Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love and Hate

Default Love and Hate

I am hard pressed to express the delight and dispare that the recent update has brought. Yes many of the changes were both needed and necessary, However i can not find the words( polite ones) to to express my feelings about what is at least at present a total kick inthe groin that the loot revamp brings to my soul. I am not a hunter I am a crafter, However, I am more then a little displeased at the rariety of junk drops and the price they pay add on top of that the changes on what mob drops forms and tech's it takes the pleasure out of leveling my alts more then i can say. I am not happy is the least i can say. change is inevitable I understand this more then some, but to me this specific change is ugly.
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Default Re: Love and Hate

Rarity of junk drops? Might I suggest you look at hunter scorpions outside Delgarath. I counted no less than 6 types of junk loot they have, and rather abundant, too. In one trade to Rhahool in Bristugo, I gained 45s with about a dozen different types of junk loot.

Personally, I'm looking forward to see what other sort of junk loot drops there are. I've seen ones from golems (elemental slivers and such), Lem (ectoplasmic vapor), and scorpions (ichor, larvae, pincers, jaws, chitin, and I think stinger sacs or was that a trophy drop?). I'm guessing there will be more hides, vials of blood, eyes, tongues, ears, and who knows what else out there.

On the other side, I can see the frustration of gathering tech components. After being inundated by 6 hunter scorpion tail stingers and killing who knows how many scorpions, I finally did get the two venoms I needed for a particular technique. Perhaps 80/20 is a bit steep for on the tech drops, Amon? Granted, we have an adjustment period and Nadia is there to accommodate this. Still, something to consider.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Its 72/28 currently. We are keeping an eye on it and discussing.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I like the lower drop rate, more of a challenge.

A low drop rate is fine if there are an abundance of mobs. For some mobs, there are few and a low drop rate, Icy Dire wolf Alphas for example. I know a total of 10 spawn in large and dispersed spawn zones. At that point it is not a challenge as it is frustrating. If not for Nadia I would have said forget it. Large numbers of mobs with a low drop rate is one thing, but scarce numbers with a low rate and the 20 comps you need become an annoyance.

Your *need* is a personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorev1 View Post
    Your *needs* are also not necessarily ours. That is what is called compromise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    A low drop rate is fine if there are an abundance of mobs. For some mobs, there are few and a low drop rate, Icy Dire wolf Alphas for example. I know a total of 10 spawn in large and dispersed spawn zones. At that point it is not a challenge as it is frustrating. If not for Nadia I would have said forget it. Large numbers of mobs with a low drop rate is one thing, but scarce numbers with a low rate and the 20 comps you need become an annoyance.
    I second this, more challenge is fine, 2 components on 1 mob is fine despite of the difference in drop rate, but having 2 components on mobs that are rare themselves is not fine and becomes tedious very fast. Grogo names Icy Dire Wolf Alphas, I name Enraged Yew Treants with their Mettles (common) and Roots (rare)… And considering I personally need 16 Roots because I want Tooth&Claw V on several scales which happens to be a very important technique for melee dragons who don’t want to specialize with resistances and wards it becomes tedious very fast.

So far I have had the fun of meeting many of the 2 component T5 mobs around Delgerath (Hunter Scorpions and Sand Crabs) and in the Spiritous Swamp… While the latter is an easy version of Satyr. The abundance of different mobs make it more tedious to hunt for rare components like Ravenous Bloodsnout Bristles and Turgid Purple Weaver Legs.

All that I would like to say is (while it took me a while to come to terms with the change) thank you devs for the hard work, but please give the 2 components to mobs that are more abundant like in the case of Yew Treants the Massive Yew Treants and let the rare mobs like the Enraged in this case keep their Mettles and only their Mettles.
    I am not asking for a higher drop rate, only that some 2-comp mobs get swapped.

My Love/Hate conclusion of the Technique component change…
    70% I love the fact that I no longer need large amount of WA and Undead components.
    30% I hate the 2-comps (on rare mobs) and that for some strange reason I constantly seem to need the rare components on those mobs.

