Thread: Any idea of when this extreme shard brokeness will end?

Default Any idea of when this extreme shard brokeness will end?

Dear Luca,

So far EQ2 alone is already doing a fantastic job about reducing the bandwidthusage of GN's lines. Many I know got it yesterday or today.

So far many prominent players are quitting the game.
    Not 1 month old newbies, but level 100/100/etcetera and multiple 100 crafters.

Horatio, Matecuss, Papy (my guild master), Kasira, Tyreal, Oreana, Nefridite (afaik), Isair, Nerfherder, Becky Sterling, Sapphiroth....

Just to name few, VERY few.

Some went for EQ2, but most quit because let's state it clearly... the shard situation sucks.

Daily reboots, database crashes, second merge after huge screwup of plots, mobs not repopping, basic things like the web site dying or expiring and after weeks still reporting the shard offline...

This is not the way to do things. This is not the way to keep people subscribed.
    I really don't see how it's so hard to understand, yet it's weeks that we get ... this.

Sincerely. I know that you probably have no control on all of this mess but please tell your superiors to either fix the game or have the guts to close it for good.

As of now, the only sensation many people are getting is to pay to keep alive a dying thing while all their friends are moving away before it crumbles to dust. And telling them to follow.

I really would like to get a response, a responsible and sincere one,to this post.
    It would be just too easy to censor it and let it disappear or cowardly ignore it. Yet the problem is there, not caused by me.

A standing obelisk in the middle of a square, with written in big letters: "When will this end?"
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Default Re: Any idea of when this extreme shard brokeness will end?

Just to set the record straight: Oreana has not left the game, she is a very active member of our guild :)

Btw... I still love this game even in it`s present condition as i know many others do too and I see new faces all the time. Yes some have left and some more will do when other titles are released but I see some of those folks returning in the future.

There are serious issues which need to be addressed forthwith and I do believe the issues mentioned in Vahrokh`s post will eventually be worked out hopefully sooner rather than l8r.

I am keeping the faith and I hope you do too :)
    Orophin Eluch - Elf

Disappeared without a trace....

Cylian (sorry thenew name keeps getting off my mind), sorry to inform you, just before the server died, Oreana announcedon market that (ask Dimitri - he was there) she is leaving for EQ2. I did not make in time to read it all since I got kicked off game and cannot relog to check.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.

I used to think like that, if high lvls leave the game will die.
    That was a long time ago.

Simply put, nobody is that important and everyone is expandable as an individual in an online enviroment. Understanding this fact is a first step.

People come and people go, nothing lasts forever.
    You are just a virtual characther in a virtual enviroment.
    You are here to have fun and when that ends you move on, and trust me it will end someday.

The trick for the company is to make your time here lasts as long as possible so you can keep paying your subscription.

Atm, Unity is one fubared platform which needs fixing asap.
    There is a limit on how much a player can leave.
    Those that will leave, will most likely not post anything in these forums.
    They will just leave.

Others though, more active in forums or simply attention seekers will post their "goodbyes" in this forums expecting...who knows what from the people on these forums.

I allways find it amusing to read peoples goodbyes on these forums.

Anikitos
    Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh
    Cylian (sorry thenew name keeps getting off my mind), sorry to inform you, just before the server died, Oreana announcedon market that (ask Dimitri - he was there) she is leaving for EQ2. I did not make in time to read it all since I got kicked off game and cannot relog to check.

Ack! Bad news indeed Vahrokh. I hope Oreana reconsiders as she would be a great loss to the guild and Istaria as a whole :(
    Orophin Eluch - Elf

Disappeared without a trace....

bah, she can't leave. Thus, she'd leave all the obsidian and marble to me, and the yew to demitri... She'd never do that [:S]
    Dvergar Blutaxt @ Unity (former ICE) / Paladin 97 - Mason 100 // before hibernation

i knew Oreana will leave.... she d already told me that this situation was too much for her, she stayed just to help us with the guildhall building, but i'd lie if id say that i wasn't hoping for her to stay more [:(]

Really, this situation sux bigtime.... arfff andi got no more beers left....
    on the road again !
    100 Warr/100 clrc/100 Berserker
    Born of Black Wind, Fire & Steel !

*sniff* [:'(]

Not Oreana, she rocked !

GN - Get this sorted asap, we need the shard back up, and more importantly we need Oreana back !!!

Lanfea

The Vielo camp is breaking up and the gypsies are returning to their wagons and they leave the town of Bristugo in different directions, spreading out to do their part in the battle against the Blighted Emperor.
    A little boy climbs up to the seat beside his father, "Father where are we going?"
    The adult Vielo looks down on his son with a face glowing with hope, "We are going to a better place, my son. To a better place"
    (taken vom unity herald report #1)

Oreana

Aaww, my my my you are all such a bunch of good boys. Thank you all for the kind words. What am gonna doooo !?

The truth is that I am taking a break (maybe a long break) I cannot stand anymore the downtimes, bugs, broken things. I've been waiting for so many things, dungeons, dragons lairs,elven and dryad buildings and much more. I do love the game. When I was playying EQ, one Dev of Horizons was in my guild so I followed Hz since the very beginning, since we were talking of race wars, angels, vampires and much much more. But it didn't happen and that was the first step down the path of desillusion.

