back to town to turn it in?

I'm wondering if that is the trick - I'll be re-running the quest tonight and I'll actually stagger back to town rather than recall and see if the weight goes away at the assistant.

If this works, I'm willing to bet that it has something to do with the various bits of flavor text that never trigger if you recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeshlavik View Post
    The folks getting stuck with the weight - did you recall back to town to turn it in?

I'm wondering if that is the trick - I'll be re-running the quest tonight and I'll actually stagger back to town rather than recall and see if the weight goes away at the assistant.

If this works, I'm willing to bet that it has something to do with the various bits of flavor text that never trigger if you recall.
    no I walked all the way back...I remembered that if you did that you would miss trigger points on the road back from when I played years ago (Mom, is his face going to explode?)

out of curisoity have you tried running a character through it on live and seeing the bug yourself? and would you be able to have a debugger (the type that shows what happens line by line) running alongside the live client (don't use a developer copy, use the same one we are using)

I've done some programing but I don't know if that is possible.

(this post was for the devs)
    Last edited by joemarra052075; January 22nd, 2011 at 08:25 PM. Reason: ment to include dev quote

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

afaik you have to do the run back to town, not recall - there is a specific quest to recall, given by the assessor of souls, if i remember correctly (derexx hasn't done any of the gifted quests yet)....
    as was said before, you need to hit the trigger points on the way.....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

but I did notice an increase in those abilitites as listed
    we also seem to be getting an "emblem of the gifted" as opposed to a "medallion of the gifted" - that older one had +5 buffs to power and strength. The new one says nothing to that effect.
    Last edited by Concoidal; January 27th, 2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: addition of info -- +5 additions do show up in Abilities
    Concoidal Fractus
    Expert Dragon Crafter - Master Lairshaper

check your abilities? might be a passive thingy now...?

Good news for anyone doing this quest in the future.

It took me having to look from a completely different angle at it, but I finally was able to figure out why the speed reduction was remaining after you talked to the Assistant of Endurance. It will be fixed with the next patch.

tey did indeed increase under abilities
    Concoidal Fractus
    Expert Dragon Crafter - Master Lairshaper

Good news for anyone doing this quest in the future.

It took me having to look from a completely different angle at it, but I finally was able to figure out why the speed reduction was remaining after you talked to the Assistant of Endurance. It will be fixed with the next patch.
    Sweet..that is great news to hear.

Hmmm... I have the opposite issue.
    I haven't been slowed down at all :P
    I had the Weight in my inventory, but my speed was still 50+25 (for the road).
    Seems u, guys, did too good work with it xD Not that I complain, but it just didn't feel any special to run back to town :P

Thread Information