Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: going monk anyway

Default Re: going monk anyway

Really? hmm.

If you kept evasive style from your ranger and it carried over to another school at level 1.. that's probably a bug. :-/

-Menkure Salitis

Actually If you have an ability from one school and are studying another school that naturally learns that ability in its progress it is instantly mastered.

For example
    Take monk to 100
    Join warrior and at level 1 you will have flurry III, crit V, multi IV powerstyle III

Or
    Mage to 100
    Join conj and at level 20 you will have multi III

or
    Cleric to 50
    Join healer and have instant IV at level 20

etc
    This is one of the other aspects of the mastering system.
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

aceracer24

Quote Originally Posted by Menkure

Really? hmm.

If you kept evasive style from your ranger and it carried over to another school at level 1.. that's probably a bug. :-/

-Menkure Salitis
    Well, I guess you can read Evils post to explain it...news to me but good news non the less. Forgot to mention that as a 34 healer i had Evasive Style IV left over from Ranger. Noticed this with a few of the other lowbie classes I took for some of the abilities like druid. Never paid much attention to it as I don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Spose I could have been a good boy and reported it as a bug....but ya know...I felt I was owed something by AE ;) Anyway glad i didn't report it as Evil made it make sense..

Quote Originally Posted by evilkarl
    Actually If you have an ability from one school and are studying another school that naturally learns that ability in its progress it is instantly mastered.

For example
    Take monk to 100
    Join warrior and at level 1 you will have flurry III, crit V, multi IV powerstyle III

Or
    Mage to 100
    Join conj and at level 20 you will have multi III

or
    Cleric to 50
    Join healer and have instant IV at level 20

etc
    This is one of the other aspects of the mastering system.
    Ahhh didn't know that....very interesting and thx for the info.

HairybackLarry

For me in cleric mode, lvl 98, multistrike isnt carrying over from my Storm D levels. Instead of multi 3 I only get multi 1 when I'm a cleric. Anyone else have this problem?

Cleric does not learn multistrike.

So you only have multi mastered at <50
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

HairybackLarry

Cleric earns multistrike 1 at lvl 26 or 28

Ahh so they do. My apologies.

Looking at the community site on schools (although its usually wrong) they do not gain a higher version than I. This is why you do not have multi strike III. I can verify they dont learn a higher version cause I spent my cleric life with multistrike II mastered from spirit disciple.
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

HairybackLarry

thats my point. I have multistrike 3 as storm d but only multistrike 1 as a cleric. I know if you have insta heal 10 as a cleric it transfers over to druid as insta heal at like level 8. So, why dont I keep the higher of the two ablilities when I switch like other abilities transfer?

You dont keep multi 3 because the highest version of multistrike a cleric learns is I.

As such the school does not learn 3 in its natural progression so you do not have access to it.

Druid does learn instant heal in its natural progression as a result it instantly masters the highest version it would naturally learn if you had cleric to 100.

You can't instantly master a ability you will not learn.

For example as a guardian I have skin like thornwood. If i was to join ranger the highest they get is skin like yew (I think). So as a level 20 ranger I would get skin like yew instead of thornwood.
    Zodias of Order

Monk Issue List

HairybackLarry

Ok. now that makes sense. Thks for the info.

Thread Information