Thread: Humor Me

Default Humor Me

Hello, I've been considering signing up for this game for a small while, but I need some convincing!

I played this game for a few weeks when it was only a month old and known primarily as Horizons. Yeah, I quit for a lack of interesting gameplay, but as I said, it was new!--and I can imagine much has changed since then.

So, I have a few qualifications that I hope someone(s) can help answer.

I understand that if I want high gameplay value, I should probably check elsewhere. However, I'm more interested in community. Stories. Roleplay. What is the roleplay like here? Is there much of it? Is it in the open or in secluded hovels? Are there story-tellers who enjoy weaving together new adventures? How literate is the RP community on average?

How close is the community? So far it seems pretty close, which I really long for compared to these other massive games I've played. I love close-knit groups of friends. I don't love drama, but I won't deny it can happen anywhere. How easy/difficult is it to make a place for yourself in the community?

If I were to play, for OBVIOUS reasons I'd roll first as a dragon (I'm aware I have to pay). I'm probably one-of-a-million for saying this, but I am fascinated with dragons. I collect them: figurines, posters, books (novels, history, biology, how-to-draw), jewelry... Yeah. >_>; Anyway, what is it like to RP a dragon here? What are clans/families like? Tell me anything!

I appreciate any feedback I can get for this. Unfortunately, at this time, I don't have a computer that can run the game (my laptop here can't even run RuneScape very well), so it will be some time before I can get a new one. In the mean-time, I hope to hear back from you and make a decision from what you tell me. Thank you so much!

Default Re: Humor Me

Welcome Deondrey, i can probably roughly answer a few questions, however I'm definitely not the best person to look to, Still rather new in comparison to some myself Eh hem, anyway;

Roleplay fluctuates alot, sometimes its near constant over the public, but other times it can be local (Most Local RPs occur in New Trismus, however private ones would most definately occur elsewhere or in PCs. Some players are rather skilled at RPing in multiple scenarios as well, So don't be surprised to see someone put something like [characternamehere] and then the rp response, called ghosting.

Almost all players I've met on Roleplay are Primary English, and even those who arn't, most of them are still highly skilled, however some even use the Dragon Language developed some time ago alot(Thread about it here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=23976. Rarely will you find someone who's difficult to understand, at least oocly, there are a few, strange PCs around . Long as you can easily seperate OOC from IC, you'll be welcomed with open arms (Brackets, or double brackets are the most common forms of way to talk oocly unless in a ooc channel)

The Community is Very Close in my personal opinion, yes there is some occasional drama, but please whatever you do, DON'T listen to anyone who disses the Roleplay Server, there are people there and they have caused problems before. As for making a name for yourself, just don't powerplay, and Roleplay a ballanced character and you'll do fine Don't be afraid to make a good storyline either, character storylines are great RP drivers .

As for Dragon communities, unless in an organised RP or stated otherwise in RP (Eg, RPing multiple characters and/or rping a blood child of a pair of other players characters), Most Hatchlings (As you start of as) are generally Orphans or something similar, however just RP and you'll find an a person who will be more then willing to rp an adoptive parent. My first character found his in a few days .

Like i said at the Start, someone else can probably give you a better response, but i definitely think it's worth it, i came originally to try out the dragons myself, Stayed because of the absolutely awesome community.
    Thenalth Venalueth (Order) Adult Lunus
    Kelthorath Insalik (Order) Hatchling
    Riethali Koray (Order) Hatchling

Quote Originally Posted by Deondrey View Post
    Hello, I've been considering signing up for this game for a small while, but I need some convincing!

I played this game for a few weeks when it was only a month old and known primarily as Horizons. Yeah, I quit for a lack of interesting gameplay, but as I said, it was new!--and I can imagine much has changed since then.

So, I have a few qualifications that I hope someone(s) can help answer.

I understand that if I want high gameplay value, I should probably check elsewhere. However, I'm more interested in community. Stories. Roleplay. What is the roleplay like here? Is there much of it? Is it in the open or in secluded hovels? Are there story-tellers who enjoy weaving together new adventures? How literate is the RP community on average?

How close is the community? So far it seems pretty close, which I really long for compared to these other massive games I've played. I love close-knit groups of friends. I don't love drama, but I won't deny it can happen anywhere. How easy/difficult is it to make a place for yourself in the community?

