Thread: Object, Npc, structure probs?

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Default Object, Npc, structure probs?

Greetings, Are we having problems on the coding side of things?
    Since the latest Delta went live i've heard more and more from players on chat channels about 'objects' not loading. Structures, NPC's or where NPC's should be but arn't just 'Unnamed' floating in the sky.

I too have noticed this happening. the other day i was trapped in one 'square' of the world. It was my recall point so i couldn't just recall as that didn't work. Had to relog twice before the rest of the world decided to show.

As i write this there are 2 chars at NT Gate.....or where it should be as they can't see it and 1 of them hasn't since he logged in over 3 hours ago. ??

This could turn nasty very quick as Milicent the NT consigner is one of the NPC's that ain't there for some. A key NPC for any new player.

Also thinking back on it, that could be why i died yesterday, as i couldn't see anything attacking me but i was getting hit bad....

Default Re: Object, Npc, structure probs?

A possible workaround for now: If you run in Window mode, you can hit the 'x' at the top to close it and spam 'Stop Action' in game shortly afterwards. This seems to actually stop the program from closing and seemingly force it to re-render without actually relogging.(I can only make guesses to why this works, maybe a Dev could shed some light behind why this appears to happen if they haven't already elsewhere). I've used it in the past where chunks of land just wouldn't load. May be a temporary solution if it works in the cases you're experience.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

I think it may be an internet speed thing.
    While having an 'issue' yesterday i checked my speed and ping times.
    They were 3.1mb and a ping time of 292ms.
    I'm amazed the game can even run on such a bad ping time. Looks like Cox is playing silly buggers again.....20mb my Ar$$

Nope, Ping is not the prob.
    It's started again allready, part of the world not loading and when it did i was insta killed by a few mobs that loaded with it.

Not sure if this is anything of use but the problem seems to happen when i'm playing a new char (post delta created) or when i'm dual playing with 2 chars (1 old and 1 new)
    It dont happen when i'm only using a pre delta char ?

Wierd huh?

Any idea if this situation seems to be happening to everyone that has Loading Screen off?

I have loading screen off and I no such issues. I have heard of a few people having similar issues (but not many). The only thing I can suggest is, when this starts occuring, make sure you send in your logs to support. The more info they have, the better chance there is of a fix. Good luck.
    --- iuvenilis --- [Officer of The Alliance]
    Demonslaying since July 2004

Thread Information