Since I joined the game , I met an incredible community, we are a bunch of mature and no nonsense people but I cannot stand anymore the waiting, the delayed promises and lately the hours and hours of downtime are just taking all the fun from me. I am going to stay a bit more as promised to help build the guildhalls (if the game is back online !). Then I am going to play EQ2 for a while and beginning of January I'll be in Wish Beta. I really hope things will improve in Hz so I can come back with a renewed enthusiasm and plenty of novel things to discover but at the moment it seems to me that days and hours of frustration are not matching the few hours I can play and enjoy Horizons.

Again thank you all and sorry to disappoint you.

Here it is I've said it all.

Ouch , i alrdy know ppl are leaving but coz if this ppl are MASS leaving think hz wont need a faster server or what ever soon soc of less ppl less lag ....
    Onnidrah: Half Gaint - Retired
    Warrior: 100 Cleric: 100 Mage: 100 Spiritist 100
    Armourer: 62

Unity [Formerer ICE]
    Old Beta Player
    Tazoon irc: IRC

Slate

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfea
    The Vielo camp is breaking up and the gypsies are returning to their wagons and they leave the town of Bristugo in different directions, spreading out to do their part in the battle against the Blighted Emperor.
    A little boy climbs up to the seat beside his father, "Father where are we going?"
    The adult Vielo looks down on his son with a face glowing with hope, "We are going to a better place, my son. To a better place"
    (taken vom unity herald report #1)

Vielo leaving?? *hopefull*

Quote Originally Posted by Oreana
    Aaww, my my my you are all such a bunch of good boys. Thank you all for the kind words. What am gonna doooo !?

The truth is that I am taking a break (maybe a long break) I cannot stand anymore the downtimes, bugs, broken things. I've been waiting for so many things, dungeons, dragons lairs,elven and dryad buildings and much more. I do love the game. When I was playying EQ, one Dev of Horizons was in my guild so I followed Hz since the very beginning, since we were talking of race wars, angels, vampires and much much more. But it didn't happen and that was the first step down the path of desillusion.

Since I joined the game , I met an incredible community, we are a bunch of mature and no nonsense people but I cannot stand anymore the waiting, the delayed promises and lately the hours and hours of downtime are just taking all the fun from me. I am going to stay a bit more as promised to help build the guildhalls (if the game is back online !). Then I am going to play EQ2 for a while and beginning of January I'll be in Wish Beta. I really hope things will improve in Hz so I can come back with a renewed enthusiasm and plenty of novel things to discover but at the moment it seems to me that days and hours of frustration are not matching the few hours I can play and enjoy Horizons.

Again thank you all and sorry to disappoint you.

Here it is I've said it all.
    You'll be missed so much..... arfff ******** [:'(]
    on the road again !
    100 Warr/100 clrc/100 Berserker
    Born of Black Wind, Fire & Steel !

Oreana I appreciate your reasons for taking a break, they're undeniably good reasons for having some time off - disappointment and frustration wears us all thin at times.

I hope I get to see you in-game before you take your vacation, and more importantly I hope things get fixed so we might see you return to Istaria before too long [:)]

Personally I've always got The Realm Onlineto fall back on when there's shard problems here. If you ever stop by there during your vacation, I'm Tzael the elven adventurer there. I'd be happy to guide you round and introduce you to a community that inspires me and that I have seen our own community become more and more like as time has gone by [H]

*hugs* Take care and may Alyssa always smile fondly upon you [:)]

Lystiga

And now Anikitos, did Oreanas Goodbye amusing you ?

Lystiga

Sigh Oreana... good bye.

It's all I can say.

You and Kasira and Tyreal meant much for me even if lately we did not do much together. And guess? All three off game.

I left like so many others lately, but unlike many others im not lining up for eq2 or wow..
    I left because of the many issues with the shard, and with no info on why
    this happens over and over again, why stay?..
    That being sad, im still active on the forums, eagerly awaiting patch notes , so i can come back...
    Isair Maelowyn [Retired]

Quote Originally Posted by Lystiga
    And now Anikitos, did Oreanas Goodbye amusing you ?

Lystiga

Dont know her, so it left both me and my gameplay uneffected.
    Her reasons for leaving where straight and honest and i sharemost of them.
    Did not look like a "drama" post or "attention" post either from her part.
    If it was written in such fashion, then yes it would have amused me for 2 seconds then i would have forgotten about it.

Anikitos
    Anikitos

100 Warrior / 100 Cleric / 100 Shaman / 100 Guardian / 100 Monk / 100 Spiritist
    60 Druid / 40 Chaos Warrior / 36 Mage

Well 2 good RPers have left Kushan as I mentoned at General forum too...

Both where driven RPers too and I dont like to loose good driven members.
    Vanaondo
    The RP guild Kushan Sogd at Harro, Unity Shard
    Download and install Pekkas Map Pack v2.9 today and HCC 0.26 Beta is there too

Thread Information