I'm not entirely sure about this ones, to be honest, as I can think of a number of inherit problems with it, but I figured I'd make a post anyway.

As I read about this conflict regarding attuned items, some of the reasoning behind it I hear is stuff like storing crafting gear such as the t6 cargo disks. I had an idea that what if, perhaps, you could set a single attuned item of that item type (somehow) to not take up stack space.

For example, say you had 3 attuned t6 cargo disks for whatever reason. You could select 1 of them to essentially be stack and bulk free. But you are only allowed 1 of a particular item ID to do this with, so the remaining 2 attuned cargo disks would act as they normally do.

The database would still have to expand to accommodate the item, but the item won't use up any more stack or bulk in the players inventory/vault. This could be something that may alleviate pressure from storing attuned items while not making unreasonable demands on the database.

Ultimately I'm not really sure on this idea because, as I said, I can think of plenty of problems that could come with it, nor do I have any idea how much of a difference it would actually make and whether it would be worth the time trying to implement it. But I figured I'd at least get the idea out there.