Thread: Dragon Family Spreadsheet

Default Dragon Family Spreadsheet

I noticed there was an old spreadsheet that used to be maintained, however last i checked it hasn't been updated in some time. I was wondering if there was some kind, or some way to create a web based spreadsheet that people could enter data into (Eg, Characters First and Last name, Adoptive/blood parents, if Alive or Deceased), and after adding the data into specified text boxes, it automatically places the information into the spreadsheet based on the information provided. (Eg, Thenalth's adoptive mother is Lifaen, if i added Lifaen into 'Adoptive Mother', it would insert Thenalth automatically underneath Lifaen and connect them together like in normal family trees).If there isn't one out there, would it be possible?
    Last edited by Thenalth; April 24th, 2011 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Added more information
    Thenalth Venalueth (Order) Adult Lunus
    Kelthorath Insalik (Order) Hatchling
    Riethali Koray (Order) Hatchling

Default Re: Dragon Family Spreadsheet

Technically, I'm sure it is possible, but do I have the ability to do it? No.

When that family tree was maintained, it ended up becoming super complicated, because there were multiple types of arrangements, dragons who were part of one family, but not another, even though they were related via adoption or biology, and so on. Lines would crisscross making it difficult sometimes to tell if a connection existed or not. When I spoke to Tsar about updating the list one time, he told me he'd need a three-dimensional tree to make it really work ;p

I'd definitely support and endorse its recreation. I do miss all the family roleplay that used to be predominate here, even though Mae's not one for adopting anymore. Unfortunately, I haven't the skill to create a system like you would like.

PS. There is also the roleplay wiki at http://roleplay.orderunderground.org/wiki/Main_Page. If you want to drop information about your character and relations, you certainly can do so there.
    Last edited by Kaerisk; April 24th, 2011 at 07:35 PM.
    Maekrux Vythulhar, the Blue Phoenix
    "Resurgam!"

Thread Information