Page 20 of 42 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Default Re: Minecraft

cannot connect as of late...

D: oh noes!
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

Managed to connect today, I finished the train rail from the desert into town. Here is how it works:

- Bring your own coal/charcoal. Train runs on either.
    - No animals/dogs on the track. I built it off the ground to keep it flat and keep things out of it, so please don't bring things into it.
    - Please keep one train at each end if possible. You can use the powered minecarts to keep one at each end by sending the second train to the other side.
    - To make it go, face the direction you want to head in and use the coal on the powered cart. I have two to push at each end in case weight was an issue. Quickly hop into the empty cart for a ride.
    - Powered minecarts only push, not pull.
    - When you reach the other end, there SHOULD be two powered minecarts there ready to push it back. Just send the ones that just pushed you back to the other end.
    - Happy sand/glass/sandstone/stone/cactus gathering. Four chests per train so far is ample storage.
    - Riding on it is fun.

Now the next question for everyone is, who is building the town?

Isharae of The Ancients - Pet Saris Druid to Dracanaa
    Katarae - Lost dragoness of Order

server is lagging so horribly. i'm kind of being driven insane. and by insane i mean pissed off.
    Githinji Koray son of Starstilanxs-Order Shard, Raml Koray son of Githinji-Order Shard
    Every man has a price to charge and a price to pay. Yeah, I've paid mine in ♠spades♠.

on a side note, the foundation of my Parthenon is very close to being completed I just hope no roll-backs will happen and erase it all >.>

v.v

Delaware, USA that little state no one knows about XP

Yeah, the fact that the server seems to be unstable at times means that it's not safe to build massive, time consuming stuff on it. >_> *shrugs* I've kinda migrated back to my single player maps. Got tired of server lag and all that.
    Anariah, Callihan, Selarth, Osiron, Asandra, Azayan, and Zefani of the Order Shard
    Want a pic of your character? Click here!

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/5775170...gelist-for-1-6

They're removing two of my favorite bugs Ah well. farewell minecart boosters, farewell my army of farm animals spawning at night.
    Thenalth Venalueth (Order) Adult Lunus
    Kelthorath Insalik (Order) Hatchling
    Riethali Koray (Order) Hatchling

Hopefully this

* Fixed running out of memory corrupting the current level
    will fix the corruption issues we've been having.

Hey everyone. I wanted to mention that many of the server problems are stemming from the fact that the world sizes are becoming -much- too large for the server to handle, the land that has been generating in random directions is the primary cause of this problem.

We try and keep the world available for everyone to have enough space for all their projects.. but it got to the point where our hardware can no longer sufficiently sustain the worlds.

At the current time, I have to manually take down the server and edit the world maps to fix this issue and delete a large amount of unused, randomly generated land which might take a lot of time and effort so the server, when this is being done, will be down for a few days. Currently, we don't have the money to upgrade the server to the point where others can free roam without detrimental impact to the servers performance.

Right then. I'll scan the classifieds and ask my people if they have a working box that could go as a server... I don't want to lose my work again and just want a stable server... D:

By the way stars I have a huge request - I read about a thing called pistons on the minecraft wiki... they are from a mod... could you look up this mod and install it on the server if it will work with it? Just imagine the awesomeness you can do with them.

Supposedly Notch is trying to find a Minecrafty way to implement the Piston mod into the official game. Also, the server may potentially be able to run on my current computer once I get my new one come next week. So we'll see what may happen with that.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Havn't been on since my previous post and now the servers outdated. (Yes i saw the previous post)

Minecraft Beta 1.6.4

* Fixed 1.6.3 using more CPU despite it claiming to use less
    * Totally professional

Minecraft Beta 1.6.3

1.6.3:

+ The renderer is now capped at 100 fps while there are chunks to be generated. The excess time will be spent generating chunks instead of rendering frames
    + The “limit framerate” option now limits the game to 40 fps and will spend at least 10 ms per frame sleeping
    + The “limit framerate” option has been reset to “off” for all players, enable it again if you want it
    * Fixed some block updates not updating lighting properly under some circumstances by reverting the “don’t always send block data” fix in 1.6
    * Fixed a major CPU load issue in the server where a very tight loop would starve all other threads
    * Fixed furnaces dropping/duplicating their contents when they change state from lit to unlit or back

1.6.2:

* Fixed an ACTUAL item duplication bug while picking up some items

1.6.1:

* Fixed a visual item duplication bug when trying to pick up items while the inventory is full

bawk now i can't fly again T___T thankfully i'm already at ground level and not 500ft up lol

oops yay i can :3

Is my train bridge still there? I lost my redstone enhanced boathouses sadly... I'm scared of losing my work again so mabey I'll just tinker with making music with note blocks, or try to.

Everything is still there! Just waiting on the update for craftbukket to be released. ^^

What is this I don't even. o___________o

lol that looks like an uberscary multi-portal to the nether lol, one that's currently burning the house down lol. I made a portal successfully on my SP map in the dungeon below my castle lol. It promptly startled the **** out of me when I spawned into the Nether as I was immediately shot at. Lol. I then built a humongo obsidian building around my portal lol.

Minecraft Beta 1.6.5

There are some annoying bed bugs in multiplayer in this version, I’ll fix those next week.
    1.6.5:

* Tweaked the connection reading code a lot. Hopefully this helps.
    * Changed the “limit framerate” option to a “framerate cap” option.
    * Added “Advanced OpenGL” again
    * Players riding anything or sleeping in anything will stop doing so when they leave the game now
    * Removed the minecraft version number from the main game window. It’s still available in the title screen
    * Fixed some entities appearing to fall through the ground repeatedly in multiplayer (some might still do so)
    * Fixed the server sometimes thinking the player hit a corner when walking when they didn’t
    * Fixed dropped damaged items vanishing after a single use after being picked up
    * Fixed dropped items not getting ejected from blocks properly
    * Fixed the achievements window rendering some graphics outside the clip window
    * Fixed players saving while sneaking being loaded too high up
    * Fixed shift+click transferring items causing a crash when the target container is full
    * Fixed lighting updates sometimes not happening correctly
    * Fixed the players health appearing to be full when entering/exiting the nether
    * Fixed a couple of instances where beds would act strange in multiplayer, primarily the “already occupied” bug

Thread Information