Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A friendly reminder to all farming Forms and Techs

Default A friendly reminder to all farming Forms and Techs

Please be aware that there are 4 Satyr islands to hunt on.

That the Islands are very well populated with things to hunt, and that you don't need to crash anyones fun by jumping the spawn they are hunting.

If you have a group, and upon arrival at one of these Islands, you see that there is already another group there... just move down the beach, or up into the interior of the island.

I understand how it can be, and realize that one can unintentionally hit something someone else is fighting. But if you discover that your hitting something someone else already started on, just hit stop. then move on to another mob.

These spawns "belong" to us all. Common courtesy says that if your there first you can farm it. but don't be suprised at the reaction you get if you attempt to "take over" a spawn, or steal it away from others that were already there.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Serat

Default Re: A friendly reminder to all farming Forms and Techs

Perhaps it would help to provide folks with the actual locations of all four satyr island portals. Also, wasn't one of them through the tunnel behind the waterfall out of Aug? On Order, that hasn't been reopened by AE. The one outside of Kirasanct is open. Not sure about thetwo others.

I am curious here. And I mean no harm with my question, but what gives the right for one group to farm a monster mob, and ask others to leave? How can you say the spawn is for all of us if you say move on to another area while you camp it? Last I checked, this isn't evercampquest?

All tunnels are open

Aeryal

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    I am curious here. And I mean no harm with my question, but what gives the right for one group to farm a monster mob, and ask others to leave? How can you say the spawn is for all of us if you say move on to another area while you camp it? Last I checked, this isn't evercampquest?
    Good call Peaches:) I have seen lots of people criticizing the selfish play they have seen on other games, now we are to allow a few greedy adventurers to farm techs and forms??

If a group can pull/hold down the spawn .... the spot is camped and "claimed".
    If there are enough mobs arround even if the ppl are pulling at full speed the spot is "free" ... that´s how i see this "problem".

I only wonderwhat should those last few "greedy adventurers" do beside farming techs and forms :) ?

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

zerbot

A very large majority of players don't want the "camp" mentality, we went through this during beta and just after release. Obviously it is to everyone's benefit to spread out if there are enough mobs, but if there aren't, then people will just have to share.

Exactly. I would truly hate to see our world become like eq campfest. No spawn belongs to anyone, but it belongs to each and every one of us. We all pay the same fees, and are entitled as thus.

Its really sad that greed once again, is invading the world I love so much.

What I have found that really angers me is for level 100 dragons or level 100, rating 135 people out killing the mobs that I need to level...I can understand them running about and keeping the mobs off of me while I craft, but that does not seem to be the case...

Please, please, go somewhere else, I'm justtrying to get XP, and you can go elsewhere to farm forms...Golems are the easiest for me to kill right now, I'm sure that the other tier V mobs are easier for you to kill than for me...

You have as much right to kill whatever mobs you want as I do, but just know that you are taking from my gameplay experience, taking the fun from me
    Death is the ultimate dilemma and integral to the beliefs and behavior of every culture. Life is bore on the corpses of the dead. Without death, there would be no motivation to do anything. The only emotion would be existing. Life would be pestilent and agonizing.

Ssilmath Torshak
    Paladin of Kass, Master Armorsmith

Edge

I don't think what Aamer meant was that if some one is hunting in a spot, then another party does not have the right to be there. The point is if you are attacking or in combat with a mob/mobs then it is not right for another party to start blasting that mob to pull aggro away and steal kills. There are plenty of mobs around to kill, no one needs to attack a mob that is already in combat with another player/group. I understand there are times when you don't see a player or maybe both attack same mob at the same time with a ranged attack, those are situations that can easily be understood and forgiven easily with out a grudge. The other is not so easy [:|]

the spawns belong to me.move along, lootphobics.

I also think Aamer was referring to mobs in active combat with another player/group not a group standing in one area and claiming all the mobs in that area.

Also...several weeks ago I posted all the coords to all 4 of the satyr tunnel entrances and the closest pre-merge towns. I don't remember the post title but you can do a search for something like "Kirasanct mine" and it should come up.

