Thread: Can someone please explain this for Me!!

Nostra

Default Can someone please explain this for Me!!

I have been with horizons since beta ended. I have been having more and more problems getting into and staying in the game than i did in the Beginning. I have reduced my Graphics to the lowest level , tryed to lower my crashes by turning off sound. But to no avail, i still get numerous CDT's and longer waits to get position and different queue's started.

Now i was invited to do a Stress Test for a week on WOW.. There were several thousand new people doing the test, plus the normal testers. I logged in, name and password, bam, game was running fine in less than 5 sec. I was loaded and playing..now i did encounter a little lag when entering a city with hundreds standing around and dancing was the order of the day.. Not one, i say Not ONE CDT....... I logged at several times because of limited play, had full graphics on, and sound and it seemed so effortless..

I guess what I am asking is how can this new game run so smoothly, while we continue to have more problems ??

Drachnyen

Default Re: Can someone please explain this for Me!!

have you tried dumping out the stuff in the cache folder yet? that usually fixed most load lag problems

Zor

It can be many things:

1) Luck [6]
    2) Different server configuration
    3) Different game engine
    4) Different developers
    5) Developed by a company with plenty of $

Take your pick or add your own [H]

Blue_Moonrider

I think you are also running into the niche game problem, ei. there is not a huge following of HZ currently so the cash base to fix these problems doesn't exist which prevents players from joining. Long story short this cycle slows game growth. Don't know why you are getting CTDs as most people seem to have no problems in this area. Also, queues have disappeared entirely for me and now that connection difficulties have been fixed I have no technical difficulties with horizons on mostly full graphics. Just wondering but what are your sys. specs?

imported_tramsan

One common cause of CTDs are, as noted above, the world cache. Why they haven't addressed this yet, well, I have no idea. =)

Anyway, try -deleting- the -directory- \horizons\world_cache\<shard>horizons
    If the crashes persist, file a support ticket about it and note that you're willing to supply crash logs about it.

Thread Information