Thread: Drop Rate of Forms/Techs on NT

Default Drop Rate of Forms/Techs on NT

I spent a number of hours on a lowbie character trying to find something on New Trismus that drops formulas and techniques. I tried sand pygmies and probably almost every type of undead on the island. After all that time, I found a grand total of one formula and one technique, and both were dropped off a named WA mob. Parry I dropped off of the Grand Magus, and Beginner Spell: Flame Ward off of the Reanimator.

...I don't know if it's intended that it be almost impossible for a character on NT to find forms/techs, but I know that if I were a new player, I would find it very disheartening that I cannot even try to find a tech or form that I need there.

On the other hand.. I found probably 60,000+ points worth of hoard items.

I don't know if this is the general trend for all tiers or not, but at least on NT, might I suggest that some of the hoard drop percentage be lessened in favor of higher tech/form drop rates?

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Default Re: Drop Rate of Forms/Techs on NT

You aren't going to find formulas and techniques on New Trismus... not for the most part. And this is intentional.

New Trismus is not a place for experienced players to be going to hunt what they want from T1, which you are. And I think that's one of the misconceptions that players posting here have. New Trimus is not for leveling your second, third, etc, character or school. New Trimus is for new players.

Keep in mind that for the most part truly new players are not going to even know about techniques. And the formulas that they need are all either provided to them or can be purchased.

If you want T1 formulas and techniques, you should be looking to Lesser Aradoth, not New Trismus.

I'm not sure about bipeds, but new dragon players are introduced to techniques on NT during their training quests from Avariatus and Kerian. Also, there is one quest that currently requires a dropped-only formula (because Kerian doesn't sell it), which is the Learn About the Helian Faction one. Kerian does not provide the Beginner Focus Chest Scale formula needed to complete that quest.

But I get what you're basically saying. You guys don't want to over expose the new player to a bunch of concepts at once. I can dig that.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    You aren't going to find formulas and techniques on New Trismus... not for the most part. And this is intentional.

New Trismus is not a place for experienced players to be going to hunt what they want from T1, which you are. And I think that's one of the misconceptions that players posting here have. New Trimus is not for leveling your second, third, etc, character or school. New Trimus is for new players.

Keep in mind that for the most part truly new players are not going to even know about techniques. And the formulas that they need are all either provided to them or can be purchased.

If you want T1 formulas and techniques, you should be looking to Lesser Aradoth, not New Trismus.
    Maybe NT needs to be the place to go for T1? Seems everything but Lairshaping and Conf. (and the "new" features of DCRA and Scholar) can use NT for all T1 needs, and everything on Lesser Aradoth is just too out of the way to be useful for crafting.

My biggest complaint is that T1 azulyte, dark azulyte, and papyrus all are only available in very inconvenient and difficult places to gather from. I can't make scrolls on my biped because I can't safely obtain papyrus, and I can't pop corridors and craft flying disks on my hatchie because I can't reach the azulyte I need to do so. Why is it that basic schools can't make the stuff they're supposed to be able to make (T1 scrolls and flying disks) without leaving NT for some out of the way resource that's near impossible to gather effectively?
    Last edited by Tathar; February 27th, 2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Forgot scholar and flying disks for a moment.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

Quote Originally Posted by Tathar View Post
    Maybe NT needs to be the place to go for T1? Seems everything but Lairshaping and Conf. (and the "new" features of DCRA and Scholar) can use NT for all T1 needs, and everything on Lesser Aradoth is just too out of the way to be useful for crafting.

My biggest complaint is that T1 azulyte, dark azulyte, and papyrus all are only available in very inconvenient and difficult places to gather from. I can't make scrolls on my biped because I can't safely obtain papyrus, and I can't pop corridors and craft flying disks on my hatchie because I can't reach the azulyte I need to do so. Why is it that basic schools can't make the stuff they're supposed to be able to make (T1 scrolls and flying disks) without leaving NT for some out of the way resource that's near impossible to gather effectively?
    Azulyte (and to a lesser extend Dark Azulyte) is easily available at the kion gem mine, on the south side of the kion volcano. If you stay off the path to the north and hug the mountain you will avoid the spiders. The mine itself is monster free.

