Thread: Blight Delta 197

Default Blight Delta 197

Blight Update 197 will be applied to the Blight Testing Shard on Friday, February 11th and includes the following additions, changes, and fixes. Please use this thread to post bugs only. Do not use it for discussion of changes. Non-relevant posts will be moved and/or deleted.

Changes

• Northern Deadlands has had many "empty" areas filled in. In addition the undead in that area now spawn in level ranges rather than always at the same level. Undead under level 50 now have treasure which differs from undead level 50 and up is intended.
    • Lowered the spawn quantities and spawn rate of Ogre Rock Haulers, Zombie Laborers and Abomination Task-Masters within the Staging Grounds.
    • High Soothsayer Digda now spawns on his own in the center of the Bloodskulk Village.
    • Cleaned up the spawns of the Bloodskulk Village. Added more spawn regions, but fewer overlaps and longer respawn times.
    • Modified spawns of Desert Wolves in Barasavian Desert and near New Rachival. The packs around New Rachival are now much smaller. But in the Barasavian Desert there are many more wolves overall than previously. Sinth will also now only spawn in the Barasavian Desert itself, not near New Rachival.
    • Many guards around Istaria are no longer active as guards.

Fixes

• Formulatron in Dalimond will now accept coin when selling Mystery Boxes.
    • Mystery Boxes can now be used without needing a Formulatron Token.
    • Fixed a broken chat link in Krianos' dialog.
    • Skalkaar Hatchling Scale formula now has a coin value so Geoff will sell it.
    • Removed no-treasure from Gigaroth's loot tables, lowered the maximum of common tables to 4 (they were at 7, which was higher than his max number of pulls), rares to 2, and increased his specific table to 40%.
    • Pouch Patterns are no longer attuned.
    • Carrion crawlers now have proper skills up to level 140 as well as proper resistances.
    • Fafnir the Defiler once again has a chance to drop special hides desired at the Imperial Outpost.
    • Valkor the Impaler no longer has a no-treasure chance and his chance to drop his rare specific loot is higher.
    • Cenotaph monsters will no longer spawn with Digda or Bulok the Bloodskulks.
    • Reklar Plaguebearer no longer has a no-treasure chance and his chance to drop his rare specific loot is higher.

Default Re: Blight Delta 197

The formulatron works as advertised. The technotron, the techs generate: you do not meet the requirements to use this item. The prices seem awful high. 250s for a random t V tech or form seems way to high to me.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Quote Originally Posted by Grodec View Post
    The formulatron works as advertised. The technotron, the techs generate: you do not meet the requirements to use this item. The prices seem awful high. 250s for a random t V tech or form seems way to high to me.
    *bangs head on desk* Got em. Will hopefully be one super small delta shortly.

Prices are set where we want them. Yes, they are high. This is meant to provide a market for Adventurers.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

When I go to deconstruct one of the new colored backpack pouches, it lists 0 in all the resources and the deconstruct button is greyed out.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 12th, 2011 at 11:31 AM.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Not directly related to this delta, but maybe to the loot revamp;

- Kwellen hides (quest versions) are attuned on loot. This kinda is 'junk loot' for the players who already did the quest as they got no use for this item and cant even sell it.
    Unattune them please, or make them only drop when the appropriate quest is active.
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Not sure it was in this patch or another. But everytime you cast a spell bolt of anykind, or any spell at all, you have some stars comming "out" of you. See on picture. Not looking good. Used to only be at healing spells

Best Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Abbie: 100 Sorcerer, 100 Wizard, 100 Conjurer, 100 Chaos Warrior

Also seem video is acting strange portals in brisrg are hump spinning and running is really strange like 5 fps type effects

Quote Originally Posted by Grodec View Post
    When I go to deconstruct one of the new colored backpack pouches, it lists 0 in all the resources and the deconstruct button is greyed out.
    This is not a bug. They are not meant to be deconstructable.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Just a brief note on the Desert Wolf spawns, especially near New Rachival. After some testing this morning, the spawns are better, but in some places still not where they should be. Will work on fixing this for a future delta.

