Thread: portals need improved tweaks and get updated

Default portals need improved tweaks and get updated

dont know why.
    as you leveled up and it cost more and some portals get 'unavailable' after i was gone for few months, as a dragon, i flew from chironic/drak to bristigo and it took me 15-20 mins, then got bored and logged out after i checked my dragon's money, i am broke from last time i was building my lair.

i guess i go back to hunting to make some serious golds since all those lair-making resources are shattered everywhere on istaria and need refining and crafting, but those hoverdisk need better weight limit raised, tired of putting 2 to 4 final crafted items to the lair out of several hundred raws each time.

cost of portals are "counter-productive"
    Last edited by Wylonus; May 14th, 2011 at 01:46 PM.

Default Re: portals need improved tweaks and get updated

The disks have been upped before.
    Work out of silos. Trying to work out of a disk is counter productive.

You will get much farther much faster if you gather many of one resource at a time (bricks) then gather many of the other stuffing them in silos and making many hundreds of your final product taking that to the lair.

1. Portals are intended to be a money-sink. There has always been a scaling fee on them that rises with your highest level, capping at level 100. In addition, some portals/destinations add a flat fee to use them. There is also a fee for the amount of bulk on a cargo disk dragged behind you through portals. All of these have been here since day 1, and to the best of my (limited) knowledge the prices have never been changed. (I will say that the secret is that you can get ANYWHERE for free if you have no cargo disk-- it might take more jumps or go out of the way a bit, but it can be done. If portal fees are a problem for you, try exploring the portals to figure out which lead where for free.)

2. You don't say how long it's been, but I will guess you last played before the T2 revamp. Part of the revamp was making several T1/2 racial cities require attunement: Sslanis, Bristugo, Dalimond, and Chiconis. Once attuned, that character can always port to them-- it's just the first trip you have to walk/fly. It's a bit of a nuisance, but if you can fly it should be minimally annoying.

There are several portal changes coming - currently on Blight. I don't see the prices changing, though. As mentioned, those charges haven't changed since launch, and you can bypass the higher cost of dragging a disk through portals by going through one or two extra ports, or flying if it's not extremely distant.
    I never met a gnome I didn't like. For tender morsels they are!

Thread Information