Thread: Old comps .and the new comps

Default Old comps .and the new comps

hellos ^^ i am in need of some help .. after coming back to the game after all most a yr .. only to find that Many of my old comps are nolonger ues and are outdated .. and have been replaced with a nother kind of comp. i know of the npc i talk to in birs . but i dont know what ones have replaced what. i am hopping that some one may ahve a list of what replaces what .?
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Default Re: Old comps .and the new comps

Every comp shows which technique it is applied to, even the ones on the exchange vendor. You can only trade obsolete comps, the ones from undead which are no longer comps.

many of the old ones that are outdated dont have what ..stuff on them that thay did ? hard to typ it out rihgt but the outdated ones have nothing under the tech stuff . and or say where i can trun them in but doest say what they did b4 the ..comp was outdated ..
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

..bahh i just confudded my self .. XD .. just i dont rember what they had on thme b4 the revamp stuff

HCC shows the old tech comp uses
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

i have that but .. i'm a littel confuzzd in how to ues it .. and . where do u find the list of the comps ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenia View Post
    many of the old ones that are outdated dont have what ..stuff on them that thay did ? hard to typ it out rihgt but the outdated ones have nothing under the tech stuff . and or say where i can trun them in but doest say what they did b4 the ..comp was outdated ..
    It doesn't matter what the comp did before it was outdated - it's no longer used in that technique, and the techniques have entirely new component lists.

Your best bet is to go talk to Nadia in Bristugo and trade all your old comps for new ones that list current techniques you need - you're not limited to exactly-equal "this comp used to be in Strength III so you have to get another Strength III comp" - you can trade it for a comp that will let you do Primal Range III instead.
    - Kesqui - Formerly of Ice, now of Chaos, lair in Liak
    First Rebirth 12-12-2003 / Ascended to Ancient 12-12-2010

Skype me Helle- will explain to you:-)

And C`gan wrote something about that, that helps much.
    Could not find atm- ask him ingame
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Hellenia, I'll be happy to help if I can.

What you're wanting to know is what new components have replaced which old components. I don't think anyone's quite compiled a list of that yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out someone's already working on it.

Using the HCC, you can plan out the order you want to make. The trick is, in reports, generate Order only, so it shows the pieces and the techs placed on them. You'll want to count up how many times a tech is used on that report (I prefer pencil and paper for this one). Then, in game in the crafting window, you'll want to pull up an item that you can tech with each tech you want to use. Thus far, this is the best route to get to what the new components are. (There have been mercifully few instances where a tech's description (techniques tab, right click on the tech itself and choose Details) is different with the crafting window. Amon very much appreciates those being reported so the team can get them fixed.) On your list, write down the new components and how many of each you need. Once you tally up that list, you'll be ready to take your outdated components to Nadia and trade for the new ones.

As for the trade with Nadia, I have a guide posted at http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=24045
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

There's no direct replacement of this comp for that.

Like blue fringe used to be in accuracy V, and what else focus V (guessing)

Both of those techs now take new, different parts.

i.e. There's no point in someone attempting to build a list of what equals the old, it would be a big mess that would just confuse you more than anything.

We've been told that Nadia, the exchange NPC, will not be going anywhere. Just exchange comps as needed.

Thread Information