48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 10.42%
  • No

43 89.58%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll Attunement Yes/No

Default Poll Attunement Yes/No

Before I cancel my accounts in protest of all these attuned on equip things going on I wonder where everyone else stands just a Yes or No.
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Default Re: Poll Attunement Yes/No

I don't believe in attuned, no trade tags. Everything should be tradeable.

I guess I should rephrase this poll , should items be attuned or not, sorry was not clear on the wording or question.
    Andy
    OK the old sig was too long , this one is better.

Item attunement and the trend to force attuning more and more items is probably the single practice that makes me want to walk away from the game. It has definitely lessened my enjoyment in playing.

I logged in after one patch and found something like 30+ withered bane techs in one character's vault...all attuned to her. Really, why? It's a first tier tech kit. Sure it's easy enough to get and make, but why make each character have to make his or her own, when 1 can make a bunch for the rest?

With limited vault stacks and inventory stacks, I can't place these items in storage..what's the point of storage on plots if the items you can stick in them get more and more limited because they're attuned?

It also decreases trade amongst players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Item attunement and the trend to force attuning more and more items is probably the single practice that makes me want to walk away from the game. It has definitely lessened my enjoyment in playing.

I logged in after one patch and found something like 30+ withered bane techs in one character's vault...all attuned to her. Really, why? It's a first tier tech kit. Sure it's easy enough to get and make, but why make each character have to make his or her own, when 1 can make a bunch for the rest?

With limited vault stacks and inventory stacks, I can't place these items in storage..what's the point of storage on plots if the items you can stick in them get more and more limited because they're attuned?

It also decreases trade amongst players.
    So much this. I pay for extra storage. A lot of extra storage. Yet each day I find there is one reason or another that I can't use it for anything other than resources which are only good for making more storage.... I play this game because I enjoy building lairs, but when there is no reward for doing so, I find little reason to log in and keep building lairs.

It is becoming increasingly frustrating when my characters run out of vault space yet I can't do anything about it because so many of the new items are attuned. The reward for taking months out of my life to build lairs is now non existent and I have to either delete items I can never get back or live with an eternally filled inventory and vault.

I'm greedy. I'm the type of player when faced with a decision to delete a really cool item so I can keep on playing, I'll take the really cool item and just leave. Wait until the game gets off it's crazy attunement nonsense and let us play the game and KEEP our quest rewards. *checks on AOC account* Nope. They still have a stupidly small vault. No money for them.

It's funny but to this day, I STILL have not used my black hammer or withered bane or any of the new techs. I still have no idea what they do. They don't say and I only get one of them.

I can't count the number of times I have crafted something for someone, but because they asked for a tech lit, I put the tech kit on it. SURPRISE! Now you can't sell this item or give it away. /trash

I voted "no" as in I don't like everything attuned.

Anything we craft, we should be able to share/sell, IMO. And given level/class requirements, it's not like just anyone can use items we earn from quests, should we decide the item would be better used by someone else.

What is personally worse for me, is having to choose between keeping an item from a quest or completing the quest. I'm still mad at Brysmendrik for stealing that bag of myloc heads I collected, saying it was payment for attuning to Draak... If I'd remembered that he wanted it, I would not have greeted him with it on me.

I don't think it is wrong to have a keepsake from running errands and quests. Some might say that Gregory turned traitor because I snitched some of his pipeweed and Darkstaff's pipe... and converted Darkstaff's mug into a deep pink mug for Sonea... and kept a bottle of the fine wine from a delivery errand that nearly killed me... and then there were those autographed socks which were useful in sopping up the leakage from that bag of myloc heads... *sigh* Okies, maybe I helped push him over the edge but he had problems before that - see if you can find Lady Karen and ask her about him.

For me, the attunement makes storage very problematic. I carry around a bazillion things all the time. I want the flexibility of changing out what is in my inventory with what is in my house. It keeps what I might link more interesting, and what I link is key to how I roleplay. Ultimately, that is why I'm not in favor of having so much be attuned.

I take issue with this as well. Item attuning is becoming a default occurrence in mmo's. I don't like it.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

I don't want all those things attuned. Don't know if that's a yes or a no.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

There is no sense in attuning anything in my eyes.
    Attuning things is annoyance- nothing else.
    Why annoy paying customers?
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I can see attuning for things you have to earn in Istaria. Emblems of achievement, for example. There's even a place for it in looted items that are for part of a quest so they're not accidentally deleted instead of turned in. However, attuning formulas, crafted gear (including cargo disks), or things looted for the sake of keeping them "rare" doesn't feel right.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

In a lot of other MMORPGs, the No-Trade/Attune/Soulbound/EX status was placed on an item to ensure that everyone who had that item, did the required activity to gain that item.

