Thread: Free Up Old Names?

Hybrid View

Default Free Up Old Names?

Has Virtrium ever considered freeing up names from characters who haven't logged into the game in years? As a new player, I'm having a really hard time finding names that aren't taken.

I'm a pretty imaginative guy, but it has been a real hassle to find good fantasy names that aren't already taken.

Anybody else experiencing this problem? I've seen some, ah, pretty silly names in-game on low level characters, so I think that people might be stretching nowadays to come up with something.

Default Re: Free Up Old Names?

I do not support this idea:
    I have seen folks come back after many years- they are well known by this names- giving them away might not only confuse returning players, but other players too- who greet someone welcome back whom they never met before.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I can see that... Fair enough. So how about names on characters under a certain level who haven't logged in for years? Surely no one under, say, level 10 would be a well-known personality from the game's past?

Or the names of the characters who didn't get past the 14 days' trial?

*nods* this I agree to Lung & dead
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

And I agree with Lovwyrm )

But I have a bit of a hard time with this:
    "As a new player, I'm having a really hard time finding names that aren't taken."

What kind of names are we talking about? Really curious. Not doubting you but all the names I gave to my chars were still free.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Ditto here. I made a few new characters, and had to either spell it off from what I had in mind, or add an extra letter somewhere for it to accept.
    They don`t delete players characters, because those players may be back someday. if I ever quite for say a year, or so, and came back to see my character(s) gone, or without a name. I wouldn`t be too happy XD
    heh when I made Reagle I originaly intended on spelling it Regal, but that was taken. played with the spelling until one accepted.

Thread Information