Thread: Low lvl techs and components

Default Low lvl techs and components

I would like to suggest that variety of techs and components for T1 and T2 be made a lot simpler. I simply do not see any reason for the resistance techs or wards at all and believe for T1-T2 they should be removed completely.

I seriously doubt anyone ever uses them at that level, I'd be tempted to go as far as say remove all the non stat and the basic armor ones as well. Introduce them in higher teirs.

ie for Adventure equipment
    T1-T2 Only has Armor/Stat techs
    T3-T4 Adds weapons/skill techs
    T5+ Has all existing techs

By doing something like this it would make it easier for people to find what they really need when hunting would mean the tech comps could be spread out in a better and more obvious manner.

Personally I think the drop rate for techs and the difficulty in obtaining them much reduced for the lower levels. The gear people use at that level doesn't last very long if you update it when you can.

Default Re: Low lvl techs and components

Tier I, I don't normally bother with. But Tier II and up, I tech most items. With the way most of the mobs are spread out (having to go through mobs 10+ levels over your character in the 10-30's), every little bit helps.

The comp drop rate is awful for a lot, still. Especially the mobs that drop multiple comps. I always seem to get their junk, trophies, or the tech comp I'm not interested in, and in some cases, an empty corpse.
    I never met a gnome I didn't like. For tender morsels they are!

Default Re: Low lvl techs and components

Yeah, T1 I usually don't bother teching anything. There are two sides to this though and they are both valid. I can see and support both sides.

You have the completists who like having T1 techs just to see that they do indeed have everything. (Like who would ever use velocity I spell?)

Then you have realists that are like "What's the point in having something if it doesn't do anything? Take them out so there's room for more loot!"

Thread Information