Thread: what the ...

Default what the ...

i just got let go from my job after 2 days. ...this was a job so easy a baby can do it.

i aint allowed to have a job anymore.

(this was a job through a Temp. service agency.)

Default Re: what the ...

If you don't mind my asking....

Let go, for what reason?

I don't want to pry into your personal life, but surely there had to be a reason? Not trying to accuse you of anything, just color me curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    If you don't mind my asking....

Let go, for what reason?

I don't want to pry into your personal life, but surely there had to be a reason? Not trying to accuse you of anything, just color me curious.

they didn't give one. o.O

I hate to hear that Rom.

Most states are "Fire at will" meaning they don't need a reason to fire you. I don't think it's right at all. If you're going to let me go, you better have a darn good reason to do so!

I dunno where you live, but here in the USA, I coulda sworn there was some kind of "Wrongful Termination" law, where an Employer -must- have a valid reason for terminating an employee.

I've heard such being discussed at work now-and-then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will_employment explains the "fire at will" stuff.

Wrongful dismissal/termination can only be used if the employer fires you because of your race/sex/etc (discrimination), breaches in contracts, or any other illegal reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Reckless View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/At-will_employment explains the "fire at will" stuff.

Wrongful dismissal/termination can only be used if the employer fires you because of your race/sex/etc (discrimination), breaches in contracts, or any other illegal reasons.
    Wrongful termination only applies if you have a contract to be paid additional monies for future work and are not allowed to complete your contractual agreement or if you are trying to collect unemployment benefits.

If you file for unemployment and claim wrongful termination, the employer will have to give a satisfactory reason or contribute to your unemployment compensation.

Yeah, no, in most of the United States you can get fired because your boss decided he didn't like your haircut. It has its good and bad points-- if they CAN'T fire you for any reason they please (barring serious discrimination) it tends to lead to employers having their hands tied such that it's next to impossible to get rid of anyone, no matter how awful or worthless they are; a complaint I hear tossed around about public servants. On the other hand... yeah, you parted your hair on the wrong side today, that's a firin'.

Regardless, I'm sorry to hear about it I hope something good comes along soon!

That really Sucks Romi... I hope you can find something that WILL keep you. My job is not exactly wonderful but... at least I have it...
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

aaww no! that sucks Romi! D: the economy`s terrible. :P
    hope you`ll get another job soon bud!

Thread Information