Thread: FID and 2guD

Default FID and 2guD

<The following story is one I thought would be fun because of the character contrast. I have Fid's permission to use the character.>

Fid heard reports of skulks making travel to Bristugo dangerous. Being a warrior, he thought he would lend an arm to protect the empire road.

"Mine simple skill be of little import shouldst thou compare it unto heroes of the realm," he told Private Elissa Malna. "An yet, I wouldst assist where I might for one as lovely as thee." He gave a flourished bow while the Sable Shores guard giggled with pleasure at his formal manner. As he straightened, a human woman dressed in tight black leather walked up to them.

"H1! 1 h3rd 1 cn g3+ B1G $$ hlpg u," the woman addressed Elissa. "OMG 1 w@n $$. W@t u n33d?" She punched the air with a sturdy mace to emphasize her willingness to earn a reward.

The guard’s mouth dropped open at the strange speech; Elissa closed it, cleared her throat, and explained about the skulk menacing the road between Sable Shores and Bristugo.

"Gr8!" proclaimed the woman. "Pwn+ wh3r3, LOL!" At that, Fid bowed before the newcomer and introduced himself.

"Mine name doth be Fid," the honorable fighter began. "I dost seek to clear yonder roadway as well. Wouldst thou honor an simple fighter such as mineself with thine company at the task?"

It was the newcomer's turn to drop her jaw. She turned to the guard.

"OMFG 1z h3 4rl?"

Elissa cleared her throat and frowned before responding, "As real as you are."

"ROFLMAO!" The leather-clad woman laughed in amusement at Fid’s accent. The stalwart man took no offense; he had been mocked many times before and had become inured to it. The woman caught her breath and replied directly to him. "K, l3+z hun7."

"Shouldst we battle side by side, I wouldst fain know what to call thee," Fid said as they began to walk down the road together.

"N@m3z 2guD 2b7ru, LOL." replied the woman. "U cn c@ll m3 2guD. 1m cl3r1c. U?"

"I dost be but an simple fighter," explained Fid.

"Gr8! U @tt@k, 1'll h3@l u, k?"

"As milady doth wisht." The two proceeded into the forested stretch of highway and soon encountered skulks that tried to waylay them. Fid’s sword arm proved strong enough to take them down with 2guD’s healing and bashing assistance. The cleric immediately pounced on the fallen skulks and ripped what loot she could find off of them.

"W007! Th1z'll s3ll gud @ c0nn13," she exclaimed with satisfaction, pocketing what she found. Fid raised his eyebrows but said nothing; belatedly, 2guD remembered him. "O d1d u w@n7 sum?"

"Thou art welcome unto all thou wouldst keep," responded the honorable man. "Mine service unto the empire doth be all the reward I dost seek."

"U R t0t@lly gr8! 1 sh00d hun7 w/U m0r, LOLZ!" 2guD happily picked up her club and cast buffs on Fid for the next battle. Between the two of them, they quickly cleared the highway for travelers once again. Returning to Sable Shores, they reported in to the private.

"U sh00d@ s33n 1t!" 2guD gushed at Elissa proudly. "OMG w3 k1kd @ss! N0 m0r3 skulkz @b0u7 2 k1ll @ny1 th3r3 n0w! F1d wuz gr8 2!" The warrior blushed, pleased, as the guard raised her eyebrows and looked to Fid for his opinion.

"Lady 2b7ru doth be an tremendous asset unto the empire," Fid informed Private Malna. "Cert didst she prevent mine death upon numerous occasions, an her arm doth thump down mightily upon her foes." Elissa nodded at both of the adventurers, impressed.

"Thank you for helping protect the empire so capably," the private told them. "If you are interested in doing more to help the empire, I’m sure that Sergeant Bramdin Jonis in Bristugo can use your skills." She gave them each their promised reward and a letter of recommendation to show the sergeant.

"Sw33+!" 2guD nearly danced with glee at her reward. "L3tz g0 F1d, r3wrdz R c@llng!"

"As Milady doth lead, so dost I follow," Fid bowed in reply. With that, they set off for more adventure.

Default Re: FID and 2guD

I suppose I should have put in some translation notes for my version of l337 speak.
    Mostly I spelled things phonetically with letter substitutions: @ for a, 3 for e, 1 for i, 0 for o, and 7 or + for t. Gr8 = great, U = you, 2 = to or too, 4rl = for real; often z is used instead of s.

I hope that helps!
    1 h0p3 7h@7 h3lpz!

Thread Information