Gliding Frost
    Dark Defenders
    Adult May 16, 2004
    Ancient October 2005

i agree with the original poster.

some people don't have any manners, or class. they or their groupcan be in an area but not care about another group hunting. they would send out a "puller", one who will round up the mobs, and bring back to the group for slaughter. i have done this, but only when there's no other group around. when there is another group, i will leave that area alone.

if 2 groups attacking the same spawn area, sometimes the mobs don't attack the group who pulled it, but rather the other group already engaged in combat. this can lead to unnecessary DPs, and bad feelings.

especially now that there are so many twinkies. yes you know the ones, the oneswho's been twinked, or power leveled XPs leeching that still don't know a ******** thing yetwith arating of 110+.

there is an understanding between adventurers that, if you got toahunting ground, and a group is already at a certain spawn point, then it is best for you or your group to go to another spawn point. this doesn't require alot of brains.

it also doesn't require for the outcry of "evercamp" frothing at the mouth. there isn't a need to further doctrinate the wussification ofthis MMORPG. there will be camping in any game, even in HZ where people camp for comps, forms, and XPs. don't like camping? play Go Fish (best play by yourself so if you lose you'll still a winner).

it too doesn't require the "greedy adventurers" mantra. for 10 months all i hear is "greedy crafters". hey sweet, maybe for the next 9 months we get to hear about greedy adventurers. it's about friggin time, too. here's a hankie.

someone asked whatcan the pure adventurers do besides farming forms and techs? i got an answer for ya: quit.

like the thousands of adventurers before them.

That is not what he said ... he said ..

***If you have a group, and upon arrival at one of these Islands, you see that there is already another group there... just move down the beach, or up into the interior of the island. ***

Which to me means, if a group is at spawn area A, move along to spawn area B

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Vindra

I still believe into "you aggro it - it's yours - I aggro it, it's mine" - at least when I'm out around mobs that give me exp. Okay, I rarely go for exp to a region, where I can handle 4-6 mobs simultanously - I usually take on those I can barely handle 1 on 1 - as I'm in for the thrill of contest... so when my lvl 65 Pally is around maple treants, I sure won't complain if someone else takes some of the same spawn.. there'll be enough for both of us..

when I'm out hunting for tech ingedients - like frost beetle carapaces - and there's others hunting there, too, I offer my help as healer for some trophies. Or I just pull the whole spawn and tell the others to feel free and take their choices from the 12+ mobs trying to hit me. If they're there for the exp, it might even make sense for them to team with me, and do the edges of the spawn, while gaining exp from the massacre I do in the midst..

Basicly it comes down to communication and social behaviour.. someone seeing me come close to "his spawn" who yells "U get off - my Spawn" will get a friendly laughter as response and if he manages to bite off more than he can chew, he won't even get a heal or rez from me..

So, peeps, please don't forget the wonderfull ability to communicate with other players - you might be rewarded with some really interesting experiences. Sometimes even nice ones.

Phillip, its one of the main reasons I don't hunt. More for you I suppose, which makes you happier. ;(

Its too hard dealing with those folks who claim they *own* the spawn. So not hunting saves me the aggravation of being told to move on.

I would never ever attack someones monster, I would attack one that is not being attacked. But hey, thats me. In fact, I go out of my way to heal everyone when they need a heal, even if I was hunting.

SO, I give up.

No need to give up there Peaches...

It's the possibility of dialog and correcting the problem that lead to this thread in the first place.

Perhaps emotions run too high, and sometimes folks do loose their cool. But all these issues can easily just be dealt with and we all move on.

If left unchecked, they really would become a problem.
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Peaches I think Aamer intended to show this situation:

- groupA is in a spawn, be it i.e. Crimson Scourge or mobs V at Corvus etc at its pace.

- group B, usually a big group of high levels intermixed with leechers and powerlevelled ones, who just ravaged dry around, comes and starts pulling and killing mobs where group A is.

- group A asks them to let them kill that area since they were there first.

- group B could care the less and proceeds to make desert in group A place.

I am no big adventurer (lack of time so I end up crafting) and don't know the "adventurers' manners" but in that case I'll just fly and make the mobs run away of group B while it's in group A place or will gold rage all the mobs untilB leave.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Robert Quicksilver

Could always ask siad group if they need help or join up. ;)

Those satyr isles are pretty good and spawn rate is fairly good too.

Collected a few death points there. :D

Learnt a few things too.

Bloodmages are awesome when grouped with a sorcerer/mage/spiritist who can stun.

Mobs use teched spells now. You have been warned lol.

I think some of the groups combination makes for a lot of fun, heavy hitters, crossbowmen, beserker mixed with spiritist, sorcerrers, wizards, shamans and bloodmages. Its challenging now, :D.

Good job AE.

Wriath lord / battle orders..interesting.

Mobs use teched spells now. You have been warned lol.
    ******** now I see who were those Sigea Derehtiw that commissioned me so many spells and send them to a P.O. box!
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Thread Information