Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Default Re: Minecraft

As far as I know the stuff does not despawn where you die, unless you fall in lava.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

it depends i seen things last 5 mins before poofing then again i seen things stay their for 24 hours. if i run into you shian ill help out again. i can make more torches for you

Here's a list of the things I could remember that I was carrying and probably why I died. It KNEW I was carrying valuables!
    9 chests
    shears
    14 blocks of iron
    6 blocks of gold
    4 blocks of diamond
    a stack of sandstone
    a stack of the 1/2 sandstone block
    clock
    42 blue wool
    12 red wool
    1 stack of torches
    5 stacks of wood planks
    21 fence posts
    3 stacks of cobblestone

I know I died next to a small pond in a desert binome but I've looked all over for hours and can't find my dropped stuff. Might have gotten eaten by a server restart. Back to hunting sheep....

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Umm... is there a certain timeframe when the stuff you dropped on death despawns? I was carrying most everything I owned to my secondary base location but died to a creeper. Now I can't find where I died -_-
    Yeah, there is. Items will begin their despawn timer (of 5 minutes) at the moment the chunk they're on is loaded. So if you die and respawn a good distance away, your items are likely on an unloaded chunk and won't begin their timer until you get closer. I'm unsure if this timer stops if the chunk is unloaded, and if the timer resets assuming it does stop.

If you're playing singleplayer, you can always look up the Death Chest mod. It's a mod where you can keep a single chest in your inventory and when you die the chest gets placed at the spot you die and your inventory items placed in the chest.
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

That does sound handy. I'm not playing single player though. I'm on Blue's test server ATM. If I'm on single player, I just have it on peaceful. Too stressful to try and run to a bed at sundown while working on a project.

Lost my inventory again because I waited for day to go back for my stuff. Ugh.

hey shain got the clay plugin working. just put a gravel block in water to turn it into clay. also any gravel that touches water should turn to clay

also left you a bunch of clay in your junk block chest in your sand room at your house....made all those while testing the plugin

on the thing with mobs shain...added a plugin that lets you build defense towers ^^
    they work......to good atm and attack anything that moves so dont build one till i figure out how to define to leave players out

update on the defense towers...seems i download the plugin in a testing phase as the creator is changing the method of inputting targets so until he gets a new update the defense towers will not work

in the meantime check out his youtube vidoe. when working this should help with the mobs around your castle....and just be plain cool ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onFN1...layer_embedded

Wow! OMG lightning! That's awesome!
    Can't wait for it to work properly.

And thanks for the clay. Was going to be sad if I couldn't make brick blocks. There comes a point where everything just looks the same -_-

yes, also made it so the clay drops 8 instead of 4 blobs. as soon as the defense tower updates ill update it...i want them to looks fun. just dont build to many....ive read alot can lag the server

Alright guys, -big- news for the server. Soon, it will be getting a massive upgrade, we're migrating it to a blade server. Here are the specs if you're curious:

- Two Intel Xeon processors at 2.8GHz with 533MHz front-side bus speed
    - 4GB PC2100 ECC DDR SDRAM
    - Two 36GB SCSI 10K Hard Drives (Hot Swappable)
    - QLogic Fiberchannel Expansion Cards (59P6623)
    - Two GB Ethernet controllers standard with load balancing and failover features
    - Integrated System Management processor, Light Path Diagnostics, Predictive Failure Analysis and IBM Director

As soon as the money goes through to Atilla's account, we'll have it order.

Seesh that's one way to ensure the server never has a problem again o.O

Yeah, the server upgrade will be amazing. Stars should throw up the specs of the current server computer just for comparison. xD
    Avatar is of my character Akrion, snipped from Hrae's Hoard of Creatures by the excellent moss loving artist Nambroth. <3

Old specs

Athlon XP 3000+ 2.10 GHz single core
    512MB DDR1 333
    60GB IDE HD 5400RPM
    10/100 Intel Network card

Wow.

EPIC UPGRADE TEIM!

... Can I mine with tnt in the current nospawn world by the way? >_>

Fsssssssss BOOM BOOOM BOOOOM BOOOOM!!!!! *cackles*

lol Tcei.

I'd be happy to join you guys on the new server when it is up Can Star PM me the info?

Blue- I need lots of wood for my inn, but I'm crashing every other tree. Having to stay out for 10 mins each crash is getting costly x.x

Just lost my entire morning's work of "get wood" "crash" "wait 10-15 mins" "log back in" "get one tree" "crash"

REALLY too many mobs on this server. Got surrounded by 2 spiders, 3 creepers and 2 zombies all within logging in. Wasn't able to get back to my stuff in time because I died twice on the way there.

Yea some wierd screen comes over me when I was chopping trees just now. I died once trying to help Shian X_X

Stars that upgrade looks great!

I'll disable that chop tree plugin. Seems to be to glitchy

Thread Information