Thread: Cats

Hybrid View

Default Cats

Is there anything to suggest that there are Nonanthropomorphic cats in Istaria? That is to say, any feral four legged felines or house cats?
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Cats

now that you mention it, are there even any predatory ones? i mean, there are no dogs or insects either, but you can see wolves and spiders and such....

do i sense feline prejudice at work???
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

There are a number of animals that seem like they ought to exist but just don't in-game, probably just for development reasons. I've always assumed cats must exist, as well as lizards, but I don't know of any official lore on the subject.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    There are a number of animals that seem like they ought to exist but just don't in-game, probably just for development reasons. I've always assumed cats must exist, as well as lizards, but I don't know of any official lore on the subject.
    regarding cats: "The Saris are a proud race, originating from feline stock.", not sure if this is of any significance, but to me it sure proves that there are/were other cat-like beings, just like the thingy in the tailor shop at dali proves that there used to be horses (lore-wise ofcourse) =)

Saris are the reason that I assume cats exist in some form out in the world, just as Sslik are the reason I assume lizards and other reptiles exist out there somewhere too. It would really, really odd if those two biped species evolved and then all of their ancestors disappeared completely.

The reason they don't appear in-game is most likely that models, etc. were never developed for them, and, since VI has to prioritize everything they do, still hasn't had a reason to add them. Though I think it would be really neat if we got some new mobs based on these things, rather than new bugs, which the game is rife with already.

How awesome would it be to run into cougars in the forest or to see crocodiles lazing on a coastline somewhere?

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I agree with this, and I think that, not every specy appear on the game, so these animals may exist on Istaria, even if they don't appear in game.
    When will we have Ferocious Cats using Meoww VI?

Thread Information