Thread: Bonding

Default Bonding

Okay then. A big announcement. In less than two weeks time, Thenalth and Shikai are to be bonded, through a Bonding Ceremony. *grins weakly* I am to be holding it for them. Location will be Sanctuary, weekend of the 5/6 February. I will post the times when I have correctly figured them out. I would also like to see if i can speak to any that have witnessed one before, just to make sure I am not simply embarrassing myself. *chuckles* Anyone and everyone is allowed to attend. Have any quuestions, feel free to ask, will try to anwser to the best of my ability. Otherwise, /tell me in-game. Hope to see you all around.
    Silverblaze of Order~

Default Re: Bonding

Have you the hour? I'd like to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by LungTien Temeraire View Post
    Have you the hour? I'd like to attend.
    We havn't got the exact times yet, time zones are a little bit of a problem. Right now we've been thinking around 4pm Sunday for Sydney at the moment if you would like some sort of comparison, times may change though depending on what happens.
    Thenalth Venalueth (Order) Adult Lunus
    Kelthorath Insalik (Order) Hatchling
    Riethali Koray (Order) Hatchling

Here is a good example, I think :

Midnight : Moscow
    10pm : Berlin
    9pm : London
    4pm : New York
    1pm : Los Angeles
    8am : Sydney
    6am : Tokyo

The main problem is that Shikai's Schedule doesn't allow her to be on until 9pm Saturday her time, which is 4pm Sunday Sydney time (She goes out with her friends on Saturday, gota get away from campus some time right?). I'll try talk to her and see if she can get it re-arranged to Sunday for the 5/6th, if so those times will probably be really good

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

While having witnessed several bondings over my years here, I must say that different guilds and different dragons have different practices.

Obsidian Order held more of a classical druidic handfasting.

Tokoz lost his paperwork in the wind and flubbed the lines and had them vowing to each other with (or for) carrots.

A couple different ceremonies I've seen have required the giving of gifts to their mates, tokens of themselves, dragon statues, claws, personalized scales and the like.

On at least two occasions I know of, confectioners were brought in to have tents of food ready for guests, both biped and dragon (yes, friends, dust off those chocolate mice recipes).
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Bondings I've led involved presenting the couple with a variety of objects, each intended to represent something about their life together. It takes me a bit of hunting to get enough items. Usually the couple likes to have a chance to speak to each other, maybe present each other with personal gifts. They might also like allowing others to say a few words too, though not always.

Basically it depends on what the couple wants; each ceremony is as unique as the couple getting bonded.

Will try to be there. ~ You will do just fine, Silver. :)

Alright then, the times have been confirmed.

I know these times are not really what one would consider reasonable for many players, but we don't really have any choice in the matter, Schedules are a pain to work around

As such, here are the times and date:
    Moscow - 8am Sunday 6th
    Berlin - 6am Sunday 6th
    London - 5am Sunday 6th
    New York - Midnight Sat/Sun
    Los Angeles - 9pm Saturday 5th
    Sydney - 4pm Sunday 6th

Tokyo - 2pm Sunday 6th

All times were worked out from the time in Blue. If your unsure of your own time, feel free to calculate it from there.

I did these calculations from here: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

I look forward to being able to attend

5am will be an interesting target to meet, do excuse any incoherent rants from me about flaming moons or conspiracies about dragon cargo disks plotting sinister fates for their owners, I blame it only on the time

You'll be fine Silver, it's Shikai and Thenalth that should be worried! *grins*

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Thenalth View Post
    Alright then, the times have been confirmed.

I know these times are not really what one would consider reasonable for many players, but we don't really have any choice in the matter, Schedules are a pain to work around

As such, here are the times and date:
    Moscow - 8am Sunday 6th
    Berlin - 6am Sunday 6th
    London - 5am Sunday 6th
    Sydney - 4pm Sunday 6th
    Tokyo - 2pm Sunday 6th

All times were worked out from the time in Blue. If your unsure of your own time, feel free to calculate it from there.

I did these calculations from here: http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc
    i am hoping to get derexx on, he has never seen a bonding before, altho that is a little late for me....please post a reminder a few days before so i can check my schedule!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Moscow - 8am Sunday 6th
    Berlin - 6am Sunday 6th
    London - 5am Sunday 6th
    Sydney - 4pm Sunday 6th
    Tokyo - 2pm Sunday 6th

I'm afraid I will be sleeping at 5h30 am, so I won't be able to attend...

Thread Information