Thread: Volcano Quest : the sacrificial dagger

Default Volcano Quest : the sacrificial dagger

Hello,

I started the quest to get the Volcano Spell, and got up to where i have to kill 5 Myloc Heirophants and loot one of their sacrificial daggers. I killed 5 of them, but didn't get the dagger, and sat there for a couple hours killing heirophants but still didn't get said dagger. I recall before one of the loot revamps that there was a similar issue the kwellen hides not dropping for the Ceremonial Shield/Scale quest and wondering if the issue is the same with the dagger , or am I just having horrible luck?

Default Re: Volcano Quest : the sacrificial dagger

You're just having horrible luck. It took me in excess of 16 hours to get that thing. Some get it in their first few kills. Bad luck ftw. LOL.

It does currently drop as loot from a Hierophant, but it has a pretty low drop rate. I'll work on it for the next patch.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I've taken 4 toons through that questline and I know what kind of
    frustration that Dagger can cause.

My Dragon took 3 days to find it - 12 hours.
    My Lucky runty-Dorf found it on his 5th Hierophant.
    The other two found in between kill 10 and Kill 30.

Andaras

I just did this part of the quest about a week ago and I got it on about the 10-15th kill. I know of others who have stated they've gotten it around that range of kills too so I'm leaning toward agreeing with the luck thing.

I wouldn't mind seeing the rate of drop upped a little though, usually quests that require a drop from a mod that also has a "kill x amount" in the same step has their drop percentage so that it drops usually within if not immediately after that range.
    Shinobai - 100rng/100hlr/100war/80monk/65dru/80mage/65sprt
    Crimson Dawn - Chaos Shard

Shins Draconic - 100adv/85drc/what's lairshaping?

Thanks everyone for your answers! looks like i have some hunting to do then

Thread Information