Thread: Flipping the Staff Bonuses

Default Flipping the Staff Bonuses

For the Repaired Weapons the normal ornamental Mage-like Staff gets Dex Bonuses and the Martial Arts Quarter Staff gets Focus Bonuses which seems backwards to me. I would think you would be more likely to actually smack things with a Quarter Staff not a Delicate Mage's Staff.

Also I am not sure about this one but the Sword Grip seems to be unused for anything but I THINK it was meant to be used for the Two-Handed Swords as opposed to the Pommel (which would make perfect sense) yet the Two-Handed Swords still call for the Pommel.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Default Re: Flipping the Staff Bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
    For the Repaired Weapons the normal ornamental Mage-like Staff gets Dex Bonuses and the Martial Arts Quarter Staff gets Focus Bonuses which seems backwards to me. I would think you would be more likely to actually smack things with a Quarter Staff not a Delicate Mage's Staff..
    I was about to post the same thing.

Regular staff with ornamental head currently has
    + 2hc
    + strength
    + Dexterity

The Quarterstaff (stick with no ornamentation, obviously for melee use primarily)
    + 2hc
    + power
    + focus

At the very least, the power and focus needs swapped around with the strength and dexterity.

Can spellcaster stats be added the to ornamental staff in place of 2 hand crush? I'm not sure what to suggest here, perhaps Flame, Ice, and Energy skill (Leaves out nature, spirit, etc).

As a complement for mystics, add a Shillelagh set with power focus along with nature, spirit, blight, Useable by Druid, Shaman, (Normal Shillelagh classes). I suppose this could also be a Cudgel, but the Shillelagh gets no love.

Also, for the ornamental staff, 1050 2 hand crush to equip is too much for whats going to be geared for spells, not melee. Perhaps "1050 Flame or 1050 Ice or 1050 Energy"

For the Quarterstaff, 1050 2hc requirement is fine. Although I believe that the Monk school should be able to use the quarterstaff as well, Perhaps add an "Or" Requirement along with 2 hc of 1050 unarmed?

Edit: The Quarterstaff already allows Monk to use, just needs the " or 1050 Unarmed" added to the 1050 2hc.

Overall I think the Broken Items are off to a great start.

(All examples above use the t6 items, requirements)
    Last edited by Guaran; January 22nd, 2011 at 12:40 PM.

Default Re: Flipping the Staff Bonuses

As we're talking about wooden weapons here anyhow. I think there should be a club added to the list. The formula already contains so few weapons especially vs the metal ones. Please add a wooden club to it with spellcaster stats.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Default Let's go Clubbing!

Yes, later adding a Club would be most appreciated. I did not suggest that just because I assume it could be coming later like the Dragon Scales.

I would also suggest special Shields because Shields are rather awesome and having really special ones would be especially neat and helpful but PLEASE do NOT do Armor in general. I say that just because it would make for WAY WAY too much stuff to try to collect.

Default Re: Let's go Clubbing!

I can switch the staves, no problem.

But there won't be any additions in the form of new weapons, armor or jewelry. That part is balanced for the goals we'd set.

Dragon scales are still coming, of course.

Default Re: Let's go Clubbing!

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post

But there won't be any additions in the form of new weapons, armor or jewelry. That part is balanced for the goals we'd set.

A one hand crush weapon would be welcomed by Druid mains with a multiclass build.

No love for Druids and other Mystics eventually as for T6 Weapon? Alternatively is lack of a one hand crush weapon to suggest that Mystics were "unbalanced" until the other Weapons were released and so are now "balanced"?

Knossos

Default Problem there

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post

I know Druids can use Staves but many would likely prefer to use a Shield and a One Handed Weapon because it increases your survivability by a notable margin. (I have done the tests, Two-Handed Weapons deal more damage but that increase is not good enough to outweigh a Shield's protection in keeping you alive)

There are Maces and War Hammers but Druids are not allowed to use those they MUST use Wooden One-Hand Crush weapons ONLY. Unless you secretly let them use these metal weapons and I have not noticed that. I suppose that would also a fine fix just to let them use these particular metal OHC weapons.

Thread Information