Quote Originally Posted by Tathar View Post
    Why is it that basic schools can't make the stuff they're supposed to be able to make (T1 scrolls and flying disks) without leaving NT for some out of the way resource that's near impossible to gather effectively?
    While I see your point with scrolls (since I thought that scrolls were what Scholar was supposed to be making from the start now, could be wrong), I don't really see a problem with the materials for flying disks being unavailable on NT. You have to be twenty craft to even use a flying disk, and that's the beginning of T2, way beyond the scope of New Trismus. Same sort of deal with Lairshaping and azulyte.

If Lesser Aradoth is giving you so much trouble, why not try Genevia? I'm not sure papyrus is there, but pretty much everything else for T1 is.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptress View Post
    While I see your point with scrolls (since I thought that scrolls were what Scholar was supposed to be making from the start now, could be wrong), I don't really see a problem with the materials for flying disks being unavailable on NT. You have to be twenty craft to even use a flying disk, and that's the beginning of T2, way beyond the scope of New Trismus. Same sort of deal with Lairshaping and azulyte.

If Lesser Aradoth is giving you so much trouble, why not try Genevia? I'm not sure papyrus is there, but pretty much everything else for T1 is.
    You see, everyone preaches about Genevia, but I went there for some T1 lairshaping once, and I found that:

A). The resources are further away from the machines than NT,
    B). The machines themselves are more spread out than NT,
    C). The entire area from one end to the other is a lot bigger than NT.

Spoken from the perspective of an adult that can fly, who has a T6 bag and a T5 disk.

NT is vastly superior for all lairshaping that does not involve Azulyte.

The two Azylute units, Lattice and Primals, are done west of Parsinia, using the gem mine north of the LA Deadlands, the LA Deadlands for the Azulyte, and the Essence Field nearby for the Essence.

There is no faster way to do T1 lairshaping. Trust me; I tried. The stuff is all spread out simply too far and nobody wants to do extra walking.

Now, if they were to tweak things and make other areas like NT is... well, maybe then we'd have something. But until/unless that happens... NT is -the- place to go for T1 crafting for logistics reasons alone.

Well I've always crafted Tier I out of Parsnia (as an adult flying dragon).

I never really thought of going to NT for the above posted reasons - I'm not a newbie and I shouldn't be taking their stuff lol. I feel bad crafting there because I can clear a field in five minutes and I dont want to leave some new player staring at my big butt who has no busines cxrafting there =D.

Parsnia is really quite easy, even if it has some flight time between the portal itself and some ofthe resources. Sure NT may be closer together but I mean it should be - its for beginners. If I had to run halfway across a continent at level 5 to do anything that would be a game I'd get peeved at real quick.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    NT is vastly superior for all lairshaping that does not involve Azulyte.
    Personally, I can't stand using NT simply because it's all normal nodes. Another reason is that there are no silos at all. Having silos available for doing tricuts is reason enough just by itself to go to Genevia over anywhere else to me.

Also, I disagree a bit with your point A. Essense is a bit spread out, but sandstone is right around the stoneworking machine, ore is right near the smelter, and gems are all near gemcutters, at least as close to the machines as they are on NT.

NT is terrible for lairshaping with the following exceptions:
    -bars from NT and stone from Dali or sandstone bluff for exorcations. That's it. Essence is far too far away to be viable and its required in darn near everything. Also, as Raptress stated, there are only regular nodes, so difficult to do it -very fast- especially with no silos in sight.

-Tricuts are as far away from a portal between Kion volcano and NT, so I just trade between the two when I need different scenery.

For Maelstones and Flowstones, stuff that is complex, Parsinia is king. The only thing I don't do in parsinia is Tricuts and crystal.

The exception to this is when I get crafting fever. Then Genevia is a very nice place to visit to get resources from different scenery.

Thread Information