Thread: Unusual Problems

Default Unusual Problems

A little background:

Between my wife and I, we own 3 plots (The 2 between the Heather Destination Pad and the Heather Gate, and the one directly South of the Heather Gate). We have been building on them for the past few weeks.

The problems:

Sunday, while doing construction on one of them, I lost the ability to target some of the scaffolding. I was able to target others, though. When I attempted to open storages on our other 2 plots, I found that I could not even target most of them. When I hovered and clicked, I would target a plot, or lair, some distance away. It's like our buildings/silos don't exist. My characters can walk through the walls/floors, and even some of the trees on the world terrain. The vault that is on another plot is accessible, but again, the building seems to not exist, as I can walk through the walls and floor.

Another thing I've noticed: When I first log on, I can usually access all of the storages on our two "main" plots, but when I go to our third plot, I can only access some of the storages there, while the others are not target-able. When I go back to our "main" plots, I am unable to target most, if not all, of them. Also when this happens, I can't target, or get the destination menu from the teleportation gate.

As far as I can tell, this is isolated to Heather. I haven't noticed any odd activity in the world cities or player towns.

I have cleared my world cache twice, deleted the resource folder, and ran the full file scan twice to replace the deleted resource files. This problem persists.

The only add-on I am using is the map-pack.

I think that covers everything.
    I never met a gnome I didn't like. For tender morsels they are!

Default Re: Unusual Problems

From the sound of it, this behavior may be similar to the one described in this thread. The only thing I know of that seems to help is to relog.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I believe I had a friend who's silos would act strangely in the same manner- as in not being selectable and acting as if they weren't there. It's been a while but I think the way we "fixed" it was by making sure the max view was set to minimum before porting to his place. So maybe try different view settings (min-max) and seeing if that helps?

I lurk within the depths of your mind, for I am INSANITY!

Not a view distance issue. Tested that.

Relogging, only allowed me access to one plot. I had to relog 8 times in order to do some work on a neighboring lair. If I opened a silo, I could not even enter the lair next door to use the crystal shaper. If I went into the lair first, I couldn't access my storages. My wife ended up "shuttling" resources to me.

Figured enough was enough. Completely uninstalled/removed, and reinstalled. Saved my prefs and resource override files in a backup. Reinstalled, and still had the same issue. Removed my resource override files and everything worked fine. Compared my files with my wife's, and found a rogue command string at the end. I don't recall what it was now, though. But it didn't exist in my wife's files. Deleted that line, and the game's been working correctly.
    I never met a gnome I didn't like. For tender morsels they are!

Thread Information