Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MMORPG.com and their "top crafting systems"

Default Re: MMORPG.com and their "top crafting systems"

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    And when I'm in that "I hate the world" mood, there's nothing as soothing as hauling out my cargo disk and mindlessly moving rocks around while I alt-tab to... read something, watch a show, watch a movie, listen to music, browse some forums, work on my massive Horizons spreadsheet, write a blog post, doodle in Photoshop, tessellate in Illustrator, make a new sig, something, anything besides deal with people.
    Tend to agree with you here. The only problem that I have with the current system in terms of being semi-afk is that I am still forced to run from node to node every 150'ish resources. Would rather have a field filled with rich nodes and multiple motherlodes. Gathering goes a lot faster without so much running from node to node.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Sorry, this is a pet peeve with me and I will respond when I'm attacked as a player of MANY other games.

As a sidenote not specificly for just this thread, but all other threads on this forum:
    I do not like WoW as a game, but respect that other people might like cartoon’ish characters and have fun with powerleveling, kill stealing and all that sort of crap, but I dislike more the constant praising about it on this forum which should be dedicated to Istaria, not WoW. You do not constantly see me praising the SWG I used to play before the game was screwed up many years ago. Many things were better in that game then compared to EVE online, WoW, LoTR online, CoH/V and yes in a lot of ways even Istaria.
    I don't do any of those things in WoW, but I sure appreciate you assuming that I "enjoy that sort of crap". As Dhalin already stated, this comment in this thread is highly inaccurate since this thread is specfiically about ALL games' craft systems and not just Istaria's. The comparisons are brought up for a reason, wether to poke out strengths or weaknesses of Istaria (and both are mentioned when compared to WoW and other games). Sorry you seem to find it offensive that other people find merit in different systems.

Like I stated before I was not only talking about this thread. I merely stated that I see way to much references and praises in multiple threads on this forum. I can understand that you do not agree with me, but as far as I am concerned this is Istaria formerly known as Horizons and not another forum for WoW worshipping.
    As someone who comments in those other threads about WoW I didn't think a single other one of them was ONLY about Istaria. I also wonder if you even read what we post, because certainly they aren't all "worshipping" (and in this thread as well). I don't bring up any other game unless the subject is something that is comparing ABC in Istaria with other games, or discussing how other games acheive the same ends - etc.

In order to discuss comparisons with current market options you include current market options in those discusions. WoW in part of that current market. Dead games are also apart of the "growth" of the genre and to me - your comments about SWG or any game (wether you still play or not) are worthy in such a discussion. The genre ever evolves and EVERY game builds on every other game (except maybe UO though it certainlyu built on other games from other side-genres ).

Thus in threads that get into how various games do things - they aren't "just about Istaria" anymore. If you don't appreciate it, don't read them.

Last but not least… I will not praise a games coolness, because if it was cool enough to brag about I would play that game and not spread the word like a Jehova’s Witness on the forums of other games.
    I do play the game. WHy are you assuming we're all talking about games we don't play, or don't play any longer? I'm playing WoW right now while posting this (Yup, Archeology lol). I also keep and play a current subscription to EQII at the same time with my Istaria and WoW account. I am also cocurrently beta testing RIFT. I have paid and played in the past Warhammer, AoC, LOTR, and beta tested many others.

In threads whihc are discussing and comparing/contrasting various ways variou games do thing s- all these things are relevant. Just because you didnt like the game when you played it doesn't mean it shouldn't be mentioned when discussing various aspects of various games. I noticed you didn't rant about the mention of EQII or EVE or any other game in this thread. Games that have also been discussed in OTHER threads on this forum.

Unless you're speaking in rant forums, I don't remember a single other thread where WoW or any other game is brought up in a case where the thread was really only about "Istaria" and nothing else. Rant forums..well that's different .

Sorry, its a pet peeve of mine when people from any other game insult the players of another game. But if you wish to continue this discussion further, you can PM me as I won't hijack the thread any longer with my own personal pet peeve issues .
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Thicklesip View Post
    Dhalin, I know you're almost certainly not trying to speak for everyone, but personally? I am pretty @#$% misanthropic. Sometimes I want to chat with my friends, no doubt about it, but at least as frequently I don't. And when I'm in that "I hate the world" mood, there's nothing as soothing as hauling out my cargo disk and mindlessly moving rocks around while I alt-tab to... read something, watch a show, watch a movie, listen to music, browse some forums, work on my massive Horizons spreadsheet, write a blog post, doodle in Photoshop, tessellate in Illustrator, make a new sig, something, anything besides deal with people.

Again, I'm sure you're not trying to invoke the silent majority, I just wanted to point out that there is at least one person who is happy that the crafting system gives them semi-AFK time, and is happy to fill such time with solo activities.
    what thick sez goes for me too...
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

personally, i don't give 2 shites about what other peeps play, and i have no prob with them talking about it in these forums.
    i learn something new, and if i don't want to read the thread (the spore one that was hot a while back springs to mind - i hate ea with a passion that is deep as oceans and wide as space), i don't.

if it doesn't concern you, i don't see the point in letting it concern you.
    i have played wow, i don't like it - but if there is a convo about istaria where valid comparisons can be made, what's the harm?
    if someone comes here and posts that wow is the mostest awesome game ever, and that istaria is not worthy to lick its boots - i would be mad, i would prolly say something (hopefully a little more restrained than in the past! ), but would i get upset about the post itself being in an istarian forum? nope.

the thing i love best about this place is the community. we don't all get along all the time, but we all let the others have their say, even if we violently disagree. cause that's what family does, you know!

I do know Cheese Queen and I agree. WE ARE FAMILY! ALL MY DRAGONS AND NAKA AND ME! *sings* lol

From my own POV I dont come from a tone of bashing or praising or even trying to argue and prove anyoen "right" or "wrong". I talk to discuss, I discuss to simply discuss some more. I know that sometimes pepole think that's me trying to convince others of something - but truly I am not.

I converse for discussions sake - and its why I can spend 5 hours debating zombie survival plans, MMORPG games, or the significance of Jon Stewart to the public media. I engage in discourse for the pleasure of engaging in discourse - and never hardly ever do I mean nor intend to try and "convince" someone of something. Because I'm totally fine with agreeing to disagree and just discussing points....

And..well...that is just wandering off topic..lol.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

hey, i get all my news from jon stewart and the colbert report - if it ain't important enough to laugh at, i ain't interested.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    For T6 maybe.

Or maybe T5.

But do you have any *idea* how long it would take to gather/process "large amounts" of T5 with no (or outdated) techs on your gear, especially if you happen to be a dragon? T6 is virtually impossible without tech'd gear, and a lot of T5/T6 is guarded anyways, unless they changed that very recently.
    Quite the opposite actually. Those that are crafting and still leveling T5/T6 REALLY don't want to go back to tiers 1 and 2. They are quite happy still seeing dings at whatever tier they are at but wait, you need both the tier you are working on and the tier below to make any tiered dragon structure. Plus having to dig out yet another T1 structure to get to what you can actually get xp on? Needing every single resource just to get to it? Nuuuuu....

Yea Shian, that's exactly why I'd end up quitting the game if they ever started enforcing the vault limits.

Dragon crafting, and the necessity to keep two tiers of resources around to finish any one tier of buildings, and the necessity to have tier I resources around to finish the connection points - is why my Vault is far far far far beyond capacity.

But if I have to destroy units I have "extra" of, I'll just give up the ghost at that point. Its already mind-boggling-boring for me, so that little perk of at least finishing SOME units on another chamber I get to later on with units I built a month or two or 6 ago just helps...lol.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Thread Information