Thread: "What do you looking for" -Board

Default "What do you looking for" -Board

As a hunter i don't like to hunt something and put the comps in a consigner that no one want. Well, we should do the opposite!

First, create something like a consigner. In my case, a Board:

You can click and greet or Trade it. However, a new window is opening like this:

Here you are able to see what other players need and how much they would pay to you. Once "Approved", it will appear in your active Quest window.
    So, let's try to show/edit/create your own Order :

Here you can see your own orders. I.e. I need only one Nickel Golem Fragment and pay 100s for that. Click "Edit Order" to set a new price or change the quantity of the component. Below, you're able to write a small note to the other players. Okay, let's do a new Order - click "Create Order". Next window appear:

Here you can select one type of item and tier to set a specific filter for the next window:

Here you can select the item you seek, set quantity and set the price you want to pay. Click Approve to create the new order.

So far so good, once you have approved someones Order and collected all stuff, you go back to the board and you see under "Orders done" your finished order:

Click once to "Close Order" and you will receive the money and the components flows into the creators vault.

Well, that was five hours of work to manipulate those pictures for only one suggestion ^^
    but hey, a picture is worth a thousand words. so maybe someone has better ideas to improve this idea

Greetings
    Vasilios

Default Re: "What do you looking for" -Board

Vasilios that is brilliant!

Thaalia of Order

Vasi- this is a master-piece!

I would love to see this implemented!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

aye, this suggestion is a repeatedly-requested one, has been for years.

Some way in game of listing a "want-ads" basically, so people who do the hunt know what is needed and can supply and make money that way.

I love the edited screenies - a great way to show the suggestion off!

Unfortunatelky, when similiar ideas have been requested in the past the devs have always said that its not possible. But perhaps your screenies can point them in directions they didn't think about before?! Perhaps they can figure out a way to make this somehow work given our old-hamster-engine limitations.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

The suggestion is nice, but what happens if a other player completes meanwhile the same order you are doing? Will it then vanish, gray out? Or when a player takes a order the others cant take it anymore? But that would lead to more problems, since players could just take all orders to cut other players out and don't fulfill them. Unless they "expire" after 24 hours and you have them go back to the board.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Yeah, taking it as a 'quest' wouldn't work for the resons Takora mentioned. You would have to acquire the requested item(s) first and then have the Fulfill Order screen more like a trade window.
    Being self-sufficient isn't being able to do everything; rather, self-sufficiency is the art of surviving on that which you are able to do for yourself.

As nice as it is, photoshopping and actually coding something like this is worlds apart.
    Been suggested many times over the years so hopefully it is on some pony list somewhere.

From a functionality point of view I can see it working because it can use already existing actions that quests can do.

However it would require a dynamic quest creation system such as the one that was proposed by tulga just before the sale. Thats quite a bit of development time.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Or better yet just let us post a message on a bulletin board so we can tpye are message and it be posted for say a week or until it is removed by poster

Default Wiiiin!

If the Op's suggestion could be done then I am behind it 100%.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Thread Information