Thread: Shaman school thoughts

Default Shaman school thoughts

Shamans generally have ritualistic tokens creatures such as coyotes,wolves,bears and so on. Logically they use their token animal for their rituals... okay so where am i going with this to make the shaman school move away from its sister school druid. I understand that it is not possible for us to probably ever actually get an animal companion to come andfight with us so i have this alternate idea. I for one would love to see a new class/catagory of buffs only castable by shamans for our fellow players ,like cloak of thorns is for druid, that is not counted in the buff window. Possible names i have come up with so far are Aura of the Boar, Aura of the Wolf. so my fellow Istarians how about some more Ideas
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Default Re: Shaman school thoughts

I support your idea (s), Vandellia.
    And I agree that shaman could be a wonderful school, as I experienced in other games.
    We just talked about that yesterday in German chat.

I liked what happened to sorcerer school: A new unique ability (remove stunn at lvl. 84) and new challenges (fight queen`s adds with spellbind e.g.) made some of my vet- friends level sorcerer to 100.

Shaman school deserves something like that too!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    I support your idea (s), Vandellia.
    And I agree that shaman could be a wonderful school, as I experienced in other games.
    We just talked about that yesterday in German chat.

I liked what happened to sorcerer school: A new unique ability (remove stunn at lvl. 84) and new challenges (fight queen`s adds with spellbind e.g.) made some of my vet- friends level sorcerer to 100.

Shaman school deserves something like that too!
    I also LOVE the ideas, I have not tried shaman here yet though (strangely, because shaman tends to be the first school I try in games....hehe, WoW fun servers) but from what I heard, shaman and monk are 2 of those schools that need (just a little) bit more love

Default Maaaybe buuuutt...

Shaman in this one seem to be like a mix of a Necromancer and a Druid. They draw off of both Blight and Nature and are more of a hardcore Debuffing class than anything.

Druids already get things like Aura of the Mongoose and Bear and other such which are stat buffs that effect themselves and anyone near them.

So while it is not a horrible suggestion it has two big problems in that A) Druids already do this and B) Shaman seem to be a Nature/Decay mastering Debuff Master.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Default Re: Maaaybe buuuutt...

So Shaman should cast group debuffs on enemies, like these?
    Aura of the Skunk - neg to str and/or dex (nauseated from smell?)
    Aura of the Porcupine - neg to foc and/or pow (painful needles distracting?)
    Aura of the Leech - essentially a bleed effect
    Aura of Blight Rain - decreases armor (decayed from acid rain-like effects)

Default Re: Maaaybe buuuutt...

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    So Shaman should cast group debuffs on enemies, like these?
    Aura of the Skunk - neg to str and/or dex (nauseated from smell?)
    Aura of the Porcupine - neg to foc and/or pow (painful needles distracting?)
    Aura of the Leech - essentially a bleed effect
    Aura of Blight Rain - decreases armor (decayed from acid rain-like effects)
    Well that would make a lot more sense towards their class. Enemy Debuff auras could work.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

I really Like the Idea's that have been thrown out. I think it would really give the Shammy's a better role in a group. Instead of the Off Druid Role....LOL
    Eligus - Spearwoman - Order
    Omnes relinquite spes, o vos intrantes

Well you could also look at it the other way with Shammies, giving them elementals to control for a short period (30 seconds or such being a time oriented game) or even make it just elemental orbs that throw out an attack every 5 seconds or heal you over time, adding magic/attack attributes and stay with you for 10-30 mins like the Cleric's buffs only Shaman Specific(with maybe the use of them by mages), I'm saying a small orb, like the size of a stone chisel, something that wouldn't get in the way graphically or lag everyone out...
    ~Clearbrooke~ *Riverpaw*
    lv 60 Elemental Archer on Chaos
    Raaliquiryn Vaerkaldra, previously Kirya Al`Taraya (Mistress of the Blighted Guard!)
    lv 100/40/34 Dragon on Chaos

I think Shaman is one of the best classes in Istaria. Certainly no where near the most gimped or useless adventure school in Istaria. Shaman is a godsend in any group hunt.

Thread Information