Thread: [Closed] Missing Portals

Default [Closed] Missing Portals

On multiple occasions I have recalled (I'm bound to the Human Guild Shrine near the portals in Brist on Chaos) and have everything load normally except the portals. I try recalling again to see if they load and they don't. I've both ran and flown to Dali to see if that portal is there and it is not. The only thing that resolves this issue is a relog.

When it happens is random, it could be after being ingame a short while or a long time. It could be a recall of any reason (death, simple need, etc)

I haven't heard anyone else say anything about this but I'd like to know if I'm the only one and/or why this is happening.
    Shinobai - 100rng/100hlr/100war/80monk/65dru/80mage/65sprt
    Crimson Dawn - Chaos Shard

Shins Draconic - 100adv/85drc/what's lairshaping?

Default Re: Missing Portals

Not really sure why this would happen. Nor how to reproduce it.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I've had this happen a few times too. It's just from this last patch and have seen it no other times. Just the portals are gone. I'm not sure why it happens either.

huh..reminds me of the old missing resource node bug from the artifact days. All of the resource nodes would dissappear and it took a re-log to get them back (thank god that's fixed)

i to have had missing portals happen, for me it only triggers after a recal back to bristgo and all portals in the world go poof. i flew to dalimond that portal was gone and then recalled and the bristgo portals were still gone

I've had this happen only once before, and I'm fairly sure that it was before the last patch, contrary to what Shian is seeing. I was on Skalkaar and I believe I Recalled back to either the shrine there or to the initial bind point you get when you make a dragon character, and when I went to leave the island, the portal was just not there. I left the game on for probably a few hours just to see if it ever appeared, and it never did. I think relogging fixed it though.

I have not seen it happen but for that one time, and I've Recalled from Skalkaar to Skalkaar many times since then, so I have absolutely no idea what might be the cause.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I've had it happen to me for months, however its intermittent and I haven't been able to catch the error. Always happens in Bristugo.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Hasia View Post
    i to have had missing portals happen, for me it only triggers after a recal back to bristgo and all portals in the world go poof. i flew to dalimond that portal was gone and then recalled and the bristgo portals were still gone
    Yeah, this is exactly what I did one of the times it happened to make sure it wasn't only bristugo that the portals were missing from before I posted on here. Happens often enough and only when I recall to brist as well.
    Shinobai - 100rng/100hlr/100war/80monk/65dru/80mage/65sprt
    Crimson Dawn - Chaos Shard

Shins Draconic - 100adv/85drc/what's lairshaping?

I'm on Chaos, and bound in Bristugo, and the travel gates haven't gone missing for me at all, so I can't provide info on this bug.

How intermittent is it? 1 out of 10 ports? 1 out of 100?

Is it happening to anyone not on the Chaos server?
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

I've observed this happening and it's not isolated to Bristugo. However, when it does happen in Bristugo, then it affects all the gates. It's as though the image doesn't load.

I've had this happen in New Rachival. It's extremely intermittent. I think it's related to memory resources. The only option is to relog. It is not from this patch specifically, as in I've seen this happen as long ago as the shard merge. It would require multiple ports/recalls before this happens.

The opposite of this also occurs, where the landing pad never loads, in which case you don't load either .
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quick question. How many of the folks that are experiencing this play with the Loading Screen turned off/disabled?

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Probably about as often as drowning on a port pad. Something really rare.

I play with load screen off.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Quick question. How many of the folks that are experiencing this play with the Loading Screen turned off/disabled?
    *sighs*

I know what's coming now

Can I suggest that VI considers one of the following

Option 1 - Start supporting the loading screen being turned off.

Option 2 - Remove the ability for players to disable the loading screen on the client.

Personally I am not prepared to sit there looking at a loading screen for 5-10+ mins every time I port or recall.

Yes I play with the loading screen off.
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

yes i play witht he loading screens off :P "has lag window open " the loading screen are ..very long and i 'v gotten stuck in loading b4 had to trun off my pc just to get out.. i had missing portls as well but i just got to wait for it to load up . can take a few >_> . i know it may be do to the game still loading in and i'm whanting to port agin . heh i try not to do that . i wait for the game to load in. and than port XD if i dont and it lets me prot the game wont load in on the other side of the port i'd get stuck every thing elc well load in but me and i'd ahve to re-call to get out .:P
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing
    *sighs*

I know what's coming now

Can I suggest that VI considers one of the following

Option 1 - Start supporting the loading screen being turned off.

Option 2 - Remove the ability for players to disable the loading screen on the client.

Personally I am not prepared to sit there looking at a loading screen for 5-10+ mins every time I port or recall.

Yes I play with the loading screen off.
    I only posted in this thread to give more information on the "bug".

I play with loading screen off. I would MUCH rather experience this "bug" than be forced to play with loading screen ON so I don't like Option #2.

I've seen this occur less than 6 times since the game has launched and the very first time it happened was in NR after the shard merge. I'd much rather see this happen once every 8 or so months than have loading screen be forced upon all players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

I am sorry, but until evidence is presented that this occurs with the loading screen turned ON, this is not considered a bug.

Thread Information