Northern Deadlands;

- Good to see the huge spawn on the middle of the road being spread out now
    - Nice to see the mobs spawn at the west entrance
    - Some area's still feel a bit empty
    - Missing spiders & blights (beside frost / ice) in this area (most WA regions seem to have them)

The "blights" for T3 are the frost and ice blights. Not sure what else you might be looking for but both do exist.

Redbacked spiders are on the north western "side" of the Deadlands. They're kind of "off on the edge" in the area that already had hanging spider nests.

Edit 1):
    Just completed The Lone Wolf quest, but Guard "Elainor" at New Trismus still shows her quest bubble above her head.
    If you haven't completed the quest but need to talk to her, there's a new feature where NPC's will have an icon over their head to indicate "I am the one you need to talk to". My guess is that this is what you're seeing.
    Last edited by Velea; February 12th, 2011 at 06:10 PM.

Quest: Plundered Tombs: The Ritual of Eternal Rest
    Step: Aquire ten (10) Pale Essence Orbs for the Ritual of Eternal rest 0/10

The step wont update after creating the required amount of orbs. A dirty workaround is to buy them of a consigner.

Edit 1)
    Only Torrash seems to drop the "Fragmented Soul Shard" that's being referred to in this quest. Killed like 2 dozen of the regular Ancient Burial Guardian's but those dont seem to drop any.

Got it. Thanks.

Edit 2)
    Quests "Cleric's Tower: A Fragmented Soul" and "Plundered Tombs: The Ritual of Eternal Rest" conflict. They both require they same item. But you can only loot it - once - when both quests are active. This mean you break one of the quests.

Looking into this. Will probably change one of the quests, dont' have a good solution otherwise.

Edit 3)
    I cant seem to complete "Plundered Tombs: The Ritual of Eternal Rest". This is when I have all items in my inventory the quest requires (including the Fragmented Soul Shard). The quest says "Return with the ingredients to Bischop Ronae il'Tor at the Cleric's Tower", but he aint accepting it.

You have to have 10 Pale Essence Orbs, 10 Blessed Water, 1 Fragmented Soul Shard and the Crystal Flask in your inventory (not in a protected bag) for it to continue.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 18th, 2011 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakoren Ironhand View Post
    Edit 3)
    I cant seem to complete "Plundered Tombs: The Ritual of Eternal Rest". This is when I have all items in my inventory the quest requires (including the Fragmented Soul Shard). The quest says "Return with the ingredients to Bischop Ronae il'Tor at the Cleric's Tower", but he aint accepting it.
    *corrects* Can complete it - just need to unequip the Crystal Flask. Might be worth adding that to the quest log.

Edit 1)
    Crystal of Eternal Rest - This item looks seriously wrong - more like an unedited copy of the Wolf's Bane Crystal.

Fixed the tint.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 18th, 2011 at 12:42 PM.

Last one for today...

1) Broken Weapons CAN be dyed. But broken jewelry CANT be dyed.

I am unable to find anything wrong with them. They are setup exactly as the non-broken jewelry (same keywords, everything).

2) Tech kit: Spiritual Matters, so doesn't do what it claims to do.
    Description says: + 7 spirit, + 100 Ethereal Armor, the same detail dialogue says it adds + 100 ethereal armor and + 15 spirit resistance.

Upon applying it, it adds; +25 Ethereal Armor and +7 Spirit

Got it.

Edit 1):
    Just completed The Lone Wolf quest, but Guard "Elainor" at New Trismus still shows her quest bubble above her head.
    If you haven't completed the quest but need to talk to her, there's a new feature where NPC's will have an icon over their head to indicate "I am the one you need to talk to". My guess is that this is what you're seeing.
    After seeing this also happening with the Plundered Tomb quest series, I decided to test a bit with it. Currently the client (atleast Alpha client) doesnt recognise this. Once I go out of range, so the NPC unloads, and I go back in range then the bubble above the NPC's head is gone. (I do am talking that I see the bubble - after - i completed the whole quest and the NPC doesnt have any quests for me to complete)
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; February 18th, 2011 at 12:55 PM.

Thread Information