Thread: Primal Bomb

Default Primal Bomb

Spellcaster dragons need some firepower... I've never really played much with bipedal casters but I know one of their main arsenals are bomb spells.

I am aware dragons have a lot of AoE already, but what about a primal bomb spell? Essentially a big bang with a slow recharge accessible before drulkar's wrath...

Default Re: Primal Bomb

K, but make sure to give bipeds an equivalent to gold rage as well then, just to make things fair.

Honestly at this point, unless VI decides to actually add a Gold Burst in some form (that's linked with Gold Rage), in order for casters to really become viable they probably need a separate school.

Adding more spells to their repertoire now will also add them to every dragon, not just casters, since there is no way for the game to tell who actually plays caster and who doesn't. So casters will gain a bomb, but.. so will melee dragons, and thus you get posts like Xarog's up there.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

*Devils advocate mode on*

If a separate Dragon school was added such as Dragon Primalist.

Wouldn't that mean that some of the arcane/primal/spell abilities or skills in Dragon adventurer would need to be restricted or moved into this new Dragon Primalist school?

(thats how it works with multiclassing on bipeds, if Dragons started multiclassing a similar thing would have to happen)

*Devils advocate mode off*

*Runs away very very quickly*
    Chasing
    Chaos Shard
    Scarlet Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing View Post
    Wouldn't that mean that some of the arcane/primal/spell abilities or skills in Dragon adventurer would need to be restricted or moved into this new Dragon Primalist school?
    From my own experience, the melee side of the Dragon class already functions just fine even without the use of spells anyway. Some RP circumstances while I was leveling my primary melee dragon led to him pretty much not using spells until he was well past being level 100. All of his spells were T1 for a long time. While I can definitely see the difference now that he's got T5 spells, I certainly wouldn't call playing a melee dragon without them "difficult."

Not that that matters. Something like splitting the Dragon school will never happen anyway. :P

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

we decided to play "pure hybride"-
    best way to play a drag as far as we can see.

Would and could not live without our primal abilities.
    What a poor gaming that would be.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I too personally found no need for any primal abilities while playing melee. I never really found the need to be able to 1 shot a mob more. Honestly just about everything out there that isn't a named guy drops to a single gold rage, with or without primal abilities or spells. >.>

The only place I've found spellcasters to be viable is they can kill many creatures several levels below their own faster than melee can, but at that point, why bother? It's easier to go melee and kill creatures higher than your own level and gain more xp per hour.

This is if none of the creatures have stun or any other type of mezzes. Any interrupting of the spell casting and the time it takes to cast the spell is wasted. Spells are weak as water even if you spec to be a pure caster. I don't know why spells don't do MORE damage to make up for the trade off of wait->attack vs melee's attack->wait

It seems to me there needs to be a greater effect of how primal/power affects spellcasting ability and strength/TNC affects melee if the goal is to be more versatile and make your choice of where to put your points really matter.

Dragon's are not Casters, they are Hybrids that are melee focused with spells for support. More specifically, the DRAG adventure school.

If the Neo schools come to live you will have a much expanded spell repertoire. My guess is these neo schools are meant to allow a dragon to be a caster if he chooses.

NEO schools are not coming to live...
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Thread Information