Thread: Blight Storms?

Default Blight Storms?

Sort of a two-fold question/suggestion.

I'm a very old player (read: account created way back on launch day) returning to the game. Well, returning a second time, but that's more details than anyone cares to hear I'm sure. That said, I'm not 100% sure of the current state of the game, but I'd like to inquire about Blight Storms (at least, I'm pretty sure that was the name, it's been a long time afterall).

Last I recall of the history of them is that, when first launched, these were in game, but never functioned quite right. That put them on hold for a bit, and with server population problems as the game went on, made them impractical altogether. As a result, they just never really got fixed and made a permanent part of the game (feel free to correct me anywhere on this because, as I said, my memory of it all is somewhat fuzzy).

For any of you wondering what they were, they're similar to what I believe the game Rift is doing. At least, I think so, since I haven't played Rift.

These storms would form randomly in different areas. The country-side would be blighted and generally uglified, and the Withered Aegis would pour forth. They were designed to be random, and if the General/Leader, or enough of the troops (or both? again, don't remember), were killed, the storm would be stopped, and the invasion defeated. If not stopped, they would continue their advance. That's the gist anyways.

So my suggestion would be, of course, that having these working and going in game would be a positively awesome, even sometimes scary, prospect. As long as they were careful with them of course, because it would be easy to overwhelm a population to the point it was simply unenjoyable and frustrating.

The question, after all my above rambling, is simply whether or not these have been discussed at all in the last couple years, and what consensus there was on it. Either in regards to why they were shelved altogether, or why they haven't been implemented, etc.

At any rate, feedback, thoughts, opinions, information...all of it much appreciated by a returning oldy, who doesn't remember how to play at all. I'm a noob again; the irony! Be safe all.

Default Re: Blight Storms?

Perhaps the Anchors are as close as we are to "Blight Storms" at this time.

Knossos

Unfortunately, I'm not too sure what the Anchors are. Remember, I'm essentially a nooby. Assuming this is an acceptable forum for it, I'd love to hear more about the Anchors.

Blight Anchors blight the land that they show up in/travel to. They spawn Withered Aegis mobs the same tier of the anchor and they have a TON of HP. It's a cause to get a group together to take them down usually.

More frequently appearing as of late is the Avatar of Pain, who also has his "posse" that respawn when killed until the Avatar himself is killed. He, although, does not blight the land/resources but does make traveling to the city he's in quite an adventure
    Shinobai - 100rng/100hlr/100war/80monk/65dru/80mage/65sprt
    Crimson Dawn - Chaos Shard

Shins Draconic - 100adv/85drc/what's lairshaping?

Blight anchors are a random spawn that blights the land, and resources, and makes the surrounded area stormy, and green, looks like a giant celery stalk so if you see one, I think these are what you`re refering to. they do spawn aegis, mostly kwellens, blights, wraiths, and spectres (blighted wisps) And continue spawning these until it is destroyed. ^^

Ahh, very very cool. That sounds interesting, I'll keep an eye out for sure. I'd say those anchors are a pretty good approximation of the Blight Storms. Thanks for the info all

Thread Information