Items that were usually made this way, were usually high-quality items rewarded by doing some type of Endgame, so that they didn't have a bunch of alts walking around with high-powered gear. In another game I shall remain nameless, they had Attuned Once Equipped on a lot of gear, to ensure the same few pieces of craftables/drops weren't being recycled by too many people, and they've introduced a new feature on a few items called "Attuned to Account", which allows a player to trade items, but only to characters on his/her own account. This game also has a lot of players giving a steady flow of these "Attuned once equipped" items into the market; something Istaria doesn't have.

Back to the Endgame topic, Istaria doesn't really have that "Endgame". We've got a few "Epic" mobs that are pretty tough to kill, but otherwise there's no real "Endgame". Also, Istaria has a huge multi-school system which highly encourages players to hoard items for their different schools.

Final Fantasy XI had a similar multi-class theme, and guess what? It had the very same storage problems Istaria has -- a TON of Attuned (they call them EX over there, for 'exclusive' I believe, cannot be AH'd or traded) items in the game and only a very limited storage space. The only way they could combat the problem is giving people more and more and more storage, meanwhile more and more and more items have been released, and it is just a garbled mess.

Every time you make a new, Attuned item, you're increasing the size of the DB. Isn't that something we've been told, they DON'T want?

Two Scenarios:

1). No Attunes. A player has 2 characters who can both use Sword of Murderation 9009. The Sword isn't Attuned, so the player only grabs one, knowing that he or she can stick it in some form of Guild Storage so that not only his alts can use the Sword, but also some Guild Members can use it too.

2). Attunes. What if the Sword of Murderation 9009 was attuned? Then the very same player is now forced to obtain one of these swords per character, as is all of his guild members. Instead of 1 Sword of Murderation 9009 existing in the DB that serves 2-5 people, we now have 2-5 Swords doing the same.

Also, we need to look at this from a Market standpoint -- all of these attuned items cannot be consigned or traded, thus diminishing potential trading and market health. The Market has so few things now that are actually in demand enough to create a thriving market for; adding a bunch of attuned equipment isn't helping any. If the aforementioned Sword of Murderation 9009 example is used, I'm sure that could fetch quite a few silver, especially if it was more rare. For example, someone used that sword to play as a Paladin but then decides he's had enough of the Melee game, and decides he wants to be a Healer now and sticks his SoM9009 up on the Consigner.

Someone else is now free to buy it, thus creating trading on the Market which is something we want, and cannot have with the flow of more Attuned equipment.

Attunement, ugh, well, here goes.

I do NOT agree with attuning every little bit there is which can be seen as "powerfull" or "usefull", or even an "exploit", I'm ok with attuning stuff like novian resources, emblems (we NEED a new system for these, I bet if someone did all emblem quests, they'd barely have any stack left in their inv (not counting vault)), quested items, and perhaps even epic weapons.

so this is the answers I see:
    1) get an attuned item building thingymajig, we NEED more stack.
    2) make less stuff attuned (like dropped forms, really, why????)

I'm not an old player (480 days since I created meepsa), and I even have problems with all the attuning stuff

I voted NO.

Main reason is same as others have stated. It prevents
    Trade amongst the gifted. (I.E. I have an Ancient Dragon
    with an "Attuned on Loot" Large Intact Kwellen Hide that
    he cannot even sell to a Biped.)

I've said it before, and apparently it gets ignored, You cannot
    force an Economy. As the player base grows, so too shall
    the economy.

Marsh, send me a PM when/if you do take action. My 4 subs
    are on the brink also. Maybe a "Mass cancellation wave" will
    get someone's attention?

Andaras

Well I'm not wanting this to be a it is a This or This will happen type thing but as they say BS walks and money talks , Ive brought up attuned item on the forums and its fallen on blind eyes, and no I'm not canceling (yet) my subs, but because I"m mad at recent changes , that is why I asked for others opinions on the attuning on equip and on sale things, the devs have every right to screw up or fix things to their liking, but if it takes the fun away from my fun , then it is a game not fun and games.
    Last edited by MarshDog; March 27th, 2011 at 09:30 PM.