My Love/Hate conclusion of the Junk Loot addition…
    80% I love the different loot items which can be sold, which it seems has made coin bags obsolete.
    20% I hate the fact that I must travel to Bristugo every once in a while for fear of filling up to much.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Default Hmmm

Honestly, I find "Junk" drops rather freely and while it is not super lucrative (especially Animal Junk for some reason) it is not horrible for its Bulk.

A few of the components are annoying as can be to get your hands on now as they are Super Rare like "Health II" from Snow Ogre Big Toes which you need 2 of for one Health Tech but they drop so rarely you will be killing Snow Ogres for two hours or more just to get that 2 and you better be a Dragon or a very over leveled Ped or you are not getting up there and doing that.

I think the Skulk being "Semi-Intelligent" like the Ogres should drop Formulas but right now they just drop their Comps, Trophies, and Dragon Hoard.

The new Charms seem rather good to me.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    20% I hate the fact that I must travel to Bristugo every once in a while for fear of filling up to much.
    I am 100% with you on the Drops BTW but they could still use to be generally a tiny bit less difficult to get when you need 2 of them.

As for that 20% though:

A) Dragons come with HUGE Packs compared to Peds so I am not sure how you are having such a problem with that. My Dragoness is not even your level and she can fight and loot for 5+ Hours and never fill up. It is a lot harder for a Ped but even they do not seem to fill so fast.

B) Protip: You can sell that junk to any Pawn Broker and you still get more money if you sell to the ones Players Make at higher Tiers. It SUGGESTS the guy in Bristugo but he is not the only nor the best person to sell to.

Skulk do drop formula... but you have to kill the higher level ones, not the lowest level ones. That is how it works across every tier. Killing the weaker ones gets you less loot.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Shinkuu View Post
    I am 100% with you on the Drops BTW but they could still use to be generally a tiny bit less difficult to get when you need 2 of them.

As for that 20% though:

A) Dragons come with HUGE Packs compared to Peds so I am not sure how you are having such a problem with that. My Dragoness is not even your level and she can fight and loot for 5+ Hours and never fill up. It is a lot harder for a Ped but even they do not seem to fill so fast.

B) Protip: You can sell that junk to any Pawn Broker and you still get more money if you sell to the ones Players Make at higher Tiers. It SUGGESTS the guy in Bristugo but he is not the only nor the best person to sell to.
    This Junk Loot is supposed to be ingame instead of the coin bags, coin bags I can empty at any place of my choosing, also instead of total 5-6 different coin bags across all mobs of the tier I am killing I suddenly have 4-5 different Junk Loot items per type of mob I am killing (not counting different Chitins for Hunter Scorps and Sand Crabs), So hence the 20% hate... Large amount of items to sell which is good, however you are forced to go to that NPC or like you say any pawnbroker. If I really hated it the Love/Hate was not 80/20.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Default Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Skulk do drop formula... but you have to kill the higher level ones, not the lowest level ones. That is how it works across every tier. Killing the weaker ones gets you less loot.
    Interesting... Ok. I was killing the Hunters with my low level Dryad and they were mostly showering me in Hoard and Comps which is why I figured they did not drop Forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    This Junk Loot is supposed to be ingame instead of the coin bags, coin bags I can empty at any place of my choosing, also instead of total 5-6 different coin bags across all mobs of the tier I am killing I suddenly have 4-5 different Junk Loot items per type of mob I am killing (not counting different Chitins for Hunter Scorps and Sand Crabs), So hence the 20% hate... Large amount of items to sell which is good, however you are forced to go to that NPC or like you say any pawnbroker. If I really hated it the Love/Hate was not 80/20.
    Just saying... You usually got like a bag of coins once in a blue moon but you get loot constantly which = more coin. Yeah it is not as convenient as just handing you money but it still does not seem to really be bulky enough to constitute a problem as far as space goes unless you are already full for some reason. (I know Awdz is always full but most of us are not the Bat Gnome... I am nearly empty on most of my characters)

Also at least it is not as annoying as Random Resource bits from Mining, Quarrying, and Essence Harvesting... I HATE those.

