Thread: Why Zarla & Shinkuu cannot stay Public

Default Why Zarla & Shinkuu cannot stay Public

Seems how so many people seem to care, for reasons that mystify me, that Zarla and maaaaybe Shinkuu are Dead, Gone, and out of the Public RP.

The reason why this must be so is quite simple. The Public RP world is one of misery, endless Drama, unsolvable problems, permanent evils, depression, and loathing for the most part. Zarla's character as it has evolved is one that would have to some day actually manage to accomplish a few goals and actually be capable of making some difference. She would have to fulfill her place as a Gifted and defeat many of the Aegis and protect the Living from darkness and evil. She would have to manage to be a hero once in awhile. However, the obvious truth is that she is destined to never accomplish squat. At best she would have Hatchlings with Romirez that would get slaughtered by some unstoppable evil force. (Which is why I was 100% against her having hatchlings.) She IS likely however to become another member of the living dead who tend to populate the place full of self loathing and hatred for all things. This would eventually make her anything but mate material for Romi and a character I would have negative amounts of pleasure playing.

Shinkuu is a bit more capable of handling the dark Dramafest because in the end she had one major goal and largely could convince herself that anything besides that did not matter. If the world went down in flames and everyone died then it was a tragic loss but not her responsibility to stop. So long as she killed her arch nemesis she was good to go and likely could die in peace in her own right. However, she had some decently strong ties to Zarla and I feel if Zarla died in the fashion she did then Shinkuu WOULD probably give in to prevent the same fate for other perceived innocents. After all, it would mean that in essence SHE caused Zarla's obliteration by allowing Zarla to be her friend and to fight by her side. That is why she needed to go as well in the fashion she did. (Not that anyone besides Niv would care most likely.)

So yeah. tl;dr version: Zarla's character is not a proper fit for the eternal Doom & Gloom Self Loathing Public RP setting and keeping her there would cause me and Romi great misery and displeasure. Shinkuu's death is just a result of Zarla's demise and helps me to simply exit from that scene. If ever I feel greatly inclined to play such a depressed and depressing character that does fit then I will throw them in but do not hold your breath.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Default Re: Why Zarla & Shinkuu cannot stay Public

I'm not trying to butt in here cuz I know nothign about what's going on in Public RP nor really how you play the characters. (Though I encourage people to change the public RP flavor if they dont like it but that's another topic ).

But having read all the threads and the posts about the deaths - to me it seems to be that noone is of the opinion that you shouldn't do what you did to your characters. It was more in the HOW you did it that upset people. And by How I dont mean the mechanics of their deaths, but more that it left whomever was RPing with you flapping in the wind.

Having been left flaping in the wind I understand that frustration. But people tend to deal with that better when its the result of a player leaving the game. To be left intentionally and without warning, flapping in the wind - it just feels more personal and hurtful.

That's from my own experiences of being left flappign in the wind RP/IC wise, I can't speak for any others, but from what I've read betwee you and others who post here - that semed more to be where the upset'ness was comin from.

Wether you care or not or wether that matters is another topic. But I just felt a need to say it. I am not getting why this is so confusing to you, so the helper in me wanted to try and help the understanding I guess.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Default This is my confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    I'm not trying to butt in here cuz I know nothign about what's going on in Public RP nor really how you play the characters. (Though I encourage people to change the public RP flavor if they dont like it but that's another topic ).

But having read all the threads and the posts about the deaths - to me it seems to be that noone is of the opinion that you shouldn't do what you did to your characters. It was more in the HOW you did it that upset people. And by How I dont mean the mechanics of their deaths, but more that it left whomever was RPing with you flapping in the wind.

Having been left flaping in the wind I understand that frustration. But people tend to deal with that better when its the result of a player leaving the game. To be left intentionally and without warning, flapping in the wind - it just feels more personal and hurtful.

That's from my own experiences of being left flappign in the wind RP/IC wise, I can't speak for any others, but from what I've read betwee you and others who post here - that semed more to be where the upset'ness was comin from.

Wether you care or not or wether that matters is another topic. But I just felt a need to say it. I am not getting why this is so confusing to you, so the helper in me wanted to try and help the understanding I guess.
    What is so confusing to me is why anyone BESIDES the only TWO people who had anything to do with Zarla are bothering me. Welun, who does not even talk here and Romi are the only two who have any rite to speak up about her exit in any fashion. Maaaaybe Niveus as a friend of her and Shinkuu but he is not their mate or family.

Zarla has no other real ties in the world and is NOT in ANY WAY central to ANY RP whatsoever. She is not even central to Romi's RP if we are being honest. He could move on without her if he so desired. The ONLY person she is in the LEAST thaaaat important to is Welun. She has no other Hatchies at this point and nothing else tying her to any place or people.

So her Loss is really none of their business and not important. She has never been an important character. She was never going to BE an important character.

As for changing the RP... Tried that... Failed. Not going to waste my time. I am perfectly fine RP'ing with just my RL mate and no one else quite frankly but I will accept those who I feel are mature enough to be able to handle some serious RP as well. Time will be the teller of how many I bother associating with or if I mostly play like a number of my Clan Mates and friends who do not RP at all despite being on the Shard.
    "Nothing Is Never Not... everything is never."-Vacuus, Lord of Nothing

Default Re: Why Zarla & Shinkuu cannot stay Public

The thing changes when a friend of yours feel OoCly bad after this. I feel concerned when a friend of mine feels bad for something, and I try to help if I can.

Thread Information