Iteam Attunement mite be good for some other games. But it just do's not realy fit in here at Istaria.

I say NO!
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Threatened cancellation of multiple subs probably is the best way to get someone's back up, especially when they feel they are in a position of what's best for the game.

I'd suggest tickets and other methods before organizing a "revolt".

I'm 80% positive that nothing will be done here, except perhaps maybe revisiting and unattuning some very few items. However, perhaps on a case by case basis we can justify why specific items shouldn't need to be attuned.

Don't get me wrong, I despise item attunements, even on things where the character needs to complete some quest to get the item him/herself, simply because IMO, every character should have the choice to keep or sell any item he gets. But from what I've seen in the past, mass exoduses seldom do much good in changing game design/intent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Poster
    I'm gonna post in this one too!

Well if I'm right in my math there is 51 years of game play going from forum join date, my math could be really off , but hope that counts for something on how the devs handle this.

I've been playing since 2004, so that math is off.

I only joined the forums last year since it appeared to be
    the only place where the Devs asked/listened to feedback.

Andaras

Attunement when used properly does not have to be a bad thing (like the whole Attune on Equip thing) considering it forces you to think about using something in case you might want to sell it.

The problem currently with Istaria is that you can build your brains out to finish a plot or lair and many items cannot be placed in it and with so many items becoming attuned it just gets ridiculous how stuffed a persons vault gets especially since at a certain point a player might have plenty of bulk, but due to all those items no more stack because no matter how many updates you buy in the end (last 2 to 3 updates I believe) you will only gain more useless bulk and not what many people really need additional stack.

I am no programmer, but the whole plot/lair storage thing should be changed. Placement of ALL items should be allowed in player build storage with one condition… Attuned items can only be moved, removed by the player who owns them. This should be one of the higher priorities to change. Maybe an option could be added for the owner of the storage to kick an item out of storage and into the owners vault… In the case that an old player left or someone is particularly messy leaving his junk everywhere except in pouches.

While normally I can agree with the logic of Attunement as to why it is needed in games, mostly to signify uncommon to very rare useable items, but in Istaria things are becoming a bit over the top so that even items that are common like Creme mentions the Withered Bane tech kit or my example the dragon tech kits. The tech kits themselves are quite common, but either the tech kits are attuned upon crafting (which works totally against creating an economy) or they force items they are used on into attunement forever from the moment they are used. Which forces you to keep them in Inventory or it is going to be another thing to place in your already overflowing vault.

Attune on crafting is BAD
    Attune on placing any tech kit is WORSE
    Not allowing players to store attuned items in plot/lair is WORST.

So for the purpose of how attunement is used in this game I say that Attunement is a bad thing.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

I do not understand the logic in attunement, except for a very few cases. In my opinion the only thing attuning all the items that are now attuned does is drastically hinder economy and cause storage problems. I do not like it and have said so on many occasions. But as Andy has stated our opinions have fallen on deaf ears. Not so much as a minor explanation.
    As far as I can see the only thing that this attunement rampage has done is frustrate the players. The longer they have played in the game the more frustrated they are. The newer players dont know the difference so they dont really have an opinion based on anything but the present system. I am in total agreement with Andy the game is definetelylosing its fun factor.
    The latest new content has been weak at best. Ashlanders tomb was very disappointing. The loot revamp was a total joke. I still cant believe they put any effort into that project. It seems to me thta the only thing they did was change the name of the crap loot and called it a major revamp. The broken weapon parts was a nice idea but then they nerfed the good stuff in that deal. The parts were to easily available when they first came out so nobody had to work for something that was very desirable.
    My game play time is decreasing rapidly due to lack of fun and overstuffed storage due to way to many single stacks of attuned items. I used to look forward to logging to play this game but now the only reason I log in is to see if my friends are on. But they usually arent because they have similar feelings about the content. I do not miss the game when I dont play so maybe it is time for me to save the money I spend on my 2 accts every month and use it for something fun. I can always email my friends or call them I dont need the game to communicate with them.
    Maybe if the one whose idea it is to attune everything would step forward and give their explanation why I may have a better understanding but until then I will just continue to become more bitter about it untill I finally stop paying the subscriptions. I have enjoyed my first 6 years of Horizons immensly, but the last year and a half not so much. If anybody on the development team really cares enough please explain your actions. Grodec
    Last edited by Grodec; March 28th, 2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Experienced hunter and Grandmaster craftsman. Blight only

Thread Information