I have found the junk drops dont have to go to bristugo the t6 pb will buy all the stuff (junk") at the exact same price.

Lillyjo, Chaos server

Quote Originally Posted by Jorev1 View Post
    Sorry had to address this more directly.

Its less of a personal choice when the mobs/adventure in the game is designed EXPECTING you to be fully comped in your gear.

So no, its not any more of a choice than adventuring/fighting is a choice. Which yes, that is a choice - you can go craft instead.

But if you want to fight things your level, the mobs in the game are built around your character having at least SOME techs, if not fully-teched gear.

So no, no its not much of a choice. Not if you want to be efficient/effective and/or a quality group member. It may have been in the intial design that teched gear was suppose to be "for the most elite/priviledged" but the mob design has never supported that theory. Which is why its such a pain that the gathering of said comps is such a massive grind (still...).
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Yes i agree, it makes me sad to not now have tech' comps for the new players to see how valuable a good set of armor is. but oh well, i will get over it.

Lillyjo, chaos server,

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I will keep reiterating that it's easy to take the components you have that aren't used anymore to Nadia and to get the components you need. I've written a player guide about this, in the help section.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    I will keep reiterating that it's easy to take the components you have that aren't used anymore to Nadia and to get the components you need. I've written a player guide about this, in the help section.
    Of course you can keep saying that and thank you for writing this guide, but what you do not have you cannot trade.

Some people might have collected a few hundred easy to gain components like blight bindings for this very reason, but I never had an awful lot of components in storage and hunt for them only when needed (especially with WA/Undead comps), but now I have to hunt for my components after having bought the few components I could with the fewer WA/Undead components I had left and I find myself killing mobs that are tedious rare, to gain components that are also rare or mobs that are mixed with so many other mobs that in the end I only killed a fraction of what I could have killed had it been a Mob A only spawn instead of Mob B, C, D, E also running around trying to bury you.

The whole idea of having rare and common components is logical and is indeed a good plan, but why would those rare components be needed for Strength V, Tooth and Claw V, Speed V, Health V and Velocity V (in general ALL techniques I need for my adv scale sets). I would think them more suitable for Wards, Resistances and high end Tech.Kits, but not general stats or skills.

As a side note: This is not complaining about the new Dragon technique kits, only about general Stats and Skill techniques. The Molars who used to be on the Razor Teeth and now on Deadly are going to give me a humongous headache after I finish with my adv scale sets and then I do not talk about crafting Dragon Tech. Kits. Have enough for now (after trading for them), but I have already calculated that I need 10, yes 10 Molars unless I drop Accuracy V from my newly to be created spells.

If only Nadia would accept all components for trade I would be happy, but she is only interested in the mobs that are no longer needed ingame.
    Last edited by Dragonboy; January 26th, 2011 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyjo View Post
    Yes i agree, it makes me sad to not now have tech' comps for the new players to see how valuable a good set of armor is. but oh well, i will get over it.

Lillyjo, chaos server,
    Just yesterday I made another player a full set of teched armor and weapons with spare techs I had laying around. I don't understand what you are suggesting has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Sorry had to address this more directly.

Its less of a personal choice when the mobs/adventure in the game is designed EXPECTING you to be fully comped in your gear.

So no, its not any more of a choice than adventuring/fighting is a choice. Which yes, that is a choice - you can go craft instead.

But if you want to fight things your level, the mobs in the game are built around your character having at least SOME techs, if not fully-teched gear.

So no, no its not much of a choice. Not if you want to be efficient/effective and/or a quality group member. It may have been in the intial design that teched gear was suppose to be "for the most elite/priviledged" but the mob design has never supported that theory. Which is why its such a pain that the gathering of said comps is such a massive grind (still...).
    There is no evidence that a player cannot achieve an adv rating of 278 with armor, weapons, spells etc. that are not teched. In fact, since there are so many choices to tech armor, weapons, spells, etc., and everyone has different opinions about how they prefer to tech their items, the evidence shows there is no accurate formula to do so.

Thread Information