Thread: He is DEAD.

Default He is DEAD.

Osama Bin Laden is DEAD!
    Go America!

-that is all

Default Re: He is DEAD.

Breaks out 20 year old bottle of scotch and shares it with the community hear

And turns on Toby Keniths Angry American and turns it up when the song gets to

CAUSE WELL PUT A BOOT IN YOUR A$$ ITS THE AMERICAN WAY !!!
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

This is good news but I'd suggest to put it in General off topic posts

It is about time.

The only trouble though, is some other guy will step up and take his place.

But still, talented and skilled leaders aren't a dime-a-dozen, and maybe the new guy might think twice before doing something like Bin Laden did, especially if the war against terror continues even after Bin Laden's death, if we continue to hit Al-Qaeda camps and such.

This is good news -- maybe we can get some closure to the ongoing drama started 10 years ago. (yes, I'm being highly optimistic here.) Take some time to reflect upon what we've been through, our losses, how our lives have changed, and why.

While a great relief, however, this a solemn event, not a joyous one. So please, try to show some class. To celebrate a person's death in a joyous, boisterous manner, no matter who that person is, portrays us as bloodthirsty savages -- no different than the ones we love to loathe.
    You can get anything you want in life -- just make a lot of noise and bite the right people.

Thank you Steelclaw for this comment.
    I feel the same.
    But maybe its not up to a non US citizen to comment on this.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not enjoying the news, just saying that he won't continue his deeds, and that this may weaken his followers.

(I did not mean you Lung- I ment myself- and only in the context of Steelclaw`s post)
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    While a great relief, however, this a solemn event, not a joyous one. So please, try to show some class. To celebrate a person's death in a joyous, boisterous manner, no matter who that person is, portrays us as bloodthirsty savages -- no different than the ones we love to loathe.
    Not saying I disagree with you, but I will point out, that these extremists and radicals already think that the entire nation of the USA is a nation full of trash/garbage/infidels/etc and no manner of "class" is ever going to change that.

Edit: Just in case you're not talking about their viewpoint of us, but your own viewpoint of Americans, I'd like to point out that it wasn't us who started this, it wasn't us who decided to make an unprovoked attack on 3,000+ civilians (don't forget, one of the planes failed to reach its target), so even if you do see Americans cheering and celebrating (not saying its right to, but some will do it), don't think of them as bloodthirsty savages. They're merely saying "serves you right for attacking us!", basically.

I do have a concern, though. A news article I read seemed to imply that President Obama somehow had a hand in this, and that it was -his- presidency that finally defeated him where the other presidencies "failed".

That is utter hogwash; the only thing the President did was say "ya ok, go ahead and attack them" after hearing the intelligence reports. The good men and women in the military did the rest. I really hope he doesn't try using this as a thing to grab voters in this coming year's elections, or if he tries that, I hope someone points out the fact that the President himself actually does very little; it is all of the people under him who do 99% of the work.

Thread Information