If I were to play, for OBVIOUS reasons I'd roll first as a dragon (I'm aware I have to pay). I'm probably one-of-a-million for saying this, but I am fascinated with dragons. I collect them: figurines, posters, books (novels, history, biology, how-to-draw), jewelry... Yeah. >_>; Anyway, what is it like to RP a dragon here? What are clans/families like? Tell me anything!

I appreciate any feedback I can get for this. Unfortunately, at this time, I don't have a computer that can run the game (my laptop here can't even run RuneScape very well), so it will be some time before I can get a new one. In the mean-time, I hope to hear back from you and make a decision from what you tell me. Thank you so much!
    Hello and welcome on Istaria, Deondrey. I hope you'll get a computer to run the game soon, and look forward to meet you in game. My nickname is the same than here.
    You can have a look on how the larger part of roleplayers do in this game, by checking the RP guide here:

http://www.crimson-dawn.org/?pn=UnOf...leplayer_Guide

Several players are often on and free to roleplay from around:

10pm : Berlin
    9pm : London
    4pm : New York
    1pm : Los Angeles
    8am : Sydney
    6am : Tokyo

There is a main RP channel ,open to everyone, but private channels (invite only) are also there, as well as themed ones. You can talk with others and create your own if you want. There are some stories on this forum, and sometimes, events in game in which characters tell stories in RP.

About the RP skill, tastes are various. I, as well as the majority of RPers, aren't too demanding about it, but a few prefer to interact with skilled RPers, who knows english language well enough to write deep, detailed walls of text.

About the community, I think the larger part of it is friendly, warm and welcoming, as well as helpful. Don't hesitate to ask here or in game if you need helps, informations,...

I think I can't tell you what it is to RP a dragon, the dragons RPed there are quite various, have different minds, tastes, ... the best is to come and see by yourself
    I don't know much about the clans, but the families can be soft ones, with loving parents, playful hatchlings,... again, it is various.

Thank you for your replies.

I do have another question. I imagine the dragons are the most popular race, but are there sufficient amounts of RP coming from the other races? The Sslik have also caught my interest so far.

Fast answer to your question: Yes

For Sslik RP, please track down and talk with
    Ssilmath. He's a master!

Plenty of non-Dragon RP going on, you just need
    to scratch the surface.

Hope to see you on Order,
    Andaras

I rp an elf quite a lot....more than my dragons lately, actually.

Though in sheer number I would say sslik/saris are the most numerous biped race.
    "State your case, but do it well. I do not suffer fools gladly." ~Sereamha Balla-dor

To those who may remember--

I finally have a new computer built, and she's running smoothly! I am currently downloading the game with the intention of activating a Trial account. I will let you know again as soon as I am in game, but I also need to know where to start. I'd like some contacts and would like to put my character into a story once I become familiar with the game. Are there any ongoing stories currently needing a new hatchling or wanting to adopt? Otherwise I'm sure I'll find my own way.

Welcome to Istaria, Deondrey!

I'm sure you'll find the Community very welcoming, as a whole, and, particularly within the Dragon community; that has certainly been my experience, in these 45-days since Morinare was "re-born" as a Gifted.

I tend to have a more quiet, yet fully-involved style of role-play, in that I try to always remain in-character; since I'm still quite new to the game, Morinare and I are discovering things at the same time, and I try to keep his responses and actions as close as possible to what I believe a young, inexperienced, inquisitive, and slightly impetuous dragon would do or say.

And, while I do have a fairly detailed "back-story" in mind as I'm playing, very little of that has been voiced or demonstrated in-game; rather, bits and pieces of "who" Morinare is emerge as he interacts with the Istarian world and its population...and, parts have changed, based on things the "two of us" have seen.

I'm sure you'll find quite a few folks who are deeply into RP...as well as others, even on the Order shard, who really don't want to bother with it.

In any case, I hope you have fun, and, if you see me in-game, feel free to give me a *wing-wave*
    Cogito, ergo sum Draconem.

Welcome back. The community has still some old members, but also many new ones, a good amount of them friendly and nice, I am sure you will enjoy meeting them.

*serves Deondrey a container full of klava presented with a towel and a curtsy*
    welcome home!

Thread Information