Thread: Player Plot Biped Crafting Machines – Take Two

Default Player Plot Biped Crafting Machines – Take Two

My original thread on this topic seems to have opened a “Pandora's Box” of sorts. On reflection I conclude that I made a tactical error. I stated some candidate solutions without first carefully stating what I consider to be problems with the current array of biped workshops. So first I state the “problems”:

1. The Confectioner Shop has no current need for a distillery and thus is very large for a single machine (the Cooking Table and Oven).
    2. The Leatherworking craft requires 3 machines (mannequin, tanning rack and distillery). The current shop seems not to have enough room for a third machine (a distillery).
    3. The Tinkerer Shop has little use for an Anvil (an anvil is but 1 of many machines needed for pre-processing of materials used in tinkering), and is quite large for housing a single machine.

The addition of an optional standalone mill shelter should not have been suggested in my original thread as it has no corresponding machine “problem”.

As for “problem” 1., above, if there are no possible forward plans requiring a distillery for the Confectioner school, a redesign of the confectioner shop (not a shelter enclosure for a Cooking Table and Oven, but rather a smaller version of an enclosed Confectioner workshop) would be welcomed.

For “problem” 2, we already have a tiered standalone distillery to support the curent Leatherworking shop. To handle T6 tannin this distillery needs to be Expert Class. Ideally a new version leatherworking shop, enlarged sufficiently to include a distillery machine, would nicely address future needs of Istarian biped Leathercrafters.

“Problem” 3 could be addressed by replacing the anvil in the Tinkering shop with a Pottery table and Kiln. The Pottery table and Kiln needs to be Expert class for the Tinkerer to make the Adamantium Enchanted key molds.

There doubtless are other ways to address these problems, or perhaps addressing any or all of them will not reach priority in the developer's work schedule.

As for proliferation of individual machine shelters, requests for smaller footprints of such structures as Mills and Vaults, and other biped plot issues, these matters are outside the scope of this thread.

Knossos

Default Re: Player Plot Biped Crafting Machines – Take Two

Good suggestions

Pssst! Knossos

Confectioners actually do use the Distillery. It is used to make white wine, red wine, chicken stock, beef stock, balsamic vinegar, malt vinegar, rice vinegar, & vinegar.

In spite of this, Cauldrons are used almost as much as the Cooking Table & Oven. So in my opinion it would be the most helpful if the Distillery was swapped out for a Cauldron. Then make a Distillery stand alone which could be built in either a cooking plot or a leatherworking plot.
    If this causes too many stand alones, then retire the Pottery shop and instead swap out the Anvil in the Tinkering shop for a Pottery Wheel (since it is now the Tinkers that mainly use the Pottery Wheel)

Just my two coppers worth
    Nellie Lovett, mad cook of Carmo on Order (Yup! She's a short Order cook! )
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

i like nellie's suggestions :-)

Thread Information