Thread: teleport fix?

Default teleport fix?

not sure if this will fix the issue or not but it seems im the only one around that is not effected by the teleport window issue. i noticed that the teleportwindow.def file when I patched my back up client is from last month while mine on the client i did not patch is from a few years back so it was recently changed for this patch that went live let me know if this fixxes it or not ill keep looking for a reason why I am not effect by this error

https://s3.amazonaws.com/hpmss-24ade...portWindow.def

put in RO folder....keep a note that it is their for when the next patch comes and remove this file, it may be fixed by them

Default Re: teleport fix?

on a second note, it might be best if you put it directly here

Istaria\resources\interface\themes\default\defs

i know their are some weird things that come up when trying to modify the interface and for most people it only seems to work when you override the original file

Well, the destination order was changed since I logged in after the patch, but I am able to resort list(s). Replacing the file you posted does not restore the order that I had previously though.

Weird.

OK i think i found it now

give this file a try its a older version of the istaria.exe

https://s3.amazonaws.com/hpmss-24ade...es/istaria.exe

this does not go in the resource or resource overfolder but just in your main istaria folder

please ignore the first link i posted

To remove this downloaded from your game simply run the patcher and it will get you the current file

The other night I was playing on temp pc that was patched with the current istaria.exe and I noticed something strange as I was fighting my dragons would run in circles around the mob, but after I installed the older istaria.exe that issue went away. So another point for why you should install the older.exe

Also I here alot of people saying they are ctd I have yet to experience this with the older istaria.exe

The running in circles around a combat target I noticed the other day myself.

However I believe VI are aware of the issues and trying to fix them.

Just to give my opinion on this :P

I had a situation at work yesterday where some changes were put onto a live environment and caused lots of issues. After a 10 minute phonecall I had told the people involved to reverse the changes and rollback to an older version to keep the environment running.

The same thing can apply here, if the client has so many issues at present, then it should be rolled back to a more stable version, until the issues with the current client build can be addressed. Leaving players using a sub standard client is not a good thing to do.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing
    The running in circles around a combat target I noticed the other day myself.

However I believe VI are aware of the issues and trying to fix them.

Just to give my opinion on this :P

I had a situation at work yesterday where some changes were put onto a live environment and caused lots of issues. After a 10 minute phonecall I had told the people involved to reverse the changes and rollback to an older version to keep the environment running.

The same thing can apply here, if the client has so many issues at present, then it should be rolled back to a more stable version, until the issues with the current client build can be addressed. Leaving players using a sub standard client is not a good thing to do.
    Agreed. The current client is so bad that IMO it will damage the playing experience of any new players that try out the game. I think the worst thing that you can do in an MMO is to allow performance issues at this level to continue for a minute longer than possible and expect to retain players new to the game.

I also do not understand why you don't put the old client back until a stable one is thoroughly tested and released. I can't imagine how this client even got pushed to the live shards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Well i tried the new istaria.exe the running in circles is still their and portals still out of order. For some one who gets vertigo very easy the running in circles gets me dizzy very fast to the point i cant play.

I spoke with Amon a few weeks ago, and he told me how to fix the listings on the teleport gates so that they show alphabetical without having to click the Destination button.

The path is Istaria/resource/interface/themes/default/defs/UITeleportWindow.def

Right click the file and click on Edit.

Find the section with "string Title = Destination"

Verify/change the following lines:

bool Sizable = true
    bool SortAsc = true
    bool DefaultSortColumn = true

This will need to be redone each time the game patches.
    I never met a gnome I didn't like. For tender morsels they are!

Quote Originally Posted by Draeconis View Post
    This will need to be redone each time the game patches.
    It should not if you place the edited file in resources_override folder (the cleanest way would be to put it in resources_override\resources\interface\themes\defa ult\defs).
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

Thread Information